CSL Emissions DME Update?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CSL Emissions DME Update?

Just wondering if the CSL received the emissions update for the DME. Scanned my DME for faults just to make everything was fine and fault 178 came up. Had never seen this fault before switching to CSL software. I'll keep an eye out to see if it returns, but was wondering if this was a false fault and is actually caused by the CSL software running on my car.
    2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Found the full service bulletin:

SI B12 22 08

Engine Electrical Systems August 2009

Technical Service

This Service Information bulletin supersedes S.I. B12 22 08 dated April 2009.PERFORM THE PROCEDURE OUTLINED IN THIS SERVICE INFORMATION ON ALL AFFECTED VEHICLES THE NEXT TIME THEY ARE IN THE SHOP FOR MAINTENANCE OR REPAIRS. designates changes to this revision SUBJECT

Voluntary Emissions Recall 08E-A03: M3 S54 - DME Reprogramming for Catalyst Conversion DiagnosisMODEL

E46 (M3) Coupe and Convertible with S54 produced from 05/01 to 09/06SITUATION

The DME programming, as originally installed, may cause the OBD diagnostic to erroneously evaluate the efficiency of the catalytic converters. Consequently, the "Service Engine Soon" lamp may be illuminated with fault codes 178 ("Catalyst conversion bank 1") and/or 179 ("Catalysts conversion bank 2") stored in the DME control module.This diagnostic software error would not cause any driveability problems.In order to remedy this situation, BMW is conducting a Voluntary Emissions Recall Campaign to reprogram the DME control module (and SMG control module on SMG 2 equipped cars) on all affected vehicles. In addition, for MY 2002 and MY 2003 vehicles up to April 2003 production, the emissions warranty for the catalytic converters of the affected vehicles is extended to 10 years / unlimited miles. A copy of the customer letters are attached.AFFECTED VEHICLES

This Recall Campaign involves MY 2002-2006 M3 Coupe and Convertible vehicles with S54 engines, which were produced from 05/11/2001 up to 08/24/2006.In order to determine whether a specific vehicle is affected by this Service Action, it will be necessary to utilize the "Service Menu" of DCSnet (Dealer Communication System) or the Key Reader. Based on the response of the system, either proceed with the corrective action or take no further action.The chassis number ranges listed below are only for informational purposes, and are not to be considered the only deciding factor.Model

Chassis Number Range

M3 Coupe

JR11938 – JR24998

PN55006 – PN66244

M3 Convertible

EX21578 – EX24996

PK00008 – PK12603

CORRECTION

On all affected vehicles, reprogram the DME control module using ISTA/P 2.33.1 or higher.In addition, the SMG control module has to be reprogrammed on all SMG2 transmission equipped vehicles.
    ​​​​
    I'm assuming this means the CSLs got it too. Any way to know if I have the updated software?
    2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

Comment

CSLs never got the emissions update since they were never sold in the US.

Comment

Ah wasn't aware this was a US only thing. Thanks terra!

Comment

Originally posted by terra View Post
          CSLs never got the emissions update since they were never sold in the US.
          Hey Terra,

I have this error on my CSL conversion (with OEM CSL flap). I have the H-bridge ecu and my SMG module has been updated to "255". What else do I need to do, to remedy this?

Kareem

Comment

Working...
          X