No announcement yet.

The pMak26 ApexObsessed Driveway Track Car Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heat cracks? Or cracks to the edges? And Megan headers?

C'mon man...where are the details?...haha

Comment

Originally posted by bigjae46 View Post
      Heat cracks? Or cracks to the edges? And Megan headers?

C'mon man...where are the details?...haha
      lol normal cracks from hard, hard use. They were beyond done, past the minimum thickness point too. It was time to change them.

Headers are AA. I'm scurred it's gonna be too loud, but no turning back now.
      '02 e46m3 - fully caged track car
      many others

Comment

Originally posted by pMak26 View Post

lol normal cracks from hard, hard use. They were beyond done, past the minimum thickness point too. It was time to change them.

Headers are AA. I'm scurred it's gonna be too loud, but no turning back now.
        The BW exhaust is loud with the OE manifolds. Installing headers makes it significantly louder. You're going to be one of the loudest cars at just about any event.

Comment

Pirellis - aim for 30 hot, try lower to 29-28.5 if the asphalt temps are up past 100F-120F.

Comment

Yeah that's where I landed as well. I only had 3 sessions but I went out session 1 at 29psi and couldn't believe how much pressure gain there was - came in at 36-38psi. So I cooked them. Dropped them down to 30psi hot. Session 2, much better, but came in at 32psi, so still too high. Dumped them down to 28psi hot and it was way better that final session. It helped that the track cooled down for the final session too. Checking pressures in the garage the next day, 20psi. So yeah, I'm going to have to start going out at 20-22psi for the first session and just do a nice warm up lap.
            many others

Comment

Yep go out around 24 in the morning and you'll bleed down. Be careful going out below 24, don't hit any curbs for 1-2 laps until they warm up.

Comment

I start my NT01s at 23psi cold. If I ran slicks, I’d start closer to 20-21.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Those are some good looking rotor rings is your rear the 345x28 setup?
                  '03.5 M3 SMG Coupe - Jet Black / Black

Comment

Originally posted by r4dr View Post
                    Those are some good looking rotor rings is your rear the 345x28 setup?
                    Yes. Fronts are 355x32, rear is 345x28.

Quick shitty sound clip after the AA headers.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20210803_140710.jpg Views:	0 Size:	74.0 KB ID:	119454
                    many others

Comment

Yes. Fronts are 355x32, rear is 345x28.
                      Let me know when you need rear rings. We've got a part number for 345x28 replacement rings, but it's not listed on the website yet.
                      '03.5 M3 SMG Coupe - Jet Black / Black

Comment

Originally posted by bigjae46 View Post

The BW exhaust is loud with the OE manifolds. Installing headers makes it significantly louder. You're going to be one of the loudest cars at just about any event.

As an owner with the BW exhaust and euro headers and gutted interior. It is flippin loud!

When driving it on the street I wear noise cancelling earbuds. On the track just typical earplugs.

Comment

Originally posted by eacmen View Post

As an owner with the BW exhaust and euro headers and gutted interior. It is flippin loud!

When driving it on the street I wear noise cancelling earbuds. On the track just typical earplugs.
                          At MSR Houston - it’s in an open area and you can hear my car the entire lap. If I miss a shift, the whole paddock will know.

In Wichita, My wife could hear my car on a highway which is 1.25 miles from my house one exit down. That’s almost 3 miles.

It’s loud!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

...I've made huge mistake

lol
                            many others

Comment

...I've made huge mistake

lol
                              don’t bother trying to swap the resonated section in. it just adds weight.

Comment

Been super busy but finally doing a track day on Monday at NJMP.

RIP my ears.
                                many others

Comment

Working...
                                X