S54 airbox +288/280 schrick on CSL software tune

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

S54 airbox +288/280 schrick on CSL software tune

I've decided to tune my swapped E30 S54 by myself, currently already tuned idle and low speed jerks, now I'm tuning maps for partial load on the road and have some issues. I'm using XDF from GitHub for 0401 software. Now I'm stucked on fuel tuning at low rpms- issue is next: lean AFR (15-17 on AEM wideband logs) between 1500-3500 on partial load. I'm adjusting Fuel injection duration load base (KF_TI_N_RF 18x12 map) and problem is that injection time is not rising as it in my map and on logs I see lean AFR. Seems like on this duty injectors are maxed out and injection time is miximized. So I'm going to rise injection end angle map (KF_TIENDE_N_RF 8x6 map). But now I have some doubts- can my stock injectors survive on WOT tests?) Another question is Alpha N map- KF_RF_N_AQ 18x12 map) - is CSL software using this map?

KF_RF_N_AQ_REL defines the air mass relativ is absolutely needed by CSL, because air mass meter ist gone by acoustic throttle

Comment

Originally posted by ppm008 View Post
      KF_RF_N_AQ_REL defines the air mass relativ is absolutely needed by CSL, because air mass meter ist gone by acoustic throttle
      Also I found info about VE table- like main constant table for CSL software- but not found how it named in CSL software. Any info about it address and location?

Comment

whats VE table ?

Comment

Originally posted by ppm008 View Post
          whats VE table ?

There is a post from SliM3 and map on screen: Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	685
Size:	865.4 KB
ID:	211864
          And now i want to figure out- is it custom map in his XDF or stock CSL SW map​

Comment

Originally posted by BMWfanz View Post
            I've decided to tune my swapped E30 S54 by myself, currently already tuned idle and low speed jerks, now I'm tuning maps for partial load on the road and have some issues. I'm using XDF from GitHub for 0401 software. Now I'm stucked on fuel tuning at low rpms- issue is next: lean AFR (15-17 on AEM wideband logs) between 1500-3500 on partial load. I'm adjusting Fuel injection duration load base (KF_TI_N_RF 18x12 map) and problem is that injection time is not rising as it in my map and on logs I see lean AFR. Seems like on this duty injectors are maxed out and injection time is miximized. So I'm going to rise injection end angle map (KF_TIENDE_N_RF 8x6 map). But now I have some doubts- can my stock injectors survive on WOT tests?) Another question is Alpha N map- KF_RF_N_AQ 18x12 map) - is CSL software using this map?
            You are changing in the wrong map. 0401 is VE controlled which is different map. Also called often the famous 3 „alphaN“ maps. Sometimes the public xdf‘s are incomplete or wrong scaling, but a great base for your own xdf.
            …under construction.

Comment

I’ve been interested in tuning my part throttle CSL maps as well. How are you disabling fuel trimming to stoichiometric while driving, and what AFR are you targeting when it’s disabled? Between 2-3k there seem to be a bunch of resonance modes that cause AFR to swing wildly. I’ve tuned it out of WOT by changing target trims and RPM in my WOT map but haven’t figured out how to start with the part throttle map.
              ‘02 332iT / 6 | ‘70 Jaguar XJ6 electric conversion

Comment

Originally posted by S54B32 View Post

You are changing in the wrong map. 0401 is VE controlled which is different map. Also called often the famous 3 „alphaN“ maps. Sometimes the public xdf‘s are incomplete or wrong scaling, but a great base for your own xdf.
                Ok, will try alpha n map and post the results

Comment

Originally posted by Bry5on View Post
                  I’ve been interested in tuning my part throttle CSL maps as well. How are you disabling fuel trimming to stoichiometric while driving, and what AFR are you targeting when it’s disabled? Between 2-3k there seem to be a bunch of resonance modes that cause AFR to swing wildly. I’ve tuned it out of WOT by changing target trims and RPM in my WOT map but haven’t figured out how to start with the part throttle map.
                  Fuel for partial loads I think is in KF_RF_N_AQ_REL​

Comment

Fuel for partial loads I think is in KF_RF_N_AQ_REL​
                    Thanks, I’m curious how you’re doing this tuning. At part throttle, the ECU appears to be programmed to return to 14.7:1 AFR from O2 sensor feedback. How are you disabling this to be able to tune partial loads? Both my maps from popular tuners directly use the CSL part throttle fueling, and after seeing what I needed to do to WOT to move the peaks and valleys around, I’d like to apply the same fix to the part throttle map. These resonances that cause lean/rich are easy to tune at WOT while it’s in open loop, but I haven’t found a way to force open loop in partial throttle.

Comment

Thanks, I’m curious how you’re doing this tuning. At part throttle, the ECU appears to be programmed to return to 14.7:1 AFR from O2 sensor feedback. How are you disabling this to be able to tune partial loads? Both my maps from popular tuners directly use the CSL part throttle fueling, and after seeing what I needed to do to WOT to move the peaks and valleys around, I’d like to apply the same fix to the part throttle map. These resonances that cause lean/rich are easy to tune at WOT while it’s in open loop, but I haven’t found a way to force open loop in partial throttle.
                      O2s corrections on flat throttle are always targeting 14.7 AFR, if you dont need it i think you can decrease maximum voltage of 02s or disable it if you think that your afr is good.

Comment

O2s corrections on flat throttle are always targeting 14.7 AFR, if you dont need it i think you can decrease maximum voltage of 02s or disable it if you think that your afr is good.
                        Right, so how are you tuning the part throttle map if the O2s are targeting 14.7 regardless of your map?

Comment

Right, so how are you tuning the part throttle map if the O2s are targeting 14.7 regardless of your map?
                          I'm only started my tune- but i don't see something special on one position throttle and 14.7 AFR- on load it should be like in maps, or your car hestitating on one position pedal on 14.7 afr?

Comment

I'm only started my tune- but i don't see something special on one position throttle and 14.7 AFR- on load it should be like in maps, or your car hestitating on one position pedal on 14.7 afr?
                            I use a wideband to log my drives. Once you tip in the throttle pedal, the DME will use the calculated value (+trims) to control fuel injection, but after a few seconds? It starts going closed loop with the O2 sensor.

If you check some of my logs, where pedal position is constant, you can see the drift here: https://datazap.me/u/bry5on/brysontu...g=0&data=4-5-6

Comment

Looks like my issue- but as I've sorted out it's all because of wrong map that I've changed- so no injection timing were increased so basically my car now is lean on partial load. Will try to fix it on weekends

Comment

Working...
                              X