X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GottaEvilM5
    replied
    I am pretty inexperienced with all this but have spent the last 30 straight hours doing research. Here is my dilemma: My DME incurred water damage so a friend sent me a virginized one matching mine. Somewhere along the way, the CAS never got synced to the "new" DME. Now, when I try to sync them, whether in ISTA, INPA or whatever, I am hiut with a message saying starting value is incorrect. I happened to stumble onto a checkbox in the binary modification tool reading "EWS delete-swapping DME's" (I'm paraphrasing lol) so I ticked the box and flashed the tune onto the DME. I again atrtempted to sync the modules using INPA, ISTA, and even BimmerGeeks ProTool with my THOR dongle, all to no avail. I am on an MSS65 running 160E in a 2007 M5 SMG. Has anyone else tried to erase the EWS with any success? Am I missing a step somewhere? Finally, would it just be easier if I went another route to 'wipe' the virgin DME with WinKFP, Tool32, or something like that? Please bear in mind that the bulk of my experience lies in ISTA and ProTool. I am a coding guy, not a programming guy... I appreciate AL of this irreplaceable and amazing software, expertise and feedback! You guys RULE!

ALSO - I read earlier in this thread that with an older (non-LCI) MSS65 that I would not need an RSA bypaa in order to obtain my ISN. However, when I click the option in the program, it requires me to use an RSA bypass. I am trying to avoid that for fear of bricking a SECOND DME in this car...

UPDATE: I just did the full read from the advanced menu, after that I tried to read my ISN butit still says I need an RSA. I tried to flash an RSA bypass but the button was greyed out. So I clicked on read tune and again tried for an RSA bypass but the button was still greyed out. Can somebody PLEASE tell me what I am missing/doing wrong?? Many thanks...

-Dane
    Last edited by GottaEvilM5; 06-26-2023, 08:57 AM.

Leave a comment:

• MPowerZ32
    replied
    Originally posted by Martyn View Post
    You get this issue when the DME has been updated but the AIF hasnt. Easy fix is just to reflash with WinKFP again ensuring AIF updates are ticked in the options.
    Thanks for the quick response. This is clearly a learning opportunity as I have not used WinKFP before. A tuner had updated my DME to 241E years ago. I will try to reflash soon.

Leave a comment:

• Martyn
    replied
    You get this issue when the DME has been updated but the AIF hasnt. Easy fix is just to reflash with WinKFP again ensuring AIF updates are ticked in the options.

Leave a comment:

• MPowerZ32
    replied
    Hi,

I'm running into a weird issue where the full read by MSS6XFlasher is considered outdated/unsupported by the Binary Modification Tool. My DME is already on 241E. Please see the attached images. This full image was read as one of the steps detailed here: https://www.ecuworx.co.uk/how-to/tak...mss6x-flasher/ . There were no errors/issues while executing all the steps in that article. Any insight?

Click image for larger version  Name:	MSS60_Bin_Outdated.png Views:	0 Size:	21.5 KB ID:	221124
    Click image for larger version  Name:	MSSFlasher-Ident.png Views:	0 Size:	6.1 KB ID:	221123

Thanks!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by MPowerZ32; 06-08-2023, 05:18 PM.

Leave a comment:

• nymike
    replied
    Hello everyone,
    First of amazing work. Great program. I have a question regarding flashing back to stock. I did my tune 2 years ago and saved full backup file 5mb size. Flashed my m3 with tune and drove it for 2 years. Now selling the car and putting it back stock. So I load up my saved full backup and click flash tune or flash programm ? I did rsa bypass when I flashed it first time .

Leave a comment:

• George Hill
    replied
    Thanks to terra and Martyn as well as everyone else who had a hand in this project. I just successfully deleted EWS on an MSS65 and the process was so painless. I'm really looking forward to the avenues this opens up in the future.​

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0283.jpg
Views:	601
Size:	129.0 KB
ID:	212815

Leave a comment:

• sangria
    replied
    Originally posted by Tomba View Post
    For each ECU you do 1 time RSA bypass and then use the Tune to modify.
    If ECU is updated by dealer or original tool (WinKFP) you will need to do the RSA bypass again.

