This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's odd. It worked fine.

I went to the E92, identify DME, then 'read tune'. It reads it and saves it on the drive.
    Then I went to the E90, identify DME, then 'read tune'. It reads it as well.

So now all I have to do is go to the E90, take file from the E92 and 'load tune'?

Comment

If both ECU have a custom tune the RSA bypass is already installed and so you just have to load the correct tune and push "flash tune".

Comment

Originally posted by alfalfa View Post
        If both ECU have a custom tune the RSA bypass is already installed and so you just have to load the correct tune and push "flash tune".
        Assuming both ECUs are on the same program version

Comment

This is a bit confusing.

If one of my cars was not tuned, what are the steps?
          -flash the car with 240E software to coincide with the tuned car version
          -execute a 'rsa bypass' with the tool?
          -load tune
          ?

​​​​​I'm pretty happy I can enable cold start on the stroker engine now!

Comment

Originally posted by SYT_Shadow View Post
            This is a bit confusing.

If one of my cars was not tuned, what are the steps?
            -flash the car with 240E software to coincide with the tuned car version
            -execute a 'rsa bypass' with the tool?
            -load tune
            ?

​​​​​I'm pretty happy I can enable cold start on the stroker engine now!
            That would basically be the process, yes. If it’s on 241E, you could just use the 240E tune (they’re interchangeable)

Comment

terra hi

i send You a private message
              can You look please my message
              thank you

Comment

Originally posted by terra View Post

I don’t think so. The used dme I bought had a build date near there and was locked until I unlocked it.

If you’d be able to reflash your tune afterwards, I suppose you can restore to stock, do a full backup, unlock the dme, restore the backup, flash the tune, and then read the full contents over bdm.
                In theory we would indeed be able to reflash our tune afterwards, as we already had it to begin with.

I'm just not sure how to read it when the program says it cannot read

Comment

In theory we would indeed be able to reflash our tune afterwards, as we already had it to begin with.

I'm just not sure how to read it when the program says it cannot read
                  You'll have to read it via BDM after unlocking the DME.

Process would generally be:

1) Restore DME to stock and read that backup
                  2) Unlock the left CPU (this will delete the contents of that CPU in its entirety).
                  3) Restore your backup to that left CPU via BDM
                  4) Flash your tune back using your tuner's cable or whatever
                  5) Read the tune via BDM

From there, one could probably figure out what needs to be changed to allow OBD reads with the tuned program.

Comment

Hi whats the difference between the kdcan cable for s54 to s65

Comment

Originally posted by terra View Post

You'll have to read it via BDM after unlocking the DME.

Process would generally be:

1) Restore DME to stock and read that backup
                      2) Unlock the left CPU (this will delete the contents of that CPU in its entirety).
                      3) Restore your backup to that left CPU via BDM
                      4) Flash your tune back using your tuner's cable or whatever
                      5) Read the tune via BDM

From there, one could probably figure out what needs to be changed to allow OBD reads with the tuned program.
                      What is BDM?

Comment

What is BDM?
                        From Wikipedia:
                        "Background debug mode (BDM) interface is an electronic interface that allows debugging of embedded systems. Specifically, it provides in-circuit debugging functionality in microcontrollers. It requires a single wire and specialized electronics in the system being debugged. It appears in many Freescale Semiconductor products."

FWIW Freescale is the developer of the MPC563 processors used in the MSS60/65 DMEs. So those processors (and many, many, many others) implement BDM as a method for debugging.

BDM access requires removing the DME from the vehicle and opening the case. Access is usually through a set of pads on the circuit board. There are inexpensive clones of tools like KTAG which can be used to BDM read/write the MPC563. You will also need a device to allow stable contact with pads or you'll have to solder a header to them for that purpose.

Comment

Originally posted by dpaul View Post

From Wikipedia:
                          "Background debug mode (BDM) interface is an electronic interface that allows debugging of embedded systems. Specifically, it provides in-circuit debugging functionality in microcontrollers. It requires a single wire and specialized electronics in the system being debugged. It appears in many Freescale Semiconductor products."

FWIW Freescale is the developer of the MPC563 processors used in the MSS60/65 DMEs. So those processors (and many, many, many others) implement BDM as a method for debugging.

BDM access requires removing the DME from the vehicle and opening the case. Access is usually through a set of pads on the circuit board. There are inexpensive clones of tools like KTAG which can be used to BDM read/write the MPC563. You will also need a device to allow stable contact with pads or you'll have to solder a header to them for that purpose.
                          It doesn't sound like this is something I can do on my own

Comment

Great job guys. Still waiting for the D-kan cable to arrive. I have a bricked MSS60 that I'd like to unlock its large connector side mpc56x even if it means deleting entire content of cpu. Is there an option to do that?

Comment

HI,

CAN SOMEONE POST BENCH FLASHING PINOUT FOR MSS60 ?

Comment

Originally posted by nymike View Post
                                HI,

CAN SOMEONE POST BENCH FLASHING PINOUT FOR MSS60 ?
                                I have used this pinout for bench-connection with good success: see attached picture.
                                You will need to set your cable to D-CAN.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X