X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Verner
    replied
    Hi, Great SW, (I have done another MSS60 before). This time also MSS60.
    Problem is that this car newer finish read, instead it start again reading as a loop, both full and maps read. Tested with BimmerGeek expert and own made Ediabaslib inpa cable, Two different Win10 laptops. Both has Ediabas ecu files.
    I readed maps example about 10x, one time it save file. But I can't write without Full+RSA-patch. I donn't have time to try 10x full read.
    I tested write ori maps back, it flash maps two times before end succesfully.
    Also one time ignition was off, no lights on dash, still it keeps reading.
    Whats is wrong?​

Edit. Working now. I was too busy to wait.
    If somebody want do cold start disable, please send message.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Verner; 08-08-2023, 08:30 AM.

Leave a comment:

• --Aramis--
    replied
    Finaly all is OK, it's just an offset in the address, we have compared a MSS6xflasher full bin with à Dimsport bin that it seems just a partial read

Leave a comment:

• --Aramis--
    replied
    Hi All,

I'm from France,

I have a 2007 M3 manual with (i suppose) an ESS map, retrieve as 240E by MSS6x Flasher but impossible to read, i have got this message "“Something went wrong, please try again” ​" when i have tried to read it.

so with winkfp and daten V60 i have writen an OEM 241E map and program with success (car start and drive 150 km)

after that i have done a full read with MSS6x Flasher with success (1h read time)

i have begin to try to identify maps with winOLS but i could'nt find any values at "standards" offset (Vmax, manual gearbox ratio, ignition timings) and when i found one axis scales and datas are Inconsistent

We have to compare the map with a friend that have an another tool (dimsport new genius) and with his car map and we find that the map are not the same size (his file 5,25Mo and mine 5,00 Mo) and the dimsport tool says there is a problem with ram size in my map extracted by MSS6x Flasher, see capture after

I don't have done the RSA bypass write with MSS6x Flasher, is it the origin of the problem?

What do you think or advice about this case?

I want to do some modification with Ecuworks in the first time but if the full read is corrupted i don't want to modify it and rewrite it in the MSS60...

I think before i write it i would be able to find "standard" value via winols at the commons offset for them

terra and MpowerE36 and others if you have any advices, thanks

Click image for larger version  Name:	dimsport_map.png Views:	0 Size:	710.2 KB ID:	226857

Here my full BIN

Last edited by --Aramis--; 07-27-2023, 09:20 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Nick_E92
    replied
    Hey yall, new to custom tuning but trying to learn as much as possible. have used all off the shelf flashers and am a computer science major in collage right now. Want to learn more and dive deeper into the E92 M3 i got just a few months ago. Before i had an n54 (still do) and have learned a lot there doing all the work myself. want to learn more about the s65. Does anyone have an XDF file for the MSS60 i could use in TunerPro to begin looking at the parameters. i have done a full read on MSS6X Quickflash and have my bin here. Thanks. I have done a primary cat delete with macht schnell test pipes and want to kill the codes for emissions. as well begin learning how to pull a bit more power and exhaust overrun single crack when i shift (manual transmission.) Id love to talk over the phone if anyone has some free time to teach or ill be on the look out here as well. 770-880-8525

Leave a comment:

• MpowerE36
    replied
    I did it 2 years ago and I confirm that it is not easy. Here my topic about it :

Hi, I tried to read via OBD the MSS60 of friend which has an ESS tuning compressor on his engine but it seems to be OBD locked. MSS6x flasher succeeds to identify the ECU but when I click on “Read Tune”, I have “Something went wrong, please try again” (see picture attached). terra do you know what can cause this

Leave a comment:

• terra
    replied
    Originally posted by MARQAW View Post
    I’m working on MSS60 that might be OBD locked..

I Bench read with HEXTAG left and right side..

is there a known way to unlock these without losing the current tune…or will I have to re-flash with winkfp to get OBD read and write enabled again.
    I don’t want to say it’s impossible, but it’s not trivial. The read function is programmed to return all FFs if you force the DME into a non-running state, and the program can’t be overwritten without erasing the tune.

Leave a comment:

• MARQAW
    replied
    I’m working on MSS60 that might be OBD locked..

I Bench read with HEXTAG left and right side..

is there a known way to unlock these without losing the current tune…or will I have to re-flash with winkfp to get OBD read and write enabled again.

Leave a comment:

• desmo01
    replied
    ALRIGHT. As I am not a TOTAL idiot, I did originally read the ECU program/tune out when I started. This will come up later.

So I did a full read after reflashing with WinKFP (errors present). Went to load this read into the flasher and no dice.

SO, I then loaded up the original full program file (1st read if you will), and it loaded fine into the flasher. It loaded in no problem, so went ahead and flashed the RSA bypass, and flashed the original program file/tune into the ECU.
    Success! No errors, normal redline, car started fine.

