Mint ZCP / CSL wheels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WTB: Mint ZCP / CSL wheels

Looking to get a set of brand new or used but in mint condition ZCP / CSL wheels. If these come with new or lightly used Michelin PS4s that would be a plus. Located in San Jose, CA.

Just get the VMR V703s. Black friday they were $900 shipped. Kind of a bargain compared to the $2500 + price of new ones and the fronts are wider
    2005 Phoenix Yellow M3 Coupe 6spd
    2013 Interlagos Blue M3 Coupe 6spd ZCP, CF roof
    2007 Imola Red Z4M Coupe

Comment

Or setup all rears, the ZCP fronts are too thin at 8 wide and you'll need spacers to look good. Just IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Maxima SE View Post
        Just get the VMR V703s. Black friday they were $900 shipped. Kind of a bargain compared to the $2500 + price of new ones and the fronts are wider
        I'm just too much of a purist to go with anything other than OE here. Something about the finish and style that is just so perfect.

Comment

Originally posted by mikeetastic View Post
          Or setup all rears, the ZCP fronts are too thin at 8 wide and you'll need spacers to look good. Just IMO.
          I'm running 15f/10r spacers on OE ZCPs and I'm super happy with it. I just need a minty set to replace mine with.

Comment

Originally posted by simon_c View Post

I'm just too much of a purist to go with anything other than OE here. Something about the finish and style that is just so perfect.
            I felt the same way. From what I can tell, aside from the stamped letters around the center cap, they are a direct 1:1 replica. The finish is also nice. I have not compared color match or concavity of the wheels side by side next to an OE wheel but the 8.5" and 10" width options are sweet. With Michelin PS4S and TPMS and center caps you're still at the same price or cheaper than new OE wheels alone.

Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	328
Size:	112.7 KB
ID:	205839
            2007 Imola Red Z4M Coupe

Comment

i *might* have a set of new ones if you'd be willing to pick up in SoCal. Gotta check. Whats your budget? Feel free to PM
              E46 M3 | C7 RS7

Comment

I felt the same way. From what I can tell, aside from the stamped letters around the center cap, they are a direct 1:1 replica. The finish is also nice. I have not compared color match or concavity of the wheels side by side next to an OE wheel but the 8.5" and 10" width options are sweet. With Michelin PS4S and TPMS and center caps you're still at the same price or cheaper than new OE wheels alone.

Click image for larger version  Name:	1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	112.7 KB ID:	205839
                They are most definitely not a 1:1 replica. Anytime I see a photo of an m3 with these, no matter how small or blurry the photo is, I know instantly that they are not OEM wheels.. they have thinner spikes, different lines and are less concave. Are they a bargain? Maybe. But no purist will be content with them as replacement for the original BBS CSL wheels.

Comment

Looking to get a set of brand new or used but in mint condition ZCP / CSL wheels. If these come with new or lightly used Michelin PS4s that would be a plus. Located in San Jose, CA.
                  Let’s be honest - it’s 2023 and you’re not gonna get a deal on these in the condition you are after.

Your best bet is to buy them new, IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Boost View Post
                    i *might* have a set of new ones if you'd be willing to pick up in SoCal. Gotta check. Whats your budget? Feel free to PM
                    DM sent

Comment

I’m also considering refinishing my current ZCP wheels but everything I’ve read is that it’s basically impossible to find someone that get that the finish right.

Comment

I’m also considering refinishing my current ZCP wheels but everything I’ve read is that it’s basically impossible to find someone that get that the finish right.
                        Yeah it is a 3 step process which means you'll pay even more and may end up not happy in the end. It is best to just get new ones. That is what I did for my E92. About 2-3 months ago there was a guy in SF area selling a new in box CSL set.
                        2007 Imola Red Z4M Coupe

Comment

Yeah it is a 3 step process which means you'll pay even more and may end up not happy in the end. It is best to just get new ones. That is what I did for my E92. About 2-3 months ago there was a guy in SF area selling a new in box CSL set.
                          Yeah that's kinda what I'm thinking. I knew I should've bought a new set years ago when they were like $1900/set.

Comment

Yeah that's kinda what I'm thinking. I knew I should've bought a new set years ago when they were like $1900/set.
                            It's worth getting them refinished by a good shop. The paint code was mentioned in another thread.

Comment

Originally posted by PetrolM3 View Post

They are most definitely not a 1:1 replica. Anytime I see a photo of an m3 with these, no matter how small or blurry the photo is, I know instantly that they are not OEM wheels.. they have thinner spikes, different lines and are less concave. Are they a bargain? Maybe. But no purist will be content with them as replacement for the original BBS CSL wheels.
                              Something about them looks different but I can't tell what it is... maybe just the color?

can you point out to what you mean?

Would like to know how the V703 style differs from OE ZCP wheels. Aside from the obvious things like the color and stamped letters around the center caps, how do these wheels differ? Some people say the spoker are thinner, they're not as concave etc. Here are my 19x8.5 and 19x9.5. VMR told me the 9.5 is even more concave than
                              2007 Imola Red Z4M Coupe

Comment

Working...
                              X