Idle Air Control Valve Position Table

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Idle Air Control Valve Position Table

Anyone know if such a table (IAC position vs Pedal) exists in the MSS54/MSS54HP? If so, anyone know what it's called?

Cheers!

There doesn't seem to be an IAC position vs pedal table. Instead it seems that if the airmass target is less than what the ICV can provide (as defined by KL_LFR_SOLL_MAX_LLS and KL_LFR_SOLL_MAX_LLS_KH during cat warmup), it'll use the ICV. Presumably if you zero out the y axis, it'll use the throttle bodies for any target air mass.

I don't know what the effects of zeroing out that table would have on idle control.

Comment

Cheers Mirza, I have an AEM Infinity on my M3 and like the stock DME it uses the IACV for the low throttle inputs, however the throttle is super twitchy in areas it's using the IACV, I was hoping to mirror the values the MSS54 used

Click image for larger version

Name:	aem_iacv.PNG
Views:	1101
Size:	15.0 KB
ID:	27375

I guess I'll just play around with the current values and try and soften it up a little.

Comment

I've just loaded the CSL XDF and bin and found this one, which looks interesting:

Click image for larger version

Name:	iacv.PNG
Views:	1073
Size:	28.1 KB
ID:	27391

Comment

That's just the duty cycle needed to achieve a target air mass (y-axis) for a given RPM.

Comment

The idle control valve operates during the first 10% of accelerator travel, then the throttle plates open. DME doesn't reference actual throttle plate/IAC position per-se, but rather the relative area of the opening, as a result of throttle plate or IAC actuation. The closest thing you'll get are the maps that convert throttle blade/IAC % to actual relative opening (sq/mm).

KL_AQ_ABS_LLS & KL_AQ_ABS_WDK

Click image for larger version  Name:	49942280047_a36749714d_c.jpg Views:	0 Size:	60.9 KB ID:	28849
            Last edited by SliM3; 05-27-2020, 07:29 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X