No announcement yet.

The pMak26 ApexObsessed Driveway Track Car Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wasn't much louder than before the headers. Here are a few laps from NJMP tbolt yesterday. Car worked great, the Pirelli DHs just started to blister the edge and then full on corded the next session. LF takes a beating at this track.

Loads of corvet... erhm, traffic made it hard to get a clean push lap . Best on the day from the data was a 1:28.7 and best theoretical from the session that corded the LF was a 1:27.8. The new patches of pavement are very, very slick still.
    '02 e46m3 - fully caged track car
    many others

Comment

Ah, in case anyone was wondering if my fueling issues were solved by the bimmerworld dual pump setup, plus new main pump screen/pickup...

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210907_113010.jpg
Views:	313
Size:	85.7 KB
ID:	125564

I was still pushing and never had a fuel cut. This was the level as I came off track and rolled it right onto the trailer.
      many others

Comment

Originally posted by pMak26 View Post
        Ah, in case anyone was wondering if my fueling issues were solved by the bimmerworld dual pump setup, plus new main pump screen/pickup...

Name:	IMG_20210907_113010.jpg
Views:	313
Size:	85.7 KB
ID:	125564

I was still pushing and never had a fuel cut. This was the level as I came off track and rolled it right onto the trailer.
        That photo stresses me out just looking at it. I have the BW dual pump and still have never gone that low. Ballsy.

Well done.

Comment

I’ve been tempted to install a BW kit but may go the route of a fuel surge tank. I hate carrying more weight around if I don’t have to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          2018 Grigio Telesto F80 M3 DCT | :: Bone Stock ::
          2004 Titanium Silver E46 M3 6 Speed | :: Track Car ::

Comment

I still drive this thing, I think I broke the SMG finally. Honestly surprised it lasted this long. Soo.. prob full manual swap coming next.
            many others

Comment

Originally posted by pMak26 View Post
              https://youtu.be/qIpVu31J7VM

I still drive this thing, I think I broke the SMG finally. Honestly surprised it lasted this long. Soo.. prob full manual swap coming next.
              Which part failed?

Comment

Haven't plugged into the car yet to check but I think the gear selector switch. The car couldn't find 3rd gear and the shifts were crazy slow (like 5 seconds to find a gear) as it did try to figure out what gear it could go to.
                many others

Comment

The car has 3 pedals and a stick thingy in the middle now. I really didn't take shit for pics while doing this. Honestly I just knuckled up and enjoyed doing the work, not focus on documenting super well. It was really nice.

Name:	PXL_20230713_202907157.jpg
Views:	203
Size:	180.5 KB
ID:	229362
                  I also rebuilt the front brakes.

Name:	PXL_20230721_023915646.jpg
Views:	199
Size:	173.3 KB
ID:	229363
                  many others

Comment

I don't think anyone reads this thread anymore but I'll still toss an update in every now and then. I used the coolerworx shifter and it's damn good. I had a buddy drive the car and he loved it as well. He has a sequential in his e46m now but yeah, he loved the feel of my setup.

Anyway, did some laps instructing my friend in the car. Sorry all I had was my cellphone for video this day, but here:

Such a fun car to pass uhh, much, much faster/higher hp cars in 🤣
                    many others

Comment

I read it…keep the updates coming!

Comment

Working...
                      X