Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CSL lower flexible suction tube (13717896774 / 13715A289E0)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The connector on the foam intake manifold has 2 small raised ridges on the inside each about 1mm high and 10mm apart.
    The suction tube has 2 raised lips about 2 mm high each and about 9mm apart. There's a concave in between them but that could be flat also, I don't think the concave is vital.
    The manifold connector easily clicks onto the suction tube, it's not a very strong connection and definitely needs the hose clamp to hold that joint together.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20230221_090135_33A.jpg
Views:	297
Size:	166.5 KB
ID:	206493

Comment

Originally posted by 0-60motorsports View Post
      Awesome! Thanks so much for doing this! Now all we need is the link to purchase the tube.
      There's few options I want to try. Ordering a tube now.

Comment

Originally posted by puma1824 View Post

There's few options I want to try. Ordering a tube now.
        Thank you for trying that out

Comment

kook is this some sort of tape joining the foam to make the insulating tube? If so, any ideas on what kind?

Name:	2023-02-21_22-39-37.png
Views:	219
Size:	312.1 KB
ID:	206677

Comment

Honestly I don't know. If it is tape of some kind it's super super thin, I tried with my fingernail to find an edge that might lift but couldn't unless I started destroying it. I think heat might be involved in applying or sealing that strip. One thing I did notice is I think the whole outer black 'casing' on the outside is definitely glued together down that seam. That knobbly bit running down the middle is hard like glue. However there's no join line on the inside of the tube, it's just foam all the way around. 🤔 Trust BMW to over complicate things!

Name:	20230222_132925.jpg
Views:	212
Size:	115.5 KB
ID:	206691 Click image for larger version

Name:	20230222_133041.jpg
Views:	209
Size:	96.0 KB
ID:	206692

Comment

Let’s not get too deep into the way the hose looks lol. Fit and functionality and cheapest price please 🤣

Comment

Originally posted by 0-60motorsports View Post
                Let’s not get too deep into the way the hose looks lol. Fit and functionality and cheapest price please 🤣
                lol yeah that's why I'm trying to join a flat sheet together. A foam tube that fit the inner flex tube is either impossible to find the correct size OR really expensive.

Comment

lol yeah that's why I'm trying to join a flat sheet together. A foam tube that fit the inner flex tube is either impossible to find the correct size OR really expensive.
                  Awesome, thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by kook View Post

Geez, that's a pretty much perfect looking model of it, well done! I forgot some fairly critical measurements, apologies. The outer diameter of the foam pipe is very close in diameter as the connector that it plugs into, so around 96mm. The inner diameter of the foam pipe is the same as the outer of the small part of the connector, around 73mm. Let me know if you need anything else.

Click image for larger version  Name:	2023-02-19_23-25-57_textA.jpg Views:	12 Size:	59.1 KB ID:	206291 Click image for larger version  Name:	2023-02-19_23-27-14_text.jpg Views:	11 Size:	54.7 KB ID:	206292
                    What you are missing with this CAD design is the fact that this end screws into the inner metal coil of the foam tube to lock into place. It is not taped or secured by any adhesive. This isn’t to say those methods could be used in your design, but that is how the OEM pieces attach.

I’m not sure about the other end.
                    2005 BMW M3 ZCP Black/Black - HTE Tuning | Kassel CSL DME | 288/280 Schrick Cams+DLC Followers | Lang Head | Dinan TBs | Bosch 550cc | Radium Fuel System | Karbonious CSL Airbox+OE Snorkel | SS V1 Stepped+Catted Sec 1+Resonated Twin Pipe+Race | 3.91, 3 stage clutch | FCM 400/600 | Vorshlag Camber Plates, RSM | Rogue ASP | AKG FCABs, SFBs | TMS Front Sway, Camber Arms, Monoball RTABs, Pullies | Mason Race Strut + X-Brace | AS 30% SSK | SPAL | Redish Plates | Turbo Toys V2 Hub | WPC Rod Bearings

Comment

QUOTE=duracellttu;n206868]What you are missing with this CAD design is the fact that this end screws into the inner metal coil of the foam tube to lock into place. It is not taped or secured by any adhesive. This isn’t to say those methods could be used in your design, but that is how the OEM pieces attach.
                      I’m not sure about the other end. [/QUOTE]

duracellttu is correct, my fault for not pointing this out. I tried to unscrew mine to have a look inside but it doesn't want to rotate more than a quarter turn unless I force it. Anyway this is what I imagine it looks like inside, with a thread inside that the metal coil screws into. I hope this helps.
                      EDIT : The thread is actually around the inner core as now shown.
                      Click image for larger version  Name:	render_01A.jpg Views:	0 Size:	27.0 KB ID:	207021 Click image for larger version  Name:	render_04A.jpg Views:	0 Size:	29.7 KB ID:	207023
                      Last edited by kook; 02-23-2023, 09:34 PM.

Comment

If you're still interested in buying one. I have a new one for sale.

Comment

Originally posted by Schiffi View Post
                          Yes I am! Message incoming. Thanks!

Comment

Yes I am! Message incoming. Thanks!
                            I’m game for a 3D-printed duplicate!

Comment

Originally posted by Schiffi View Post
                              If the other member doesn't buy it I'd be interested. Please let me know. Thanks

Comment

I’m actually going to fashion a singular snorkel to stock M3 fog light area and the 3D print them… waiting on the Haimus snorkel to arrive and then I’m getting to work.

Comment

Working...
                                X