Stoptech C43 front BBK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CrookedCommie View Post

It's similar with the AP kit. Some pads are full sweep, the rest are smaller. I switched to Ferodo pads that have the bigger radial depth.
    Slightly OT, but how do you like the Ferodo pads? I've always been tempted to switch from PFCs.
    '03.5 M3 SMG Coupe - Jet Black / Black

Comment

Originally posted by r4dr View Post

Slightly OT, but how do you like the Ferodo pads? I've always been tempted to switch from PFCs.
      I'm using the 1.11, I love them. Like a better 08. I recently got the matching rear AP kit and hope that resolves my braking confidence issues.

Comment

Originally posted by elbert View Post

Looks like it. Nice find! It's great they're using a common pad shape.

Not sure why a previous post said the price difference was $1000 from the AP kit. With the Bimmerworld discount, front C43 is $2271. Essex has the CP8350 at $2599.
        I wasn’t thinking about that particular AP setup, was looking at the Radical calipers which that was closer to $3500 on the low end.

Comment

Originally posted by CrookedCommie View Post

I'm using the 1.11, I love them. Like a better 08. I recently got the matching rear AP kit and hope that resolves my braking confidence issues.
          Do you find they have more bite than 08s when they aren't hot? I might need to step down to a different compound even within PFC's offerings, I don't think I keep enough heat in my system with a 2600 lb car on 200 TW tires with ducting.
          '03.5 M3 SMG Coupe - Jet Black / Black

Comment

i really like the 1.11 vs 08's. i'm still on 200 or 100 TW tires and about 3300 lbs with a full tank of gas.
            2018 Grigio Telesto F80 M3 DCT | :: Bone Stock ::
            2004 Titanium Silver E46 M3 6 Speed | :: Track Car ::

Comment

Originally posted by r4dr View Post

Do you find they have more bite than 08s when they aren't hot? I might need to step down to a different compound even within PFC's offerings, I don't think I keep enough heat in my system with a 2600 lb car on 200 TW tires with ducting.
              Yes, they don't take much to warm up. Work great in the wet with hoosier h2o's as well. You might need to block off the ducts.

Comment

Originally posted by elbert View Post

I missed this earlier.
                AFAIK (which isn't much), PFC and Hawk don't offer a DR21 pad but instead recommends HB521 and 7751. Not an exact match but probably close enough to work. Looks like there might be some unswept area though.

IIRC...I think there are about 3 or 4 different FMSI pad shapes that will work with the Wilwood Superlite pad.

For race pads...I recommend Stoptech SR34s. Its almost indistinguishable from a PFC PF01 but it costs less than a Hawk race pad.

Comment

I just ordered a brand new street version of the C43 ultra lightweight kit for less than $2k shipped to my door. Haven't received it yet but the seller may be down for a potential group buy if there's interest.

Comment

Originally posted by Nihilation View Post
                    I just ordered a brand new street version of the C43 ultra lightweight kit for less than $2k shipped to my door. Haven't received it yet but the seller may be down for a potential group buy if there's interest.
                    I would grab a set of these for that price, where did you get them?

Comment

Buddy with a C43 kit ran out of pads, and was able to use the full D50 pad Ferodo 1.11 pad from my CP8350 kit. The smaller sweep pads look comical on the car.

Comment

Didn't want to waste effort from another post. It's relevant here.

Club racer Christina Lam runs these on her E46 M3. Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/christinaylam/?hl=en

I personally have this kit however I have not yet installed it so sadly I can't provide any valuable first hand experience other than what I can tell you from having the product at my fingertips. Happy to answer anything you may have. Have posted some photos already on my IG page.

Something you may not read but want to consider is consumables. This was a big one for me. But before we get there, the C43 calipers, beyond being half the weight of the ST40's, uses the DR21 pad shape, which has 11% more coverage than the ST40 caliper. It's also important because it's one of the most widely available pad shapes out there and, from what I can tell, are significantly cheaper. Let's look at some cost comparisons. I'm just pulling these off of zeckhausen.com as its quick and easy to find pads for any given caliper or vehicle.
                        Ferodo DS2500 PFC-11 Hawk DTC-60 Porterfield R4
                        ST60 $330 $610 $434 $300
                        ST40 $233 $410 $293 $196
                        C43 $130 $200 $183 $126
                        Porsche 996 Brembo $175 $350 $235 $210
                        You guys can do the math there. Actually, I'll do one for you.

Projecting to go through 3 sets of Ferodo DS2500 pads in a season? It'll be $390 for the C43 caliper pads vs $700 for the ST40 caliper. That just saved you $300, or bought you another track day, depending on your perspective.

I've linked to each caliper in the table to it's respective pad listing page so you can see other pad prices too.

And now I'm sounding like a salesman. Assure everyone, I'm not.

Stopping here, I decided to call the folks where I purchased my kit (NOT Zeckhausen) and I'm working on getting you guys a Black Friday-like discounts. The price for the front should be well under $2k shipped. Dunno if they're going to provide me a link to share or a coupon code. More to come.

Continuing on... rotor disc replacement prices, regardless of Stoptech kit, are $300'ish for the 332x32 on up to $450 for the 380mm. Fairly minor as they're not commonly replaced but figured I'd toss that out too. A light weight 2-piece 345mm rotor is what, $800?
                        Last edited by Nihilation; 11-23-2020, 12:21 PM.

Comment

Anyone happen to know the piston sizes for the front kit? Can’t seem to find that information, but I need it to figure out what my rear brake options are.
                          Silver Track to Street Car Journal
                          Interlagos Blue Street Car Journal

Comment

Originally posted by SQ13 View Post
                            Anyone happen to know the piston sizes for the front kit? Can’t seem to find that information, but I need it to figure out what my rear brake options are.
                            BW sells a C43 kit for the rear, probably best to reach out to them and see.

Comment

Zeckhausen are also super knowledgeable and have a huge catalog of all rebuild parts, just need a part number.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Youtube DIYs and more

All jobs done as diy - clutch, rod bearings, rear subframe rebush, vanos, headers, cooling, suspension, etc.

PM for help in NorCal. Have a lot of specialty tools - vanos, pilot bearing puller, bushing press kit, valve adjustment, fcab, wheel bearing, engine support bar, etc.

Comment

I was able to get the information from ST. It’s 38/44mm. Just need to figure out what the bias would be with stock rears and 996 conversion rears. I hope I don’t screw up the 50 different calculations Build Journal has on their website lol.
                                Silver Track to Street Car Journal
                                Interlagos Blue Street Car Journal

Comment

Working...
                                X