Leave a comment:

• MSSAddict
    replied
    terra Thank you

Leave a comment:

• terra
    replied
    Originally posted by omhl View Post

You have to read your full binary then load the same full binary you just read then press RSA BYPASS SLOW. What it does is that it takes your FULL BIN you just read and changes some values for checksum. I actually compared the read before and after RSA bypass so I know the full binary gets changed after the bypass. From what I read from past, the way the algo tricking works is that checksums runs for x amount of time on a section of the program space - all the rsa bypass does is it tricks it into calculating it correctly until time runs out?
    RSA Bypass Fast is fine too. End result should be the same. I might remove the slow option, but there are a couple rare scenarios where it's helpful

If you are going to be writing full programs in future , you will need to do another full read to get the full binary with RSA bypass intact in your read. Your original full read will not have the RSA bypass.
    I would do it just to have a backup anyways.
    Actually no, the program will check for evidence of an RSA bypass before flashing a full file, and if there already is one, it will patch the binary in memory before flashing it. The only reason I have to have a separate RSA patch function at all is because I have to deliberately use an incorrect checksum for the program section to get the RSA bypass to be accepted on a stock DME. I could patch out that checksum check I suppose (which would make the RSA bypass super fast), but I don't like the idea of doing that.

Otherwise, you can work off your partial binary and flash tunes. cuz your not working in the program space anymore.

At least this is from what I understand.
    Yeah if you're not messing with fulls, you shouldn't have to touch it again.

Leave a comment:

• MSSAddict
    replied
    omhl Ok πŸ‘ perfect I understand
    terra Let's wait terra to see his answer

Leave a comment:

• omhl
    replied
    i editted my post a little bit more. just so you know.

I would wait for terra to confirm though, I don't want to give out bad information.

Leave a comment:

• MSSAddict
    replied

You have to read your full binary then load the same full binary you just read then press RSA BYPASS SLOW.
    If you are going to be writing full programs in future , you will need to do another full read to get the full binary with RSA bypass intact in your read. Your original full read will not have the RSA bypass.

I would do it just to have a backup.

Otherwise, you can work off your partial binary and flash tunes. cuz your not working in the program space anymore.

omhl Ah ok πŸ‘Œ thank You

Leave a comment:

• omhl
    replied
    Originally posted by MSSAddict View Post
    terra hi
    I'm waiting for my D-CAN bimmergeek cable, for now I have read my partial file and my fullbinary, if I want to flash a modified partial file (by myself), I have to load the new partial file, then on #advanced # then I have to flash the RSA BY PASS (slow), I wait about 15 min for it to be finished, and I can flash my new modified partial file, is that correct please?
    the tool is new I discover the software πŸ˜…
    Thank you to you and to all the people who participated from the loan or from far away in this fabulous tool
    You have to read your full binary then load the same full binary you just read then press RSA BYPASS SLOW. What it does is that it takes your FULL BIN you just read and changes some values for checksum. I actually compared the read before and after RSA bypass so I know the full binary gets changed after the bypass. From what I read from past, the way the algo tricking works is that checksums runs for x amount of time on a section of the program space - all the rsa bypass does is it tricks it into calculating it correctly until time runs out?

I would do it just to have a backup anyways.

Last edited by omhl; 04-22-2020, 07:54 PM.

Leave a comment:

• MSSAddict
    replied
    terra
    Thank you for your quick reply
    I preferred to buy a bimmergeek cable all the same, if I flash a Fullbinary of 5120ko which I modified with the tool of Martyn , should I flash the RSA By Pass for a fullbinary please?or just flash directly as a partial file?
    thank You

Leave a comment:

• MSSAddict
    replied
    Martyn
    And I also want to thank Martyn who always answers questions with passion, he’s a very serious and very helpful person, he also develops fantastic tools
    thx
    Chris///

Leave a comment:

• terra
    replied
    If you have an MSS65, then all you have to do is flash the modified partial. No need to mess with any RSA Bypass or anything like that. For an MSS60, you need the RSA Bypass. Fast version will take about 12-15 minutes, slow version will take about twice as long. End result should be the same either way.

If your car is a D-CAN car (September 2007 or newer E60/E63, or any E9x M3), then you need the bimmergeeks cable in order to do a flash.

Leave a comment:

• MSSAddict
    replied
    terra hi
    I'm waiting for my D-CAN bimmergeek cable, for now I have read my partial file and my fullbinary, if I want to flash a modified partial file (by myself), I have to load the new partial file, then on #advanced # then I have to flash the RSA BY PASS (slow), I wait about 15 min for it to be finished, and I can flash my new modified partial file, is that correct please?
    the tool is new I discover the software πŸ˜…
    Thank you to you and to all the people who participated from the loan or from far away in this fabulous tool

Leave a comment:

• terra
    replied
    Is there flash counter for MSS60 using your tool? I know in WINKFP UIF writes records it or something.

I shoulda asked that first before going ham.
    MSS6x doesn't have a flash counter. There is a UIF limit unlike some other newer BMW DMEs, but this app won't touch the UIF. Even if you did max out the UIF limit, you could still flash the DME, you just wouldn't be able to change the reported software number, VIN, etc.

Leave a comment:

• omhl
    replied
    Is there flash counter for MSS60 using your tool? I know in WINKFP UIF writes records it or something.

I shoulda asked that first before going ham.

Leave a comment:

• terra
    replied
    Minor update to the app. Only new function is when you read the ISN from the MSS65, it'll show the CAS format in addition to the DME format (like below). Otherwise some typo fixes.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ISN.png
Views:	776
Size:	18.5 KB
ID:	15910

Leave a comment:

• omhl
    replied
    Yep, comfort mode. I did a Program Update 7848137 to 7854376. So I'm fairly confident that the entire program space was overwritten.

i'll give another crack at this. Terra's post #79 is really helpful

It was a problem with my XDF lol. sorry user mistake and reminds me that I need to double check my work.
    Last edited by omhl; 04-22-2020, 07:48 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X