WinKFP help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WinKFP help

I have never used WinKFP and am trying to program my E63 M6 with a Euro SMG tune and having a few issues.

It is basically the same thing one would do for an E46 M3 SMG2 Euro tune. Anyways, the issues.

I tells me to import "PABD" and "P-SGBD" files and then import assembly line data, do a few things and then flash.

One issue I have is whenever I choose the requisite files for either "PABD" or "P-SGBD" I get a message saying "file already exists! Overwrite file?"

If I choose overwrite file I get an "error 11 file could not be copied"

The other issue is if I proceed I get this:

I am supposed to have "10flash" under P-SGBD and it says "08flash", another laptop I used says "07flash"

I am not confident in proceeding for fear of bricking my SMG module.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    Click image for larger version  Name:	20240214_221746.jpg Views:	0 Size:	97.3 KB ID:	253560

Here is a quick synopsis of the instructions/files:
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20240214_224803_Chrome.jpg Views:	0 Size:	85.6 KB ID:	253561

I am following these directions:
    https://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/s...moother-shifts!
    Last edited by Cubieman; 02-15-2024, 04:46 AM.
    2004 Silbergrau Metallic 6MT
    Karbonius/OEM Snorkel/Flap/HTE Tuned
    Ssv1/Catted Sec. 1/SS 2.5" Sec. 2/SCZA

OE CSL Bootlid/AS SSK/BC Coils/4.10 Gears/ Sportline 8S Wheels/Cobra Nogaros
    RACP Plates/Vincebar/CMP/Turner RTAB/Beisan

2006 M6 Black Saphire SMG
    Instagram

Side question.. but where can people find Winkfp? Its no longer hosted on the protools website.

thanks,

Comment

*.prg have to be at C:\EDIABAS\ECU
      *.ipo (winkfpt ipo, not INPA ipo) habe to be at C:\ {EC-APPS\} NFS\SGDAT

if you are flashing in expert mode, *.0pa and *.0da have to be at C:\...\NFS\DATA\DEVELOP
      in comfort mode all you need is in C:\ {EC-APPS\} NFS\DATA\ (ECU short name)

if You don't know what You are doing, keep away from Winkfpt

You want still flash use expert mode, but You have choose pabd and p-sgbd like you see above, selct ECU adress = 18 , select desired xxx.0pa and xxx.0da

I still recommend keep away
      Last edited by ppm008; 05-19-2024, 02:17 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ppm008 View Post
        *.prg have to be at C:\EDIABAS\ECU
        *.ipo (winkfpt ipo, not INPA ipo) habe to be at C:\ {EC-APPS\} NFS\SGDAT

if you are flashing in expert mode, *.0pa and *.0da have to be at C:\...\NFS\DATA\DEVELOP
        in comfort mode all you need is in C:\ {EC-APPS\} NFS\DATA\ (ECU short name)

if You don't know what You are doing, keep away from Winkfpt

You want still flash use expert mode, but You have choose pabd and p-sgbd like you see above, selct ECU adress = 18 , select desired xxx.0pa and xxx.0da

I still recommend keep away
        I’m just trying to flash the ECU 255 update

Comment

ECU 255 ??

Comment

ECU 255 ??
            Yeah.

In order to get the best from your CSL rev matching it’s advisable to upgrade the software on your SMG ECU/DME to CSL spec or’255′ software as it’s often referred. This is a fairly simple task but requires the following to be in place for a successful flash: – A battery tender or intelligent charger that is capable of working in ‘supply’ to provide 14V @ 10A. I recommend the CTEK MXS10. – A working installation of WinKFP (5.1.6 or newer) and the E46 Daten Files – A diagnostic cable that works with INPA/WinKFP, if you don’t have one, grab

Comment

These refers to E46 CSL SMG, not to E6x SMG.
              There are different SMG ECUs, as you can see at PABD: 02GDSMG2,ipo ans 07GDSMG3.ipo

Flash procedure is same, but:
              Shift timing is not in SMG ECU, but in MSS65.

So don't waste your time

Comment

These refers to E46 CSL SMG, not to E6x SMG.
                There are different SMG ECUs, as you can see at PABD: 02GDSMG2,ipo ans 07GDSMG3.ipo

Flash procedure is same, but:
                Shift timing is not in SMG ECU, but in MSS65.

So don't waste your time
                I do have an e46 smg. Isn’t this a e46 thread?

Comment

Originally posted by Sylverlee View Post

I do have an e46 smg. Isn’t this a e46 thread?
                  I asked about winkfp in regards to my E63 M6 (MSS65), FWIW I successfully did the euro SMG tune on it.

Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by Cubieman View Post

I asked about winkfp in regards to my E63 M6 (MSS65), FWIW I successfully did the euro SMG tune on it.
                    Oh nice. Any clue where I can get winkfp? I think I found the datan files for $20

Comment

Originally posted by Sylverlee View Post

Oh nice. Any clue where I can get winkfp? I think I found the datan files for $20
                      Download standard tools here, if the link is still good.
                      Find K+DCAN & Enet Cables and the Bmw Software you need all in one place.

The stuff is out there, just Google "standard tools download" and search around, worst case can buy a preloaded laptop on ebay, search "ISTA BMW Laptop". That will have ISTA and standard tools, like INPA, NCS, WinKFP etc.

Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by Cubieman View Post

Download standard tools here, if the link is still good.
                        Find K+DCAN & Enet Cables and the Bmw Software you need all in one place.

The stuff is out there, just Google "standard tools download" and search around, worst case can buy a preloaded laptop on ebay, search "ISTA BMW Laptop". That will have ISTA and standard tools, like INPA, NCS, WinKFP etc.
                        Yeah Bimmergeeks took down the link.

Comment

Working...
                        X