Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did I get full life out of these PFC 331 Front Pads?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I tracked my E46 for a couple years. Run the same tracks as you, Summit and VIR. Back then, I bought the Direct drive PFC rotors and Hats for the front as an upgrade to the fixed non floating rotors the E46 configuration is. Summit Main is especially hard on brakes. Ran stock calipers setup with many different compounds of Hawk or PFC race pads on both ends. This did totally cook the paint off the calipers previous owner did and all the rubber seals and pistons took a lot of abuse from the heat. Still run the same stock calipers, just rebuilt them with Bimmerworld Stainless replacement pistons and new factory seals.

From the pics you posted, Your pad thickness is where I replace my front pads typically.
    The cracking the rotors have in your pics looks fine and is normal to do that. Unless the rotor is at minimum wear thickness or is cracked all the way thru, they appear to still have life left. Here is a pic of my race car front rotor. These are not being replaced yet.

For my E30 track car, I Love and have a Stop Tech setup in the front and have a modified M Coupe rear end with stock caliper setup.
    A way to improve your brake setup at a lower cost, is just buying the bbk up front. IMO That is where it makes the most difference anyway. Me personally, I would not spend the money to do the rear. Get some cooling up front to help with heat dissipation and call it a day.
    Attached Files

Comment

Working...
    X