6MT Strobe Shift Lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

6MT Strobe Shift Lights

Can't seem to find out how to code the strobe shift lights, thanks for any help.
    2004 Silbergrau Metallic 6MT
    Karbonius/OEM Snorkel/Flap/HTE Tuned
    Ssv1/Catted Sec. 1/SS 2.5" Sec. 2/SCZA

OE CSL Bootlid/AS SSK/BC Coils/4.10 Gears/ Sportline 8S Wheels/Cobra Nogaros
    RACP Plates/Vincebar/CMP/Turner RTAB/Beisan

2006 M6 Black Saphire SMG
    Instagram

Originally posted by Cubieman View Post
    Can't seem to find out how to code the strobe shift lights, thanks for any help.
    I don't think it's been shared yet, obioban has it on his car but that's it I think.

Comment

That would be great if it was shared but I get it if not, that function would be legitimately useful.

Instagram

Comment

I had my 6mt shift lights working with Martyn ECUworx software, super easy to use. I recently swapped an updated LCM for an LED tail light fix, coded it to my mileage and VIN, but now the shift lights have stopped working. Everything else I coded with ECUworx is still good but the shift lights aren't functioning. I have to mess with it more. Super petty but they are really cool to have go off at 8k rpm.

Comment

I did it with Martyn's tool but its also easy enough to do with a hex editor. You can reference the Comprehensive MSS54/MSS54HP DME Info thread to determine the location of this string on your DME
          2002 TiAg M3 Coupe (SMG to 6spd), 2003 Jet Black M5

https://www.instagram.com/individual_throttle_buddies/

Comment

Originally posted by macaroni86 View Post
            I had my 6mt shift lights working with Martyn ECUworx software, super easy to use. I recently swapped an updated LCM for an LED tail light fix, coded it to my mileage and VIN, but now the shift lights have stopped working. Everything else I coded with ECUworx is still good but the shift lights aren't functioning. I have to mess with it more. Super petty but they are really cool to have go off at 8k rpm.
            I have the shift lights set but I was looking for information in regards to get them to flash or strobe whereas the "standard" shift lights (as cool as they are) only appear solid, at least on mine.

Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by lemoose View Post
              I did it with Martyn's tool but its also easy enough to do with a hex editor. You can reference the Comprehensive MSS54/MSS54HP DME Info thread to determine the location of this string on your DME
              there is another MOD that can be done to the DME side further that makes the shift lights strobe more than the stock version of the lights.

Obioban is the only one that has them currently and he has a youtube video showing them off here. it really is a nice mod over the stock version of the shift lights.

video, sharing, camera phone, video phone, free, upload

Comment

I have this from Terra and I’ve isolated the code from
                the file he provided but because it’s his creation I’ll leave it up to him to share.

I actually didn’t really find the function that useful to be honest and was actually a little distracting for me.

video, sharing, camera phone, video phone, free, upload
                Last edited by NZ_M3; 05-17-2021, 06:06 PM.

Comment

I wish I knew where to start. But I get it if only a few people have it and don't want to let it out.

Instagram

Comment

I don't understand why this would be a big secret though personally I don't give a shit about trinkets like shift lights. Seems like it's more to wow passengers.

A real shift light you should b able to see because it's nice and bright in front of your face like an autometer, now that was a shift light.
                    2003.5 MT JB/B - CSL SCHRICK SUPERSPRINT EISENMANN JRZ SWIFT MILLWAY APR ENDLESS BBS/SSR DREXLER KMP SACHS RECARO AR SLON MKRS GSP DMG KARBONIUS CP AUTOSOLUTIONS KOYO

Comment

Originally posted by Cubieman View Post
                      I wish I knew where to start.
                      Super straight forward, really. Just have to figure out a way to disassemble the binary that's on your DME, familiarize yourself with the code and write a subroutine(s) in assembly that does what you want.

I kid . I would say that developing a mod like this requires a couple orders of magnitude more skill than your regular "flip a bit to enable sport mode memory" type mod. That being said, once it's been developed, applying it is as simple as copying the necessary bits of the binary over to yours. Could be easily done manually and writing some sort of script to do it automatically would be pretty simple too.

I totally understand why terra hasn't released this. It's just not a simple thing to develop and test and all that.
                      2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

Originally posted by jet_dogg View Post
                        I don't understand why this would be a big secret though personally I don't give a shit about trinkets like shift lights. Seems like it's more to wow passengers.

A real shift light you should b able to see because it's nice and bright in front of your face like an autometer, now that was a shift light.
                        Yeah, I hear you but this I think would be of benefit to me from time to time as the solid shift lights have been. Every once in a while I'll run it hard and just having that blinking as opposed to solid lights in my peripheral might be nice.
                        Also, I'll admit I do like to find reasons to use NCS and have run out of things code as of yet so it would be nice to run NCS again as I've forgotten some of the basics.

Instagram

Comment

I gotcha.

I love listening to the sound of the engine and keeping my eyes on the road though I have admittedly bounced off the limit a few times. I learned to drive stick at 15 on an old nissan truck with an impossible manual that had no tach so I'm used to just listening to the engine.

If I want to impress passengers I'll shift without using the clutch yet they still accuse me of pressing it 😊
                          2003.5 MT JB/B - CSL SCHRICK SUPERSPRINT EISENMANN JRZ SWIFT MILLWAY APR ENDLESS BBS/SSR DREXLER KMP SACHS RECARO AR SLON MKRS GSP DMG KARBONIUS CP AUTOSOLUTIONS KOYO

Comment

So just to be clear, it’s not exactly a big secret, something I was planning on profiting from, etc. It’s just that I’m not 100% sure if the code I wrote is the best way of going about things, and I don’t want a situation where I have multiple versions out there with potential bugs that I haven’t identified.

I also haven’t built it for multiple program versions, and it would take some time to do that (not simple copy and paste)

Comment

Originally posted by terra View Post
                              So just to be clear, it’s not exactly a big secret, something I was planning on profiting from, etc. It’s just that I’m not 100% sure if the code I wrote is the best way of going about things, and I don’t want a situation where I have multiple versions out there with potential bugs that I haven’t identified.

I also haven’t built it for multiple program versions, and it would take some time to do that (not simple copy and paste)
                              It seems that most are using the 0401 CSL software when installing a CSL airbox. If it would make it easier, maybe it could be developed just for that version.

Comment

Working...
                              X