Questions about my ISTA-D 4.39.20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Questions about my ISTA-D 4.39.20

I downloaded Pre-activated version of ISTA-D 4.39.20, SDP (full psdz), and BLP. from here:
    Pre-activated version of ISTA-D 4.39.20 Standalone torrent Skip downloading the SDP (full psdz) since there is a newer version of this anyway. Only download and install BLP and required language files

I have not unpacked or loaded the download yet on my HP Win 10 Envy M4.

I have had issues with my English language IPNA of still having faults in German language.

Questions:
    !) Is there any reason now to keep IPNA, Wink etc?
    2) can I get by with my K+ DCAN cable? I will ONLY be working on my 2005 E46 M3 cabrio with SMG2
    I have two cables, one from Bcables.com and this one from Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B017IG81SQ...W4V0CZ4NQKAB8M
    3) DO I HAVE to buy an ICOM Extra A+B+C BMW ICOM A3 New Generation OF ICOM A2 With V2023.06 Engineers Software
    interface? Like HERE: https://www.obd2.ltd/goods-12-BMW-IC...hoCROQQAvD_BwE
    I assume that's from China. Pricey even for China at $353 with shipping
    4) Or this BMW OEM pricey version from Turner???? $357
    5) Or a cheaper earlier version like ICOM A?
    6) Or download an ICOM EMULATOR?

Not a lot of guys using ISTA D here?

Comment

(I think sometimes these sub-forums don’t get much attention)

I’m in the process of obtaining and installing the typical software apps we use for diagnostics and some basic settings (BMW Standard Tools, BMW Scanner 1.4, INPA, ISTA+). I have the K+DCAN cable. I also have the Schwaben scanner that I bought years ago to be able to read codes, replace sensors, and clear codes.

so, I can’t help answer your question directly. I do know that I need ICOM cable to test my VANOS. That’s my next challenge.

So far, the Schwaben scanner has been the most valuable tool. The only other tool that’s come in handy is BMW Scanner 1.4., and all I used that for was to code out the passenger airbag sensor.

Comment

Originally posted by OldRanger View Post
        I do know that I need ICOM cable to test my VANOS. That’s my next challenge.
        You're in luck: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/s...test-with-inpa

Comment

Originally posted by OldRanger View Post
          (I think sometimes these sub-forums don’t get much attention)

I’m in the process of obtaining and installing the typical software apps we use for diagnostics and some basic settings (BMW Standard Tools, BMW Scanner 1.4, INPA, ISTA+). I have the K+DCAN cable. I also have the Schwaben scanner that I bought years ago to be able to read codes, replace sensors, and clear codes.

so, I can’t help answer your question directly. I do know that I need ICOM cable to test my VANOS. That’s my next challenge.

So far, the Schwaben scanner has been the most valuable tool. The only other tool that’s come in handy is BMW Scanner 1.4., and all I used that for was to code out the passenger airbag sensor.
          Why not use DIS in a VM with an OBD cable to do the Vanos test?

Comment

You can install a voltage emulator and see if that makes ISTA work. It did for me on my F900R motorcycle to be able to resent service schedule.

for the z4M ISTA worked even without it, but for the bike it would not let me do anything.

Comment

Working...
            X