X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CF-CarParts Motorsport
    replied
    beastpilot where are you from?
    If you from Germany, send (or come locally with) ecu + ews modul to us and we can recover it or at least resync ecu with ews . If interested write a pn.
    About BDM:wikipedia.org/wiki/Background_debug_mode_interface
    In MSS65 / MSS60 there are two seperate MPC56x processors (one injection side other is ignition side and both communicate together).
    So you have to read both sides mpc and flash seperate via bdm pad.
    In early MSS60 isn't bdm lock. In later onces ~ 2009 and above there is bdm "lock" but there are ways to get around, also terra got the solution (he mentioned early in this threader).

Leave a comment:

• beastpilot
    replied
    I have an MSS65, not an MSS60, so I believe all of those can be BDM'd from what I read. I understand no cable is 100%- just mentioned to show that I wasn't using a guarantee brick cable.

Can someone point me to a good resource to learn about BDM programming? My google searches are failing me. Is BDM any different than JTAG?

I'm only trying to fix one, and a used ECU is only $200, so it's not worth spending a bunch on a programmer, but of course I might kill the new one too, so I'd rather BDM. I'm pretty skilled at soldering so I don't need all the frames, I can just tag some wires on.

Leave a comment:

• Tomba
    replied
    Originally posted by beastpilot View Post
    I appear to have bricked my MSS65 in a 2008 M5.
    It's not the cable- I read the ECU, turned off cold start, and programmed it back. Worked fine. I programmed the cable with EdbiasLib firmware personally.
    Turns out I liked the cold start. I put it back and re-programmed.
    In the middle of the program I got an "unable to set address," so I re-started. Seemed to work fine, went through the whole process normally. This was a full flash, not tune.
    However, when I power cycled, I got no fuel pump prime.
    The DME flasher says "unknown/unsupported" when I try and connect again. It just appears to not be talking at all.
    The DME comes up red in ISTA as missing. I tried Tool32 and it can't find the ECU. It finds other modules.

The engine does crank, just never starts. I think this is CAS though.

I'm pretty handy with electronics. Can I recover a MSS65 from the inside? What kind of BDM programmer do I need? I'm an EE so I have all sorts of JTAG and other stuff around.

If I just grab another ECU, will I have an issue re-programming it or anything with CAS, given I have the full original backup?
    I bricked a MSS60. Used a non EdiabasLib cable, very stupid. I ordered BimmerGeeks cable and needed to flash a M5.2 ECU. That one aborted half way for no reason. Then used my ICOM to do the job. For me a cable with EdiabasLib firmware isn't 100% safe. Back up tools are a must for me. Unfortunately MSS60 isn't BDM able yet for all versions.
    I also have a hard time to unlock ECUs with the latest software version on it. Kess isn't able to unlock them.

For your problem,
    Get your hands on BDM programmer. With your full read I would suspect you can "repair" the current files in the ECU. I personally have MagicMotorsport equipment. But cost wise I wouldn't suspect you buy the full package. Search for KTAG, these should be able to read your ECU. Might consider soldering BDM headers on your ECU or a BDM frame with adapter.

Leave a comment:

• beastpilot
    replied
    I appear to have bricked my MSS65 in a 2008 M5.
    It's not the cable- I read the ECU, turned off cold start, and programmed it back. Worked fine. I programmed the cable with EdbiasLib firmware personally.
    Turns out I liked the cold start. I put it back and re-programmed.
    In the middle of the program I got an "unable to set address," so I re-started. Seemed to work fine, went through the whole process normally. This was a full flash, not tune.
    However, when I power cycled, I got no fuel pump prime.
    The DME flasher says "unknown/unsupported" when I try and connect again. It just appears to not be talking at all.
    The DME comes up red in ISTA as missing. I tried Tool32 and it can't find the ECU. It finds other modules.

The engine does crank, just never starts. I think this is CAS though.

I'm pretty handy with electronics. Can I recover a MSS65 from the inside? What kind of BDM programmer do I need? I'm an EE so I have all sorts of JTAG and other stuff around.

If I just grab another ECU, will I have an issue re-programming it or anything with CAS, given I have the full original backup?
    Last edited by beastpilot; 03-16-2021, 10:47 PM.

Leave a comment:

• CF-CarParts Motorsport
    replied
    Epoustouflant
    Yes . Today get my hands on M3 E92 and I can tell you it works also there.
    CAS can be delete and bridge relays to fire up. For the moment only for manual cars, for DKG need think about
    get around ISN problem with DKG and CAS delete.

Andy2424
    We are based near Stuttgart, BW, Germany.
    For questions feel free to sent messages.

