Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with Coding Issues re: NCS and PASoft

Distinguished Coders and Tuners:

I am running into two separate, but very annoying issues, using NCS Expert and PASoft (aka BMW Scanner). Any thoughts, tips, tricks or insights would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks in advance.

PASoft Issue: When trying to code the IKE module, I receive the following error—“No coding data received”.

Reading and coding works (as far as I can tell) with all modules … except IKE. Of course, that’s the last one that needs coding. I’ve tried copying to/from the LCM module but can’t find clear instructions anywhere so I backed off to prevent damage.

NCS Expert: When trying to connect to the ECU in NCS, I receive the following error—“IFH-0009: No Response from Controlunit”.

INPA is working without issue. Black dots for battery and ignition. The Com port is configured with the proper baud and latency and the Ebiadas file is set up. Still, no luck getting into NCS with Revtor’s or any other profile, no matter which one of the four ecu options that I select.

I had this happen on an E46 once. It worked fine until one day it just didn't. I read somewhere that the cluster was probably dying. Since getting my current E46, it hasn't been an issue. Software on my computer hasn't changed.

Comment

Why are you trying to read the dme in ncs expert?
      2003 E46 M3 TiAg/Cinnamon 6MT
      2005 E46 330i ZHP Imola/Sand

| Karbonius | Schrick | Supertech | Volk | Recaro | FCM | SuperSprint | Turner | Hyperco | GC | PFC | VAC | OMP | Radium Engineering | MPRacing |

Instagram:@thegenius46m

NorCal DME Programming and Coding Expert

Comment

what are you trying to code in PASoft specifically? you are using the black PASoft dongle/cable right? and you can see the IKE in the module tree and launch it and it reads and displays relevant data such as the VIN mileage etc right? what options specifically are you trying to code? if its VIN or miles you cant do that in PASoft. if its not VIN or miles, then what option specifically?

for NCS/INPA, what cable are you using? if its the same PASoft dongle/cable then that wont work either. you need a specific KCAN cable for everything else OTHER than PASoft.

whatever cable you get needs to have pins 7 and 8 bridged/combined. a cable i got about 6 years ago didn't have 7 and 8 bridged and I had to just open up the cable housing and solder 2 wires on 7 and 8 and then use that as my switch for 7 and 8 when they are twisted together.

if you do have the correct cable for NCS/INPA then what are you trying to do? what are the steps and where is it failing? does it read anything at all? the INPA screen can display ON for things (if drivers are installed and cable plugged in) but still not communicate due to incorrect cable/compost settings etc.

make sure cable is correct, has 7 and 8 pins bridged and that it is on COM PORT 1 and latency set to 1. (i haven't had any issues with mine set at default of latency 16 before but just putting that out there)

overall what are you trying to accomplish with coding specifically?

Comment

Thanks, guys. Apologies—I neglected to mention that I am using the PASoft branded black cable (purchased directly from them) and a proper KCAN cable for NCS/INPA. In fact, Hassan just used my KCAN cable to tune the car.

Here is what I am trying to accomplish in the IKE module … get ready for it … I want to stop the piezo buzzer from squawking when the key is in the ignition and the door is open.

There were a few other things that I wanted to do with NCS (oil register in the cluster; euro hazards; one touch, triple flash turn signal) but I am beginning to think I should just leave well enough alone . . .

Comment

Are you using ncsexper V4.x ?
            Thats not working, use V3.0x

Comment

Working...
            X