Testo Data Logging by Pheno

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Testo Data Logging by Pheno

Don't know if this is still desired by some, but here you go.

Dropbox is a free service that lets you bring your photos, docs, and videos anywhere and share them easily. Never email yourself a file again!

May I ask what this is and how to use it?

Comment

I used it to check my MAP sensor was working, but it looks like it will log all sorts of other stuff as well.

Now you’ve wired your MAP sensor as per my guide, it’s time to check it’s plumbed in properly and reading what it should. To check the reading we require a 3rd party tool called Testo. Testo is based the Ediabas API and provides realtime data. In order to use Testo you will need the following: A copy of Testo, available to download here Working INPA installation An OBD2 cable that is compatible with INPA Visual Studio C++ redistributable package, this is only required if you receive an error regarding ‘MSVCP100.dll’. Extract Testo to a folder and run the ‘Testo.exe’ executable.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20200503_150327.jpg
Views:	922
Size:	103.9 KB
ID:	21293
      2004 Silbergrau Metallic 6MT
      Karbonius/OEM Snorkel/Flap/HTE Tuned
      Ssv1/Catted Sec. 1/SS 2.5" Sec. 2/SCZA

OE CSL Bootlid/AS SSK/BC Coils/4.10 Gears/ Sportline 8S Wheels/Cobra Nogaros
      RACP Plates/Vincebar/CMP/Turner RTAB/Beisan

2006 M6 Black Saphire SMG
      Instagram

Comment

Hi,

I would like to know if someone has succeeded to use an Innovate MTX-L PLUS with Testo (serial communication). I think I have succeeded to take the communication with it because when I click on “Connect” (External Source), I read “MTXL NOT DEFINED real 0.0000”. So Testo recognizes that is an MTXL, but I don’t have values. It always stays at 0.0000.

Do you know if it is possible to define the MTXL and how to do it ?

Here my configuration in my “Testo.ini” :

[external_source]
        device=Innovate Serial
        baud=19200
        comport=COM5
        Last edited by MpowerE36; 07-03-2020, 12:57 PM.
        https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwN...zf45mXp6PDOCzA

Comment

I use testo with AEM UEGO. Maybe check that your serial COM Port settings (baudrate, stop bits etc) matching with the settings in the Innovate manual.
          …under construction.

Comment

Originally posted by S54B32 View Post
            I use testo with AEM UEGO. Maybe check that your serial COM Port settings (baudrate, stop bits etc) matching with the settings in the Innovate manual.
            Thank you for your help but the problem was that the Innovate MTXL PLUS was not defined in the "DeviceDefs.xml". Mika (the creator) has added this in my file :

<dev type="MTXL" description="MTX-L Plus Lambda Gauge">
            <channel defaultFunc="LAMBDA"/>
            </dev>
            Last edited by MpowerE36; 01-08-2021, 01:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by S54B32 View Post
              Could you please share some photos and links of the connectors you used to wire the AEM UEGO wideband input? I just got that wideband and not sure which connector are best for Testo input, ie. usb or serial.
              www.twinperformanceengineering.com

Comment

Originally posted by TPE View Post

Could you please share some photos and links of the connectors you used to wire the AEM UEGO wideband input? I just got that wideband and not sure which connector are best for Testo input, ie. usb or serial.
                I have no links sorry, everything you need is in the aem manual. Buy one AliExpress 1$ usb to serial adapter, solder the Wire from aem uego (look into the aem manual, can’t remember which color was the Tx wire) to a sub-D 9pin socket and plug it into the usb to serial adapter. Or you have a serial input in your laptop. I put the whole setup in a little box in the passenger footwell, because it’s only for logging purpose.
                …under construction.

Comment

Just setup a AEM UEGO wideband controller. I hooked up a serial to USB cable, and I'm able to see AFR on my laptop through Putty.

However I can't seem to get a reading on Testo. I selected external controllers, AEM AFR, selected the com port and band rate (9600). But no data is coming through. I'm on Windows 10

Any advice?

Comment

Originally posted by dl.m3 View Post
                    Just setup a AEM UEGO wideband controller. I hooked up a serial to USB cable, and I'm able to see AFR on my laptop through Putty.

However I can't seem to get a reading on Testo. I selected external controllers, AEM AFR, selected the com port and band rate (9600). But no data is coming through. I'm on Windows 10

Any advice?
                    Try each bauderate. I don't know why but my Innovate works at 19200
                    Last edited by MpowerE36; 07-30-2020, 09:57 PM.

Comment

Has anyone found a compatible wideband to feed into the can for data tracking via an aim or vbox system at the track?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      2018 Grigio Telesto F80 M3 DCT | :: Bone Stock ::
                      2004 Titanium Silver E46 M3 6 Speed | :: Track Car ::

Comment

Originally posted by MpowerE36 View Post

Try each bauderate. I don't know why but my Innovate works at 19200
                        Turned out my AEM controller died a day after I installed it. Went with Innovate LC2 and all is good at 19200 baud rate now.

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by dl.m3 View Post
                          Turned out my AEM controller died a day after I installed it. Went with Innovate LC2 and all is good at 19200 baud rate now.

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk
                          Good

Comment

Guys! Can someone help with AEM AFR connecting to testo- my old notebook died- now installing new and got the problem- now my testo logger doesnt want connect to AFR, already choosed different com port settings but nothing- on my friend laptop is all ok- connecting to mine- empty windows in afr. Checking with com port data utility- all is working( Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	493
Size:	621.4 KB
ID:	213443Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	498
Size:	508.6 KB
ID:	213442

Comment

Thank you for posting this.

Comment

Working...