Olza’s SMG definition and development - continuation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Olza’s SMG definition and development - continuation

So I tracked down Olza and have asked him to rejoin this forum.

He has moved on from the E46 platform so is no longer involved with it.

In order to ensure his knowledge isn’t lost I purchased his SMG disassembly files and software from him with the goal of further developing it with my friend here in New Zealand with the intention of eventually releasing it for the community as an open source software and definition originated from Olza but little easier to use.

The eventual intention is to develop it in such a way that allows smg to use aftermarket clutch systems and flywheels and also for changes to final drive ratios and mode memories ect which is all within the definition file created by Olza (it is very comprehensive and he deserves all the credit for disassembly and figuring it out).

I will update this thread in due course and of course if you can contribute it would be wonderful!

If I can convince my friend we are also going to bring out an open source tool and software for ease of changing things for the MSS54CSL plateform that is much more accurate and free to use for all.

Hopefully we’ll hear from Olza also from time to time as his contributions like many others before him was what made this community awesome in the first place.

okay, we have IDA disassembly and can rewrite own tune (no tested yet, lol). what do we want to try?

Comment

Out of curiosity, what would it take to make the SMG gear position indicator work on a manual car?

Comment

Very cool, Thanks guys! 😎
        TTFS Engine/SMG Tune - CSL 255 - SGT Headers/Sect 1/SCZA
        Brembo 996 - ARC-8's - BWS 500S 9k/11k - Valentine 1 - BlueBus - Orion V4's
        Evolve Eventuri
        - VIS XTS CF Hood - CF Lip/Console/Diffuser/CSL Trunk

Comment

subscribed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Looking forward to this. Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by olza View Post
              okay, we have IDA disassembly and can rewrite own tune (no tested yet, lol). what do we want to try?
              - LC / Launch Control -> something to adjust?
              - Error code disable -> for race cars we sometimes miss the acceleration sensors / hood switches. Would be nice if we don't need to "fool" them anymore and code them out.
              - Maybe automatic upshift rpm point in manual mode. Correct me if I am wrong if it already does.
              - Automatic upshift point depended on gear change speed button and thus gear change speed always fast.
              - Change up and down speed points
              - Change gear change speed
              - Change torque reduction during gear change

not ECU code specific
              - Easy tool to bleed the hydraulic system and teach the gears. I believe old INPA version has a SMG bleed & teach procedure. I need to test if this works in newer INPA. Currently we need to do this by ISTA and personally I find this more time consuming. Would be nice add-on to the flash tool if developed.

Comment

I have a JB LTW flywheel with Martyn's CSL software and a LUK stock clutch. The only variable I wanted to change was the flywheel because I wasn't sure if the software could even manage it. It does but I had to relearn how to drive the car. There are parameters that just don't fall in the right spots. It's obvious while driving. Downshifting to anything above 4000 rpm when not braking leaves the car searching for the shift point. Hard driving is still efficient and it just shifts a little harder. I'd love to find a solution for this or see what the current parameters are to possibly modify them slightly. It'd be nice for SMG owners to have a plug and play tune for lightweight flywheels rather than sacrificing some drivability that can possibly be corrected. I'd be happy to participate in some R&D if you want to add this as an option.
                This is my Unbuild Journal and why we need an oil thread
                https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...nbuild-journal

"Do it right once or do it twice"

Comment

Finally some progress

255 CSL SMG software without defaulting to auto mode on start up working.

Comment

Originally posted by NZ_M3 View Post
                    Finally some progress

https://youtu.be/5VWP4Ux7T-g
                    That’s excellent

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Finally some progress

https://youtu.be/5VWP4Ux7T-g
                      Love this! Never even realized this before, maybe from habit. More info please!

Comment

The eventual intention is to develop it in such a way that allows smg to use aftermarket clutch systems and flywheels and also for changes to final drive ratios and mode memories ect which is all within the definition file created by Olza (it is very comprehensive and he deserves all the credit for disassembly and figuring it out).
                        Wait, if you change the final drive the CSL computer box isn't happy?

Comment

Originally posted by S14 View Post

Wait, if you change the final drive the CSL computer box isn't happy?
                          Correct. You need to update your DME to reflect the change.
                          3.91 | CMP Subframe & RTAB Bushings | SMG (Relocated & Rebuilt) | ESS Gen 3 Supercharger | Redish | Beisan | GC Coilovers & ARCAs | Imola Interior | RE Rasp | RE Diablo | Storm Motorwerks Paddles | Will ZCPM3 Shift Knob | Apex ARC-8 19x9, 19x9.5 | Sony XAV-AX5000 | BAVSOUND | CSL & 255 SMG Upgrades | Tiag | Vert w/Hardtop

Comment

Originally posted by oceansize View Post

Correct. You need to update your DME to reflect the change.
                            No you need to update the smg control unit also. That is more important than the dme side which is predominantly related to tractions control and speed calculation.

without the smg side it does not function correctly
                            Last edited by NZ_M3; 10-14-2020, 05:43 PM.

Comment

Video of me applying this to the CSL

As you can see initially it goes into auto mode on start up, post flash it no longer does that.

Comment

Working...
                              X