Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WTB: Clean, Original Steering Wheel

Hey Guys:

Does anyone have a clean, original steering wheel in good condition that they are ready to pass along? My wheel is alright, but it could be better.

Considered rewrapping but I don’t like the look of the new leather. I also considered just buying a new wheel from the dealer but I understand they suffer from the same problem—new leather, different texture. So … I am trying to keep it the way it was.

I have two very decent donor wheels that I could offer to ensure you retain a spare, if that helps. If not, I’ll sell them here later.

Thanks in advance.

I can't help with your search but curious to know what you think is different about the leather used on a new OE wheel vs the original? I've just compared photos of the original that was on my car and the new OE wheel I purchased a couple of years ago and can't see any difference in the leather/texture?
    2005 ///M3 SMG Coupe Silbergrau Metallic/CSL bucket seats
    Build Thread:
    https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...e46-m3-journal

Comment

Agreed with above, got a brand new steering wheel from BMW - it was flawless and identical to what came from factory. Pricey but worth it IMO…

Comment

Perhaps you've seen all the re-wraps where they use the wrong leather (smooth like e9x) when our e46 should have the much more textured leather. I have both e46 and e90, and I know people usually like the thicker e9x wheel, but the slightly smaller, but textured e46 wheel is better to hold during aggressive driving imo.
        DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
        /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
        More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Thanks guys. Super helpful. I must have been given misinformation. The wheel I saw recently must have been a rewrap, not a new factory part from BMW.

I will buy new and put this behind me.

Comment

Originally posted by PetrolM3 View Post
            Agreed with above, got a brand new steering wheel from BMW - it was flawless and identical to what came from factory. Pricey but worth it IMO…
            Did your factory wheel come with upper and lower trims? Or just the lower?

Comment

Originally posted by LSB4Me View Post

Did your factory wheel come with upper and lower trims? Or just the lower?
              It comes with both.

Comment

Working...
              X