HPDE Organizations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Radekxpl View Post

Hey, I’m in Connecticut as well. I usually run with TINA at Thompson, Palmer sometimes they even have lime rock can’t beat the price for little afternoon outing, CARTCT has good events as well with Time Trails, COMSCC as well has events with time trails, MOE HPDE at NJMP has good events with ton of seat time, But my absolute favorite is MASSTuning have been running with them since they started couple years ago and have grown tremendously through the years this year they have 20+ events covering almost every track in the northeast you can think of, best part is you get more seat time than you can possibly wish for minimum 7 sessions through the day sometimes more. Very well organized good bunch of guys Armin is the man👌, all that for right around $325 per event depending on the track can’t beat the price. Be more than happy to meet up at one of the events this season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Definitely trying MASSTuning, I’ve heard of them before but had no idea they run 7 sessions! I will let you know which event I sign up for. Thanks for the tip!

Comment

Originally posted by Nick_P View Post

Definitely trying MASSTuning, I’ve heard of them before but had no idea they run 7 sessions! I will let you know which event I sign up for. Thanks for the tip!
      Yea usually by the 6th session run groups are half the size what they are in the morning you hardly get any traffic it’s like having track to your self, since most people have enough seat time by then. Cool looking forward to up coming season 👍

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by r4dr View Post

How did you like SpeedSF? I'm looking at some of their Thunderhill dates in March.

Anyone else have experience running with them?
        Well organized and well run. Probably the best norcal org imo.

Comment

I typically run with NASA Mid Atlantic. Their Hyperfest event at VIR is an amazingly good time.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Comment

I typically run with NNJR PCA at all the usual NE tracks...very well organized and great people. Currently an intermediate driver and looking for additional club events with more track time per day. PCA is typically 4~25min sessions per day and usually under $200 per day.

Comment

I do all events with TrackDaze and NASA MA at this point. Both are great and offer plenty of track time IMO. I instruct for both groups, so I spend more time on track than I would if I was just there solo (can't turn down a free event though...)
              RIP M3F
              2002 M3 - 2002 325iT - 1994 Bronco

Comment

Originally posted by blazenXLT View Post
                I do all events with TrackDaze and NASA MA at this point. Both are great and offer plenty of track time IMO. I instruct for both groups, so I spend more time on track than I would if I was just there solo (can't turn down a free event though...)
                TrackDaze is great for experienced drivers. Would never recommend them for new or novice drivers. They do not hold their instructors accountable to show up to grid.

Started weekend with instructor, signed off solo. Heavy rain started, asked for instructor back asI have never driven in the rain. Instructor was forced to go in someone else’s car since their instructor did not show. I was told to go out solo, ended up in the wall with a totaled car and serious injury that i’m still recovering from.

Never again.

Comment

Originally posted by eacmen View Post

TrackDaze is great for experienced drivers. Would never recommend them for new or novice drivers. They do not hold their instructors accountable to show up to grid.

Started weekend with instructor, signed off solo. Heavy rain started, asked for instructor back asI have never driven in the rain. Instructor was forced to go in someone else’s car since their instructor did not show. I was told to go out solo, ended up in the wall with a totaled car and serious injury that i’m still recovering from.

Never again.
                  That sucks. Not saying an instructor would have prevented hitting the wall but the fact that an instructor wasn’t available is not acceptable IMO.

I’ve been to events where students are solo’d in an effort to effectively ditch them and allow the instructor time to focus on themselves. Make no mistake about it...your driving will suffer if you’re instructing. You just don’t have the time to prep your car as well as you could. If there’s an issue beyond brake pad or tire changes...probably won’t have much time to fix it.

Careful who you DE with. In TX I’m seeing more and more hamfisted intermediate students that have 20+ days under their belt and still heavily rely on nannies. They build bad habits which are increasingly difficult to break.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by bigjae46 View Post

That sucks. Not saying an instructor would have prevented hitting the wall but the fact that an instructor wasn’t available is not acceptable IMO.

I’ve been to events where students are solo’d in an effort to effectively ditch them and allow the instructor time to focus on themselves. Make no mistake about it...your driving will suffer if you’re instructing. You just don’t have the time to prep your car as well as you could. If there’s an issue beyond brake pad or tire changes...probably won’t have much time to fix it.

Careful who you DE with. In TX I’m seeing more and more hamfisted intermediate students that have 20+ days under their belt and still heavily rely on nannies. They build bad habits which are increasingly difficult to break.

Agreed. Always been told that driving in the rain is great for learning so wanted to take advantage of it. Hard to turn back to the paddock when you’re sitting on the grid and others are rolling out, even if your passenger seat is empty.

Shoulda woulda coulda I guess….