So then I loaded up the program file I originally modified with Martyn's tool (on 1st read file) and flashed that.
    Again, success (god it's nice the cold start is gone).

Much happier.

Terra and Martyn thank you all so much for coming out with these tools, I have 2 85s and now an S65 and I would not do so without your tools being out there. Again thank you.
    If you all find yourselves in Ohio please advise so I can buy the beer!

When executing the RSA bypass (and all the other work) this time I did it with a different computer (same cable). I think the root cause to my original issue was something fucghky with my software setup in my other computer.

Turns out garbage in, garbage out.....is a thing....

Regards to all.

Leave a comment:

• desmo01
    replied
    This is the original full read I used to start the RSA bypass. I will do another tonight and upload as well. Just change attachment back to bin.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• MpowerE36
    replied
    Try to do a full read of your ecu with mss6xflasher and upload it here. We will check it.
    Last edited by MpowerE36; 07-11-2023, 09:58 PM.

Leave a comment:

• desmo01
    replied
    Ugh I screwed this up.

I use this software flasher and Martyn's tool on my M5's no issue. I have screwed up my M3 bigly though I think. I tried to do the RSA bypass, but it ran for like 50 minutes and would not complete. So I stopped it. Uhoh.

Car would not start would just crank. Was able to get basic info out of it in INPA, and eventually flashed it with WinKFP.

It's a manual E92, so I flashed 7854376 ZUSB. Car now will start, but gives 4500 redline and 27A0, 2B54 fault codes (control unit internal fault). I'd really like to get the car going with Martyn's tool ECU changes in it and could really use some help.

Any of you guys ( terra , Martyn ) have any ideas? Did I brick the damn thing??
    Oh, and I'm using a bimmergeeks cable I got a few years back.
    Last edited by desmo01; 07-11-2023, 09:21 PM.

Leave a comment:

• GottaEvilM5
    replied
    Originally posted by Martyn View Post
    If you've disabled the EWS with my software then the car should start and CAS sync isnt required.
    Thanks for replying to my post Martyn. After posting that, I decided to start over. So I flashed the entire tune again and the car is now running. I am getting a few error codes but I have not yet had time to work through them. Just want to say - a thousand thanks to everyone who contributed and spent time on this software. It is absolutely invaluable and I greatly appreciate you all...
    -Dane

Leave a comment:

• Martyn
    replied
    If you've disabled the EWS with my software then the car should start and CAS sync isnt required.

Leave a comment:

• GottaEvilM5
    replied
    I am pretty inexperienced with all this but have spent the last 30 straight hours doing research. Here is my dilemma: My DME incurred water damage so a friend sent me a virginized one matching mine. Somewhere along the way, the CAS never got synced to the "new" DME. Now, when I try to sync them, whether in ISTA, INPA or whatever, I am hiut with a message saying starting value is incorrect. I happened to stumble onto a checkbox in the binary modification tool reading "EWS delete-swapping DME's" (I'm paraphrasing lol) so I ticked the box and flashed the tune onto the DME. I again atrtempted to sync the modules using INPA, ISTA, and even BimmerGeeks ProTool with my THOR dongle, all to no avail. I am on an MSS65 running 160E in a 2007 M5 SMG. Has anyone else tried to erase the EWS with any success? Am I missing a step somewhere? Finally, would it just be easier if I went another route to 'wipe' the virgin DME with WinKFP, Tool32, or something like that? Please bear in mind that the bulk of my experience lies in ISTA and ProTool. I am a coding guy, not a programming guy... I appreciate AL of this irreplaceable and amazing software, expertise and feedback! You guys RULE!

ALSO - I read earlier in this thread that with an older (non-LCI) MSS65 that I would not need an RSA bypaa in order to obtain my ISN. However, when I click the option in the program, it requires me to use an RSA bypass. I am trying to avoid that for fear of bricking a SECOND DME in this car...

UPDATE: I just did the full read from the advanced menu, after that I tried to read my ISN butit still says I need an RSA. I tried to flash an RSA bypass but the button was greyed out. So I clicked on read tune and again tried for an RSA bypass but the button was still greyed out. Can somebody PLEASE tell me what I am missing/doing wrong?? Many thanks...

-Dane
    Last edited by GottaEvilM5; 06-26-2023, 08:57 AM.

Leave a comment:

• MPowerZ32
    replied
    Originally posted by Martyn View Post
    You get this issue when the DME has been updated but the AIF hasnt. Easy fix is just to reflash with WinKFP again ensuring AIF updates are ticked in the options.
    Thanks for the quick response. This is clearly a learning opportunity as I have not used WinKFP before. A tuner had updated my DME to 241E years ago. I will try to reflash soon.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X