Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love this tool. Will it ever have as many features as the MSS5x flasher?

Comment

Originally posted by TP1984 View Post
      I love this tool. Will it ever have as many features as the MSS5x flasher?
      Any particular features you’re looking for? I am quite busy with work these days, but I can probably add something simple.

In any case, it’s completely open source, anyone can add anything to it if they so desire.

Comment

Hey guys, trying the MSS Flasher and it works just great so far. Today I got a weird error after doing the full read and trying to flash it back, saying "Injection and Ignition tunes do not match".. The car is supercharged. The MSS Flasher wouldn't let me flash the tune with or without the changes I did on Binary Modification Tool. Don't really know what's up or what can I do to flash changes it into my car because of this error.

I'm guessing it's an internal check built in MSS Flasher, however the tune came from the car and is working completely 100% right, so I just wanted to enable cold start and flash it back in.. But now I'm stuck with this.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.
        Last edited by kmn1235; 08-04-2022, 06:45 AM.

Comment

I've seen this before, I manually had to change the software reference in the tune so both sides matched, it then flashed in fine.

Comment

Do you think its useful to add a feature for the M models that blocks the ignition and fuel for a time of maybe some seconds before the engine really starts based on oil temp or water temp? I mean if the oil temp or water temp higher then X degree then the engine should start like normal.

If u are not driving a week or longer the oil pump needs some seconds to oil coated every part in a cold engine. Maybe it could help to keep alive the rod bearings and other parts inside much longer.

Comment

My buddy and I just flashed a tune onto a 04/2010 M6 using a non bimmergeeks kdcan cable, the flash said it was successful but we now have DME related codes/ multiple module codes/ limp mode:

2B54 Control module internal fault
              27A0 Control unit internal

We used the same cable to flash the stock full read my buddy pulled and it says that it flashed successfully but we have the same DME issues/limp mode. The "full" read is only 128kb so I'm not sure if that's correct or not.

He and I both have the bimmergeeks cable and both cables will NOT communicate with MSS6X Flasher or even INPA, both cables will communicate with my buddies 2 M5's, both MY 2007.

We are getting nowhere currently and in need of some help.

Thanks.
              2004 Silbergrau Metallic 6MT
              Karbonius/OEM Snorkel/Flap/HTE Tuned
              Ssv1/Catted Sec. 1/SS 2.5" Sec. 2/SCZA

OE CSL Bootlid/AS SSK/BC Coils/4.10 Gears/ Sportline 8S Wheels/Cobra Nogaros
              RACP Plates/Vincebar/CMP/Turner RTAB/Beisan

2006 M6 Black Saphire SMG
              Instagram

Comment

Use the bimmergeeks cable to flash back to stock with Winkfp.

Comment

Originally posted by Martyn View Post
                  Use the bimmergeeks cable to flash back to stock with Winkfp.
                  Thanks, will try that tomorrow, I hope the bimmergeeks cable works with winKFP.

I don't understand why the cable works fine with INPA/ISTA etc. on an E46 M3/ two different 2007 M5's but not a 2010 M6.

Edit: Got the cable to work by changing an ini file in edbias
                  Last edited by Cubieman; 09-17-2022, 10:07 AM.
                  2004 Silbergrau Metallic 6MT
                  Karbonius/OEM Snorkel/Flap/HTE Tuned
                  Ssv1/Catted Sec. 1/SS 2.5" Sec. 2/SCZA

OE CSL Bootlid/AS SSK/BC Coils/4.10 Gears/ Sportline 8S Wheels/Cobra Nogaros
                  RACP Plates/Vincebar/CMP/Turner RTAB/Beisan

2006 M6 Black Saphire SMG
                  Instagram

Comment

Hey guys, maybe somebody know if there will be more features coming soon for the mss6x flasher? And is it possible to read/write a 2011 DME which is tuned before with a custom flash?

I want to buy everthing i need for this tools, but before it starts i have to know this.

thanks!

Comment

I had flashed my 2008 e92 m3 s65 with mss6x flasher
                      took the full backup, injected the bypass, all went smooth.

I then Flashed it again with 1 byte changed for immo off.
                      it also was successful..

However my whole initial reason for doing all this was because i was having issues syncing my dme/cas, and engine was cranking but not starting.

I read about the immo off solution to bypass the syncing requirement, so i thought id give it a go.

The modified flash was also successfully, but engine still was not starting.

So I then eventually attempted an update with winkfp to bring it back to stock, and it got to 100% and errorer out.

Now it's not responding in winkfp

Please tell me my ecu isn't permanently fucked
                      Last edited by binary420; 11-05-2022, 05:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by binary420 View Post
                        I had flashed my 2008 e92 m3 s65 with mss6x flasher
                        took the full backup, injected the bypass, all went smooth.

I then Flashed it again with 1 byte changed for immo off.
                        it also was successful..

However my whole initial reason for doing all this was because i was having issues syncing my dme/cas, and engine was cranking but not starting.

I read about the immo off solution to bypass the syncing requirement, so i thought id give it a go.

The modified flash was also successfully, but engine still was not starting.

So I then eventually attempted an update with winkfp to bring it back to stock, and it got to 100% and errorer out.

Now it's not responding in winkfp

Please tell me my ecu isn't permanently fucked
                        Does MSS6XFlasher succeed to identify your dme ?
                        https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwN...zf45mXp6PDOCzA

Comment

Originally posted by MpowerE36 View Post

Sadly no

Comment

Is there any way to auto recover with Battery reset or similar? Or can it be recovered on bench? Luckily I have the full backup but I'd prefer to fix this one if at all possible

Comment

Originally posted by binary420 View Post

Sadly no
                              So yes your dme is bricked. The only way to recover it is to write a full binary via bdm. Do you know if your injection processor is bdm locked ?
                              https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwN...zf45mXp6PDOCzA

Comment

So yes your dme is bricked. The only way to recover it is to write a full binary via bdm. Do you know if your injection processor is bdm locked ?
                                I tried reading it with tool32 ident, and winkfp, and scan tool but nothing could read it.

Then I tried for shits and giggles with an older program in bmwkiller software package, and it showed something in German saying "~~german~~blocked" so that might be what yr referring to.

I have a x431 scanner and an xprog3 programmer can this be performed with that or I gotta order a different programmer

And then is there any guide / walk through for performing this unlock

In other words no I don't know if its locked.
                                I had flashed the rsa bypass previously though so unless winkfp added it back then should b unlocked
                                Last edited by binary420; 11-06-2022, 09:07 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X