At the end of the day the warning signs were there just chose to ignore them. I didn’t know it at the time, but I was the fourth car in the wall before lunch that day. I decent DE club would have held another drivers meeting after car 2.

Comment

Agreed. Always been told that driving in the rain is great for learning so wanted to take advantage of it. Hard to turn back to the paddock when you’re sitting on the grid and others are rolling out, even if your passenger seat is empty.

Shoulda woulda coulda I guess….

At the end of the day the warning signs were there just chose to ignore them. I didn’t know it at the time, but I was the fourth car in the wall before lunch that day. I decent DE club would have held another drivers meeting after car 2.
                      That’s another thing. Some DE orgs are actually kinda OK with cars hitting the wall.

Comment

Originally posted by bigjae46 View Post
                        In TX I’m seeing more and more hamfisted intermediate students that have 20+ days under their belt and still heavily rely on nannies. They build bad habits which are increasingly difficult to break.
                        I think this is becoming a universal problem. Cars these days have so much more HP than ever, and with the safety nannies, these newbies think they're driving gods because they're setting some fast lap times. Yet they are oblivious that their stability control is saving their ass several times a lap.

Comment

Never again.
                          Damn dude, sorry to hear that. When was this and what track? I've always found the Trackdaze guys to be pretty on top of things. I have been to events where the instructors are spread pretty thin, but I'd never leave a student hanging on grid, that's a dick move.
                          RIP M3F
                          2002 M3 - 2002 325iT - 1994 Bronco

Comment

Originally posted by blazenXLT View Post

Damn dude, sorry to hear that. When was this and what track? I've always found the Trackdaze guys to be pretty on top of things. I have been to events where the instructors are spread pretty thin, but I'd never leave a student hanging on grid, that's a dick move.
                            Summit Point Main. Oct 2018.

It wasnt the instructor himself, it was pit out and the lead instructor not getting people he needed to grid… after 3 previous wrecks.

I would take a serious second look at TrackDaze and how they conduct an event.

Comment

I am going to throw in a negative for Hooked On Driving. I have attended three of their events. Their prices are kind of a joke in terms of how high they are but I try to get as much seat time as I can. Also, I am a firm believer that T-shirts should always be included haha!

With respect to my actual gripe with them, I was at an event at the beginning of the year and at the start of the second day I came up upon some beater Chump car on the blend line. In hindsight I should have noticed this fact but I drove behind this guy at a snails pace while he refused to give a point by. I backed off because it looked like he had no familiarity with the track and was a danger. In retrospect, I should have pitted.

He lost it on the inside of a turn and I drove directly into the infield because I have no idea what this guy is doing. He tried to save it, his slicks bit, and he blasted me in the infield (twice somehow). About 10k of damage, and I had forgotten track insurance that week....

Well, I limp back into the pits and 5-6 members of the staff are standing there. I’m not mad, I know this is a possibility every time I go out but I at least want to talk to someone. Low and behold, it turns out the guy wasn’t in our run group, and had never driven the track before. He was released into the group midsession on the second day. At this point I am thinking this is kind of bullshit, especially from a group that purportedly has an eye on safety. They kept telling me this shouldn’t have happened which I agreed, and that I should have pitted. I was very polite, and after a long discussion they offered to comp me one day in the future haha. I respectfully declined. I asked for the contact information so I could speak to the race team and never received it. The damage hurt, but it showed me that safety was not a priority, and that was the killer.

2006 ///M3 6MT Coupe Jet Black Track Car
                              [Karbonius] [MCS 2WNR] [Zionsville] [ [SPAL] [Ground Control] [Beisan] [Rogue Engineering] [Vorshlag] [Redish] [CMP] [Bimmerworld] [Kassel] [TTFS] [Apex] [TMS Sways] [Buildjournal] [Radium] [Ultimate Pedals] [OMP Seats/Harnesses] [UUC SSK] [Custom Cage] [Supersprint] [Carbontastic] [MEC CSL Diffuser] [Trackspec] [Street Faction] [Condor] [Hard Motorsports] [AiM] [Maintenance] [Ask me about products and exact weight of front end components]

Comment

I instruct with Driver’s Edge (NOT Edge Addicts) in TX. Driver’s Edge (TDE) is a pain the first time you drive with them. It’s turns off quite a few people. For example…someone says they’re an advanced driver, TDE will likely put you in intermediate. Racer, instructor…whatever. Likely will be in intermediate.

You know what? Most of my worst students have been ones with previous experience. Driver’s Edge is one group that is willing to turn someone away who is not willing to at least subject themselves to live verification. There is a reason why for the most part you can drive in most run groups and not have a dangerous road block causing trains.

Comment

Working...
                                X