No announcement yet.

In need of 6 empty bottles of BMW TPT 10w-60

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just find a BMW dealership and ask then to give you empty bottles. If you were local I'd just give them to you. Dealerships literally just throw them away.
    This is my Unbuild Journal and why we need an oil thread
    https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...nbuild-journal

"Do it right once or do it twice"

Comment

Returning used oil is just....wrong.
      BMW / E46M Interior & Trim Restoration.
      https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/c...ch-restoration

Comment

Originally posted by Tbonem3 View Post
        How much is your time/effort worth though?
        For the record, I have never sent anything back to FCP.
        I have three BMWs now, so doing a bulk return is worth the effort.
        I wouldn't be sending it back if I only had oil.

Comment

Check a garbage can in front of an auto store.

Comment

Originally posted by DropTopKingM3 View Post
            Check a garbage can in front of an auto store.
            Dumpster diving

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Day View Post

For the record, I have never sent anything back to FCP.
              I have three BMWs now, so doing a bulk return is worth the effort.
              I wouldn't be sending it back if I only had oil.
              Dude, I don't know - I have 7 BMWs and I have never sent anything back to FCP, and even if I were doing bulk return, I still wouldn't send used oil for refund. I bought a product, used it, recycled it. Its a consumable.
              Returning used oil is like shitting in a burger wrapper and bringing it back to a burger joint. Sorry if it was too graphic.

Comment

The purpose of this post wasn't to gather opinions of FCPs lifetime warranty but thanks for taking the time to let us know how you feel.

Comment

Are you effen serious man?

Comment

People really need to relax about trying to make people feel bad about using FCP's warranty for a use case that FCP openly allows and encourages. It's not "ruining it" for anyone, this is 100% part of what FCP intends and they work this into the cost analysis of the feasibility of their warranty program. If someone thinks it's worth their time to ship used oil back to FCP that's their business.

Comment

Agreed, but we can still poke fun.
                      DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
                      /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
                      More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Have a free boop/bump/poke OP... LoL.

Click image for larger version  Name:	tenor.gif?itemid=5657845.gif Views:	0 Size:	955.1 KB ID:	65716
                        Attached Files
                        3.91 | CMP Subframe & RTAB Bushings | SMG (Relocated & Rebuilt) | ESS Gen 3 Supercharger | Redish | Beisan | GC Coilovers & ARCAs | Imola Interior | RE Rasp | RE Diablo | Storm Motorwerks Paddles | Will ZCPM3 Shift Knob | Apex ARC-8 19x9, 19x9.5 | Sony XAV-AX5000 | BAVSOUND | CSL & 255 SMG Upgrades | Tiag | Vert w/Hardtop

Comment

How much is your time/effort worth though?
                          It takes literally no extra time for me.

My 4runner oil change:

- Buy oil and filter from autozone
                          - Drain oil into pan
                          - Change filter
                          - Dump in new oil
                          - Dump old pan oil into the recently drained oil bottles
                          - Take old oil to autozone and dump into their big bin

My M3 oil change

- Order oil and filter from FCP
                          - Drain oil into the drain pan
                          - change filter
                          - Dump in new oil
                          - Dump old drain pan oil into the BMW oil bottles
                          - Put old oil bottles into FCP supplied plastic bag, then in the same FCP box the oil came in
                          - Take old oil and filter to shipping store and drop it off
                          - Receive $97 return on my credit card.

Comment

Receive $97 lol you pay frst, then get reimbursed. Doesn't matter if it's $5 or $500

Second of all I wasn't talking about you, but the subject of this thread who had created said thread, Fred, eliciting help obtaining specific bottles to fool fcp.
                            DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
                            /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
                            More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Receive $97 lol you pay frst, then get reimbursed. Doesn't matter if it's $5 or $500
                              While this is true, I plan to own this car for longer than one or two oil changes, so in practice, I only had to pay for the first oil change/filter and everything after that is awesome. I can shorten my oil change frequency to 5k, or 3k to save our delicate bearings and don't have to really worry about the TWS tax.

My intent wasn't to argue with you dude, no ill feelings towards you!

Comment

FCP gives you bags? That's nice. How much is return shipping?

Comment

Working...
                                X