Slonik CF roof on E90 M3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by robgill View Post

Also very interested in your experience with Slonik. Considering their roof/hood/fenders for my track car. Looking forward to a build thread 👍.
    You got it Rob. I will provide details for sure, imagine that the full experience will be like I stated above - a total pleasure. He's been super communicative, extremely forthcoming with details, and helped guide me down the right path. Payment was easy (PayPal) and he confirmed they are working on the order via a PM here as soon as he got the funds. Sending a lot of money overseas, halfway around the world can be daunting. Not the case here up to this point.

Will post my impressions once I receive the parts in a dedicated thread, feel like I've already blabbered in the OPs post too much, but cannot say enough goods things about Slonik thus far!
    Build thread: Topaz Blue to Shark Blue

Comment

Originally posted by SYT_Shadow View Post

It was like a windshield. The weighing was only for the side rails which are springy and have to be glued down
      I think the e90 looks so much better than the e92 it seems wider and more aggressive which is odd because sedans are usually less sporty looking, anyways love the roof do you notice a difference?

Comment

Originally posted by lastMleft View Post

I think the e90 looks so much better than the e92 it seems wider and more aggressive which is odd because sedans are usually less sporty looking, anyways love the roof do you notice a difference?
        I can't say I notice a difference, other than the awesomeness of walking up to the car every time I use it.

E90 is becoming a street car in 2022 but I would absolutely do it again. The install is oem-like and the Slonik roof is perfect. Aesthetically I prefer it to my E92's oem cf roof

Comment

I can't say I notice a difference, other than the awesomeness of walking up to the car every time I use it.
          I love the sedan. I've tripped over curbs and almost walked into things walking away from my car.

Comment

Originally posted by bigjae46 View Post
            I love the sedan. I've tripped over curbs and almost walked into things walking away from my car.
            Ha! I've certainly done this exact same thing. It interrupts something in you brain and you end up playing the mind game as you walk farther away from the car... "Did I lock it? I think I did. No, I don't think I did." ...only to walk back to find the car is locked. Repeat.
            Build thread: Topaz Blue to Shark Blue

Comment

Originally posted by Casa de Mesa View Post

Ha! I've certainly done this exact same thing. It interrupts something in you brain and you end up playing the mind game as you walk farther away from the car... "Did I lock it? I think I did. No, I don't think I did." ...only to walk back to find the car is locked. Repeat.
              I see how this would happen lol...lol...if I could find a 2011 e90 competition I would buy it in a heart beat, I think there were only 1,200 produced so hard to find....seems like the e90x prices are super high now not sure if it’s because of the over all used car market or something else, but I haven’t been able to find a descent one for under 35.

Comment

I see how this would happen lol...lol...if I could find a 2011 e90 competition I would buy it in a heart beat, I think there were only 1,200 produced so hard to find....seems like the e90x prices are super high now not sure if it’s because of the over all used car market or something else, but I haven’t been able to find a descent one for under 35.
                Prices have always been high for E90 M3s. Never really dipped below $20k.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by bigjae46 View Post

You have the best thing ever, a MCB sedan! So jealous!!

Comment

So few E90s were built that those prices aren't ever coming down. Covid car prices are a real thing, but E90 pricing is based on good fundamentals

Comment

You have the best thing ever, a MCB sedan! So jealous!!
                      I know…got so lucky with that one.

Still have it…10+ years later!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                      X