X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SYT_Shadow
    replied
    Originally posted by derbo View Post

My tunes were encrypted and it was unable to read them. I would imagine you would have the same issue?
    In order to find out all I have to do is try to read the tune? 'Read tune'?

Leave a comment:

• derbo
    replied
    Originally posted by SYT_Shadow View Post
    I have so many questions...

I bought the special bimmergeeks cable following the instructions in the OP. I probably already have 6 cables that would work but it's best not to brick the ECUs.

I have two E9X M3s, a 2013 6MT E92 and a 2011 DCT E90. Both have different aftermarket tunes on them. Originally the 2013 was the track car and has a catless tune, but now the situation is reversed. I would like to basically swap tunes.
    To do this, I 'read tune' from car 1, save the file, then go to car 2 and 'flash tune'?
    My tunes were encrypted and it was unable to read them. I would imagine you would have the same issue?

Leave a comment:

• SYT_Shadow
    replied
    I have so many questions...

I bought the special bimmergeeks cable following the instructions in the OP. I probably already have 6 cables that would work but it's best not to brick the ECUs.

I have two E9X M3s, a 2013 6MT E92 and a 2011 DCT E90. Both have different aftermarket tunes on them. Originally the 2013 was the track car and has a catless tune, but now the situation is reversed. I would like to basically swap tunes.
    To do this, I 'read tune' from car 1, save the file, then go to car 2 and 'flash tune'?

Leave a comment:

• MSSAddict
    replied
    Hi guys I have an MSS65, I read the left side today, but the right side I can't read it, my BDM is a KTAG, anyone know why please?
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    does anyone have the pinout for reading and writing on the table?

mss65

Leave a comment:

• Kaikane40
    replied
    Sweet!

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    have now ordered a cable with EdiabasLib firmware. thank you

Leave a comment:

• Martyn
    replied
    You can try and get the SK depending on whether its responding, I personally woudn't try writing with that cable though.
    Last edited by Martyn; 06-08-2020, 07:52 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    Originally posted by terra View Post

I need more information. What steps did you take, what cable do you have, are you using the latest version?
    I had to reflash the ECU in WinKFP.
    the ecu has water damage. can i get the ews. copy?
    I got cables from doitAuto. never had any problems with

Leave a comment:

• Edouard
    replied
    THX Terra work great

Leave a comment:

• tdott
    replied
    Originally posted by jumper View Post
    A big compliment to Terra
    For the less inclined, what is this showing?
    Is it a modified file being flashed with WinKFP?
    Was this after using a backup from MSSFlasher?

Leave a comment:

• jumper
    replied
    A big compliment to Terra

Leave a comment:

• terra
    replied
    Originally posted by TNLB7 View Post
    Hi, I see this question has been asked before (but as far as I can find hasn't been answered).

This seems like a great tool! I'm wondering if it's possible to use an ICOM instead of a K+DCAN cable (I have both but my K+DCAN cable is from one stop electronics).

Since normally flashing an ICOM with WinKFP etc. is considered to be safer... I would prefer this option if recommended. Do you have any experience with using an ICOM with your tool? And with your latest update the "Port setting" in the config file should be changed, right?
    Unfortunately no ICOM support since EdiabasLib doesn't support ICOM.

You should be able to leave the port setting alone unless you have multiple FTDI devices connected at the same time.

Leave a comment:

• TNLB7
    replied
    Hi, I see this question has been asked before (but as far as I can find hasn't been answered).

This seems like a great tool! I'm wondering if it's possible to use an ICOM instead of a K+DCAN cable (I have both but my K+DCAN cable is from one stop electronics).

Since normally flashing an ICOM with WinKFP etc. is considered to be safer... I would prefer this option if recommended. Do you have any experience with using an ICOM with your tool? And with your latest update the "Port setting" in the config file should be changed, right?

Leave a comment:

• jamam5
    replied
    All good ! on second try everything went ok. i was able to write tuned file with no problem . Thank you for this tool!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X