I don't know the location of the ISN (EWS code) and I don't know if you can copy the ISN and paste it in your 2nd hand ECU file and flash it by OBD. Some others here might know it.
    Yeah i didnt know that. I was doing RSA bypass per flash with the existing bin files regardless of full or tune. Now i know, i can easily make the change and just flash without bypass. I dont think i will ever go to dealer since it has been 9 years without it and i dont think anyting better coming from the 241E either Thank u brother!

Leave a comment:

• Tomba
    replied
    For each ECU you do 1 time RSA bypass and then use the Tune to modify.
    If ECU is updated by dealer or original tool (WinKFP) you will need to do the RSA bypass again.

I don't know the location of the ISN (EWS code) and I don't know if you can copy the ISN and paste it in your 2nd hand ECU file and flash it by OBD. Some others here might know it.

Leave a comment:

• sangria
    replied
    Hello fam,
    I have a friend who bricked the DME by flashing the DME using MSS6x Flasher with a wrong cable. And seems like it is bricked. He is going to get a used DME. He has the back up from the previous DME with EWS file. Can the used DME be flashed with MSS6x using his previous back up to recover the mess or needs special tool to inject the EWS on the "used" DME?

My theory was that we can flash the used DME with his VIN using winkfp then use MSS6x to flash with old back up.

IGNORE THE FIRST SECTION :

After carefully reading the entire post, i realize i need BDM flash with the original back up!. Thank you. Now i need to ask one other thing. I just done another RSA by pass on my MSS60 with the existing back up file and after the process done, i was able to flash the tune file and i realize the tune file i have actually had cold start off. Do i have to do the RSA by pass again before i inject the edited tune file? Or i can just do the tune flash without RSA By pass? (I already remove the laptop from the vehicle to test the cold start then realize cold start still off)

To answer my own question for the future reference : i have a modified tune file (128kb) and also have edited full bin file for the cold start, SAP, Speed limit etc. My edited full bin file now edited for the second time with cold start and SAP activated again. I never did another full read since the first one like years ago, i am playing around with the existing bin file since then.

I first loaded the edited full bin file to the flasher. Then did RSA bypass. It is accepted and went smooth for the second time today. Then was ready to flash the tune file. I then loaded the same edited binary file with the cold start and SAP ON and flashed it. After flashing done,it said tune flashed succesfully, i then loaded my tune file which is 128kb, I clicked the Flash Tune and that one also went smooth. So i am assuming now my Cold Start and SAP is ON . I cant start the vehicle at 1am but will confirm tomorrow. The reason i did 2 different flash is, the tune file contains xpipe correction for the bimmerworld and i didnt write that one. So this showing me that you can flash the MSS60 Tune file (128kb) without RSA ByPass. If i am wrong please correct me! But Thank you for this software Terra!
    Last edited by sangria; 02-16-2023, 09:28 PM.

Leave a comment:

• ppm008
    replied
    Edit:
    i got it
    Last edited by ppm008; 02-14-2023, 08:12 AM.

Leave a comment:

• ppm008
    replied
    xk thanx
    Setting Path to COM1 was the trick
    mss6x_flasher works great

Leave a comment:

• Martyn
    replied
    Ensure the path is correct under 'ecuPath' and you can try setting "port" to COM1 in MSS6x Flasher.exe.config

Also ensure Ediabaslib is in the same folder as MSS6x Flasher.

Leave a comment:

• ppm008
    replied
    Yes, INPA; Toolset and Winkfpt are working like a charme.

So I only have to start mss6xflasher.exe, nothing else to do ?
    MSS65 uses KCAN and not DCAN.
    Ediabas cable is on COM1, although in OBD.ini.
    ediabas.ini ist on STD:OBD

But I read in MSS6x Flasher.exe.config:
    ="Port" value="FTDI0"

I guess FTDI0 is USB to Serial

Last edited by ppm008; 02-14-2023, 01:24 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Tomba
    replied
    Originally posted by ppm008 View Post
    Thanx
    But no chance
    So INPA works but the flasher doesn't?

Leave a comment:

• ppm008
    replied
    Thanx
    But no chance