Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Getting ISTA+ to work

Hi guys,
    I'm trying to use ISTA+ to read fault codes in my E46 M3, however when I click on start identification I get an error message saying "The vehicle could not be identified. Please check the access to the vehicle and check whether the testing-analysis-diagnosis has been activated "
    I'm using a K+DCAN cable bought on amazon that works fine on my E90. I've checked the COM port settings and also selected the ediabas setting under "vci config" in ISTA+.
    When I open INPA, it does recognize the cable and I'm able to read the error memory however it's in German and not really helpful.
    Does anyone have any tips on why I can't connect to ISTA+? My cable does not have the switch like some of the other ones I've seen have.

Originally posted by speedster View Post
    Hi guys,
    I'm trying to use ISTA+ to read fault codes in my E46 M3, however when I click on start identification I get an error message saying "The vehicle could not be identified. Please check the access to the vehicle and check whether the testing-analysis-diagnosis has been activated "
    I'm using a K+DCAN cable bought on amazon that works fine on my E90. I've checked the COM port settings and also selected the ediabas setting under "vci config" in ISTA+.
    When I open INPA, it does recognize the cable and I'm able to read the error memory however it's in German and not really helpful.
    Does anyone have any tips on why I can't connect to ISTA+? My cable does not have the switch like some of the other ones I've seen have.
    Check if pins 7 and 8 are shorted. If not, if there is a switch on your cable then flip it, otherwise you'll have to solder a switch in there to work with your e90 and e46.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Check to make sure you have a compatible cable. Make sure your latency is set to 1 ms and set to COM1. And next on ISTA+ under settings change connection from enet to icom

Comment

Originally posted by eacmen View Post

Check if pins 7 and 8 are shorted. If not, if there is a switch on your cable then flip it, otherwise you'll have to solder a switch in there to work with your e90 and e46.

Thanks for the reply. I'll check that when I get home today. However it is able to connect and read via INPA. So I figured the cable is ok for use with ISTA. Is it possible to not work with ista but work with inpa?
        My cable does not have the switch.

Comment

Originally posted by Dash1 View Post
          Check to make sure you have a compatible cable. Make sure your latency is set to 1 ms and set to COM1. And next on ISTA+ under settings change connection from enet to icom
          Latency is set and com1 is also set. Are you sure we need to set it to icom in ISTA and not Ediabas settings?

Comment

Thanks for the reply. I'll check that when I get home today. However it is able to connect and read via INPA. So I figured the cable is ok for use with ISTA. Is it possible to not work with ista but work with inpa?
            My cable does not have the switch.
            With those pins not shorted some INPA functions will still work. This took me a while to figure out myself.

Comment

Latency is set and com1 is also set. Are you sure we need to set it to icom in ISTA and not Ediabas settings?
              Hmm, oh yeah I recall what you're talking about. Sorry for misleading you. These are my settings below:

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Dash1 View Post

Hmm, oh yeah I recall what you're talking about. Sorry for misleading you. These are my settings below:
                You need to open up your directory and find C:[Your_Program_Directory]\EDIABAS\BIN\EDIABAS and set the configuration as shown in the picture. And then open C:[Your_Program_Directory]\EDIABAS\BIN\OBD and change the port to COM1 and Hardware to OBD (as shown in the picture as well). Hope this helps.

Comment

Does anyone else receive a error message just prior to displaying faults saying that there is not enough resources (memory) on the machine being used? I've always had this and its never affected functionality. You just click through it and all is OK.
                  '05 M3 Convertible 6MT, CB/Cinnamon, CSL Airbox&Flap, PCSTuning, Beisan, Schrick 288/280, SS V1's & 2.5" System, RE Stg 1&SMF, KW V2, CB PS, Apex EC-7R

Comment

Working...
                  X