Need help changing VIN on DME

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help changing VIN on DME

I bought a spare DME, and I'm in the process of changing its VIN using the ecuworx instructions for Tool32.
    I was doing OK, until the part with the text string:

The software number, authority number and assembly numbers should be labeled on the outside case of the DME
    I can see the numbers on the case, but they aren't labeled. Can someone help me figure out which number is which, or at least how I can find out? I attached a pic for reference.

update: You can find this info in INPA (see Post #4) or Tool32. Two of the numbers did NOT match those on the case.

Click image for larger version  Name:	PXL_20230313_230225189.jpg Views:	50 Size:	73.2 KB ID:	209496

Thank you!
    Last edited by elbert; 03-15-2023, 09:46 AM.

Use the command aif_lesen in tool32 to report present HW/SW numbers. You'll need those then you input the command to change the vin.

Comment

Originally posted by paulclaude View Post
      Use the command aif_lesen in tool32 to report present HW/SW numbers. You'll need those then you input the command to change the vin.
      Awesome, thank you very much!

Comment

In case anyone from the future is reading this for guidance, a couple of follow up points to help clarify the instructions:

1. After pasting the string in the Arguments box on Step 9, you will need to double click on "seed_key" again to get the program to accept your new values. Then double click on "aif_schreiben" to confirm.
        The instructions currently make it sound like you immediately click on aif_schreiben after pasting.

2. You can also find the needed software number, authority number and assembly numbers on INPA, and it will be in English. Go to E46 > Engine > MSS54 > Coding
        This is the same as the final step of the instructions to confirm your new VIN is accepted (step 12).
        You can see them in Tool32 as paulclaude said. The output is in German, but you can figure out which-is-which by following the same pattern/sequence as the string. IMO the INPA output is much more obvious and minimizes mistakes.
        As a side note, the numbers on the case did not match the programmed values.​

Comment

Working...
        X