3x Brand New Mile End composite carbon fiber CSL front bumpers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Obioban View Post
    Those look NICE. Good to see Mile End back returned.

Now that we have bumpers designed for kevlar carrier cars, we need a CSL trunk that allows us to retain the (or any plug and play OE BMW) trunk opening button!
    LOL it’s funny that you mention this. I was with JC last week and we were talking about this. I was about to create a new thread to get feedback from members if they would prefer original CSL trunk or a version with a trunk opening button!

2001 BMW E46 M3 Laguna Seca / M-Texture 6mt
    2002 BMW E46 M3 Titanium Silver/Black 6mt
    2006 BMW E46 M3 Individual Estoril blue/Black 6mt
    2019 BMW X3 M40i Phytonic blue/Tartufo Individual

Comment

Gimme da button
      2004 Dinan S3-R M3
      2012 Dinan S1 X5M

Comment

the button CSL trunks that used to be made with the usdm trim were pretty awful looking compared to csl trunks

if Mile End* is taking suggestions, it'd be nice to have a trunk that has some up/down, in/out adjustability for the license plate mounting
        currently the US license plates slightly get in the way of mounting the popular E46 rear view cam/reverse lights

Last edited by usdmej; 09-21-2023, 10:23 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by usdmej View Post
          the button CSL trunks that used to be made with the usdm trim were pretty awful looking compared to csl trunks

if streamline is taking suggestions, it'd be nice to have a trunk that has some up/down, in/out adjustability for the license plate mounting
          currently the US license plates slightly get in the way of mounting the popular E46 rear view cam/reverse lights

Streamline???

Yes I also think that cheap CSL trunk made with the OEM trunk handle is awful. It would need to be just the button IMO

If someone knows a button from another model maybe that we could reuse?

Comment

Originally posted by Gt4 View Post
            If someone knows a button from another model maybe that we could reuse?
            E9X button is a standalone item: 51247118158

Not sure if it would fit, but it seems to be about the same dimensions as the E9X LED lights that people fit to these trunks, so seems promising.
            2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

The other thing I've long wondered about (and I do NOT have a strong opinion if this would actually look good or not) is a CSL trunk designed for the USA license plate shape.

For context, the e39 had different trunk lids for different plate shapes.

USA:
              Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_7300.jpg Views:	0 Size:	68.7 KB ID:	234674

Euro:
              Click image for larger version  Name:	maxresdefault.jpg Views:	0 Size:	144.3 KB ID:	234675

All the CSL trunks are designed around a euro style plate.

... sadly I feel like I'd actually need to see one to actually know if this would look good or not.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
              2012 LMB/Black 128i
              2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

Originally posted by heinzboehmer View Post

E9X button is a standalone item: 51247118158

Not sure if it would fit, but it seems to be about the same dimensions as the E9X LED lights that people fit to these trunks, so seems promising.
                e39 is also standalone, and seems more likely to be plug and play with e46 chassis electronics (with no investigation of how either works):

pretty sure if you just had the right size cut out in area above the CSL trunk's license plate, it could clip in with no visible changes to the lines of a CSL trunk.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.jpg
Views:	499
Size:	20.3 KB
ID:	234679

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
                2012 LMB/Black 128i

Comment

The other thing I've long wondered about (and I do NOT have a strong opinion if this would actually look good or not) is a CSL trunk designed for the USA license plate shape.

For context, the e39 had different trunk lids for different plate shapes.

USA:
                  Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_7300.jpg Views:	0 Size:	68.7 KB ID:	234674

Euro:
                  Click image for larger version Name:	maxresdefault.jpg Views:	0 Size:	144.3 KB ID:	234675

All the CSL trunks are designed around a euro style plate.

... sadly I feel like I'd actually need to see one to actually know if this would look good or not.
                  Yeah like E46 Touring hatch, they were only made for Euro license plate!

Good ideas so far, keep them coming!

Comment

Optional holes for the trunk lid carpeting? Personally, unpainted matte CF on the inside of the trunk (with painted on the car's exterior) can't be beat, and I have no desire to hide it under trunk carpeting.

And, yep, touring trunk is a good example of the opposite.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
                    2012 LMB/Black 128i

Comment

e39 is also standalone, and seems more likely to be plug and play with e46 chassis electronics (with no investigation of how either works):
                      https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine-...n/51248168035/

pretty sure if you just had the right size cut out in area above the CSL trunk's license plate, it could clip in with no visible changes to the lines of a CSL trunk.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Capture.jpg Views:	2 Size:	20.3 KB ID:	234679
                      Oh nice, that might be easier to install with the pigtail like on the E46.

It does look like a slight wiring modification would be needed though (at least according to the wiring diagrams). E39 switch is SPDT and E46 switch is DPDT.

E39:

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot 2023-09-21 at 11.48.56 AM.png Views:	0 Size:	68.3 KB ID:	234691

E46:

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot 2023-09-21 at 11.49.16 AM.png Views:	0 Size:	241.8 KB ID:	234692

E46 GM5 pinout says that both X253 pin 37 and X254 pin 10 are inputs for the trunk switch. The E39 switch should work fine if pins 2 and 3 are bridged together on the car side of the button harness. Something as simple as a wire tap would do the trick, but a nicer solution would be to add another pin to pin 2 on the E39 switch connector and bridge it to the wire in pin 3.
                      Last edited by heinzboehmer; 09-21-2023, 10:56 AM.
                      2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

Congrats to the buyers of these! Bump for MEC! Love my bumper!

Top of the list for a 1x1 diffuser for me please!!

Any chance of getting a set of replacement flippers? Mine are still unscathed after almost 2 years, but wouldnt mind a back up set, just in case!

Jared

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6116.jpg
Views:	471
Size:	206.9 KB
ID:	234733

Comment

Originally posted by JaredU View Post
                          Congrats to the buyers of these! Bump for MEC! Love my bumper!

Top of the list for a 1x1 diffuser for me please!!

Any chance of getting a set of replacement flippers? Mine are still unscathed after almost 2 years, but wouldnt mind a back up set, just in case!

Jared

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_6116.jpg Views:	0 Size:	206.9 KB ID:	234733
                          Another member asked for forged carbon splitters, so maybe it will be an option in the future

Right now JC is loaded with work so can’t do more parts than the 3 pre-paid bumpers sold here
                          Last edited by Gt4; 09-21-2023, 02:29 PM.

Comment

Ok so here is the list for future bumpers / batch #3:

1= E36 PWR
                            2= efourtysix-m3-321
                            3= 02’topaz
                            Last edited by Gt4; 09-25-2023, 11:16 AM.

Comment

Add me to the batch no. 3. I’ll pm you.

Originally posted by Gt4 View Post
                              Ok so here is the list for future bumpers / batch #3:

1= E36 PWR

Comment

Beautiful!

Comment

Working...
                                X