Goals now is to test other versions and progress with encryption and the possibility to add to the tool .
    Locking ECU is solved but the struggle is to share and keep the stuff in the same time 😅.
    If anybody gets ideas or hints (I also got some for testing) please give me a message.

Leave a comment:

• ccfj1
    replied
    Originally posted by pshoey View Post

I can add functionality to the flasher - what do we want to add? Let's get a list going.
    The only ones I can think of that would be handy would be

1: Cold start delete
    2: Sync ISN to CAS (I know this one may not be possible, so maybe at least display the ISN)
    3: Change Vin

I have a s60 2008 M3 DME on the bench, I'll be flashing (with icom) to latest Firmeware, then dumping the dme with the flasher, I also have one of Maryns ediabaslib leads, so writing back should be no problem.

Happy to help test new options.
    Last edited by ccfj1; 03-11-2021, 11:37 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Jony787
    replied
    I got my hands on a e92 m3 and I love it but im having issues with cas and I need to replace it.
    I have galleto v54 and a dcan cable that just loaded ediabaslib ( is there a way to check if is loaded propertly?)

Is there a difference between v54 full load and your software full load???. Also the v54 pulls a warning that a full read and full write need to happen before any changes made, Im gessing this is the RSA bypass?

bimmergeeks cable on its wake just to be safe.

I would like to know the process of rewriting the SK or leaving it in blank to let a new cas alignment write a new sk to dme.

I understand the point of reading the sk but it it it will be nice to have proper procedure of editing and writing it back. Maybe implemented on software?

My m3 is 2008

thanks in advance for any help provided.

Leave a comment:

• pshoey
    replied
    Originally posted by ccfj1 View Post
    Are there any plans to extend the tool?? (like code options etc (cold start delete etc)).
    Originally posted by terra View Post
    Honestly, I’m busy enough nowadays that I don’t really have time to add functionality. But if anyone else wants to, the source code is there.
    I can add functionality to the flasher - what do we want to add? Let's get a list going.

Leave a comment:

• Andy2424
    replied
    Originally posted by CF-CarParts Motorsport View Post
    Hi Mates,

Greetings from a bimmer enthusiast from germany and hope all of you got healthy times.
    Hi, where is your home Base?

Leave a comment:

• Epoustouflant
    replied
    That is absolutely amazing news.

Leave a comment:

• CF-CarParts Motorsport
    replied
    Hi Mates,
    First: I don't know if it's allowed to post, because it's a kind of teaser and advertise so if it isn't okay please mention me and delete it.

I am very happy to tell you that we got a tested and working MSS65 Immo off .
    In fact of MSS60 and MSS65 are siblings and for bench test (because for the moment I can`t grab my no hands on an M3) also works for S65B40 and the solution are nearly the same.
    True and full EWS / CAS delete. It is tested on several sw-versions of MSS65 (will test all of em in real).
    For moments it's just tested in E60 M5 but we are building also adapter harnesses for swaps (E28, E30, E36, E46...) and in next months engine swap of S85B50 is done to a E3x Chassis and also harness is ready for playing .
    So really easy plug and play standalone solutions will come for reasonable prices (~40% of known solutions from competitors).

For the moment I am very busy with finding all the rest needens for swap modification in code, I got nearly all stuff sorted out.
    Also I am thinking about a way to protect, encrypt the solution (because we doing business with this) but be able to integrate in Martyns Tool so all of you can solve it easily - for the moment just to get your hands by sending ecu and ecu will be locked by code and mechanically.

Just for a hint (and maybe there are also other ways) but we solve it in left side of ecu .

In fact of we also got several and good knowledge in tune this BMW NA Engines I am maybe able to help you out in this place. If some of you need any help with don't hesitate to ask .
    If I got time I help you out (series engines, tuned (decat, plenum mods and also for annoying pop and bang stuff).

Greetings from a bimmer enthusiast from germany and hope all of you got healthy times.

Leave a comment:

• terra
    replied
    Honestly, I’m busy enough nowadays that I don’t really have time to add functionality. But if anyone else wants to, the source code is there.

Leave a comment:

• ccfj1
    replied
    Great tool Terra...many thanks

Have a e9x s60 dme turning up this week, will try this with my bench.

Are there any plans to extend the tool?? (like code options etc (cold start delete etc)).
    Last edited by ccfj1; 03-08-2021, 04:29 AM.

Leave a comment:

• pshoey
    replied
    Don't know about the MHD cable but definitely not ICOM as the EdiabasLib library doesn't support ICOM.

Leave a comment:

• kmn1235
    replied
    You guys know if MHD/XHP cable is EdiabasLib compliant so I could use that cable to flash MSS6X safely? How about ICOM?
    Last edited by kmn1235; 02-26-2021, 02:46 AM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X