Ignition angle: cams + airbox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ignition angle: cams + airbox

Guys, which ignition angle is affordable for s54? On range 5200-8k I'm using 29 to 32.4 angle for 98 RON petrol, wanna know if there is any chances to increase power

So much influences on s54 ignition angle, do you really rech your target timing 29°cr BTC @8000? I found it near never the case to come close to target, also cylinder individual. Had a thread some time ago about this.
    Often at some point you will not gain more power with more aggressiv ignition only gain risk. There was a conversion in the OG forum at the very beginning of the i would call it „community tuning“, where they stated most power in cams comes from vanos tuning.
    …under construction.

Comment

Originally posted by S54B32 View Post
      So much influences on s54 ignition angle, do you really rech your target timing 29°cr BTC @8000? I found it near never the case to come close to target, also cylinder individual.
      A good combustion chamber design should not need too much advanced angle to burn completely; any advanced angle added would cost horse power if everything else is the same.

Comment

Originally posted by S54B32 View Post
        So much influences on s54 ignition angle, do you really rech your target timing 29°cr BTC @8000? I found it near never the case to come close to target, also cylinder individual. Had a thread some time ago about this.
        Often at some point you will not gain more power with more aggressiv ignition only gain risk. There was a conversion in the OG forum at the very beginning of the i would call it „community tuning“, where they stated most power in cams comes from vanos tuning.
        As i see in logger on 6th cylinder- yeah, as targeted in map

Comment

Working...
        X