Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SW updates for MSS54 and MSS54HP

HI guys/gals.

I recall seeing this information on M3F trying to return an MSS54 to stock with winkfp since i don't have the stock bin file (SW 211322002101-J429)

anyone have the most up to date SW variants for
    MSS54:
    EURO
    ​​​​​​USA
    (coupe/vert?)

MSS54HP
    EURO
    ​​​​​​USA
    (coupe/vert?)

MSS54 and MSS54HP XDFs . Contribute to saildot4k/MSS54-XDFs development by creating an account on GitHub.

Pretty sure all the binaries (full and partial) are there.
    2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

Just do a ZUSB update in WinKFP.

Comment

Originally posted by heinzboehmer View Post
        https://github.com/saildot4k/MSS54-XDFs

Pretty sure all the binaries (full and partial) are there.
        To go from HP to a CSL clone, is it really as easy as just flashing on the bin? I've read that there's post flash tune updates required, assuming you don't have the CSL cams installed.
        2018 Grigio Telesto F80 M3 DCT | :: Bone Stock ::
        2004 Titanium Silver E46 M3 6 Speed | :: Track Car ::

Comment

Originally posted by sc_tr0jan_m3 View Post

To go from HP to a CSL clone, is it really as easy as just flashing on the bin? I've read that there's post flash tune updates required, assuming you don't have the CSL cams installed.
          Yup you do have to change some things if you don't have CSL cams, but flashing the terra/paffy binary will make your DME behave like a CSL DME. Note that it is not a true clone, as the boot sector is still HP. To achieve a full clone, you need to flash the full CSL binary (which includes the CSL boot sector) via BDM or directly onto the EEPROMs with a chip programmer.
          2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

MSS54HP Euro 6spd is
            MSS54HP 7837805 7837780 211323002001J424
            I recently loaded and works well.
            '06 IB/BLK 6SPD PN66072

Comment

Originally posted by Martyn View Post
              Just do a ZUSB update in WinKFP.
              I thought about going this route, but since the ECU its not the one that came with the car.

would i used the VIN that is on the ecu, pull the file after flashing and delete EWS or is there another option.

Comment

You don't need to worry about the VIN, WinKFP looks at the software that's on the DME before flashing the appropriate upgrade. Once you've done that you can pull the bin, delete EWS and away you go.

Comment

Originally posted by Martyn View Post
                  You don't need to worry about the VIN, WinKFP looks at the software that's on the DME before flashing the appropriate upgrade. Once you've done that you can pull the bin, delete EWS and away you go.
                  thank you Martyn this worked perfectly

Comment

Working...
                  X