DME - need a second one with the same exact everything

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DME - need a second one with the same exact everything

I need a second MSS54 DME so I can run a detune for NASA. I have bunch of DTCs suppressed so I'd like to copy what's on my current DME so I can have Epic do a detune.

Couple of dumb questions...

First, how do I copy my original DME to a second one?

Will odometer mileage be an issue?

Right click, copy, paste Click image for larger version

Name:	1shifty.gif
Views:	155
Size:	301 Bytes
ID:	251661

Epic should be able to redo all the DTC stuff; otherwise, you can make the changes via Martyn's tool or TunerPro.

Comment

Why not just have Randy do the tunes and send them all to you. Then you can flash your DME at will. I used to swap out a second DME when switching between ST4 and ST3 but then just started doing the flash instead. As long as you use the flash counter reset every so often you're good to go. Although, I'm not going to lie, I do like knowing I have a backup DME to use if I brick the one in the car doing a flash.

Comment

Originally posted by HaB racing View Post
        Why not just have Randy do the tunes and send them all to you. Then you can flash your DME at will. I used to swap out a second DME when switching between ST4 and ST3 but then just started doing the flash instead. As long as you use the flash counter reset every so often you're good to go. Although, I'm not going to lie, I do like knowing I have a backup DME to use if I brick the one in the car doing a flash.
        I might just do that but I have another DME already. Figure two DMEs would be better and avoid worrying about bricking one.

Comment

You can flash the new DME with WinKFP to the same software version that's on your modified DME. Then read out the tune from the modified DME and write that same tune to the new DME. Should result in two identical DMEs

Mileage isn't stored in the DME so no need to worry about that.
          2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

Randy's tune is going to be locked, so you probably aren't going to be able to copy it.

Why not just have Randy do everything to the second DME when he does the detune? He's going to write over any changes you make anyways.

Put it in the E-box where the SMG module goes and swapping back and forth shouldn't be an issue.
            '00 R11S, '09 HP2S, '12 R12GSA, '00 Gray 332iT (SOLD), '00 Black 323iT, '02 Alpine 325iT (Track Wagon), '02 Japan Rot 325iT
            Instagram @HillPerformanceBimmers
            Email to George@HillPerformance.com

Comment

Use a BDM to do a 1:1 copy from 1 DME to the other.

Comment

Originally posted by George Hill View Post
                Randy's tune is going to be locked, so you probably aren't going to be able to copy it.

Why not just have Randy do everything to the second DME when he does the detune? He's going to write over any changes you make anyways.

Put it in the E-box where the SMG module goes and swapping back and forth shouldn't be an issue.
                I don’t have an Epic tune yet. My main issue is I’ve manually suppressed a lot of unnecessary DTCs so I know when there is a new fault code. Not a huge deal though. I think I might just use a single DME.

I definitely don’t want to be carrying around two in the car…that adds weight! 🤣

Comment

Originally posted by bigjae46 View Post
                  My main issue is I’ve manually suppressed a lot of unnecessary DTCs so I know when there is a new fault code.
                  He 100% can and should turn off your codes as part of the service.
                  '00 R11S, '09 HP2S, '12 R12GSA, '00 Gray 332iT (SOLD), '00 Black 323iT, '02 Alpine 325iT (Track Wagon), '02 Japan Rot 325iT
                  Instagram @HillPerformanceBimmers
                  Email to George@HillPerformance.com

Comment

Working...
                  X