X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jamam5
    replied
    Read full from MSS60 , and tried to write same tune file ( not modified) and had error. Anything i did wrong ?

Leave a comment:

• jamam5
    replied
    BDM unfortunatly dont read one of the MPC . as i know its locked by BMW

Leave a comment:

• terra
    replied
    Originally posted by jamam5 View Post
    Hello , first of all thank you for this amazing app, i was able to read full data out of my damaged mss60 . Question , if i write this full data to other dme with same part number will it be full clone of my dme ?
    No the truly individual data is untouched. It's just the program that would be rewritten. You'd need a BDM tool to do the rest.

Leave a comment:

• jamam5
    replied
    Hello , first of all thank you for this amazing app, i was able to read full data out of my damaged mss60 . Question , if i write this full data to other dme with same part number will it be full clone of my dme ?

Leave a comment:

• terra
    replied
    Originally posted by Paddy View Post
    i have a problem with mss65

that happens when i make flash
    I need more information. What steps did you take, what cable do you have, are you using the latest version?

Leave a comment:

• 1984M3
    replied
    Originally posted by Paddy View Post

Did you figure it out? In the posts above with my mss60, I had to reflash the ECU in WinKFP. I've not yet re-attempted flashing (RSA Bypass) on version 1.0.0.3 yet.

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied

Leave a comment:

• terra
    replied
    Originally posted by tdott View Post
    Are there any limits to number of times you can flash a MSS6x ecu?
    There's a limited number of UIF writes, but that doesn't apply here. Otherwise it's just the physical limits of the flash itself (which will be on the order of 100k writes)

Leave a comment:

• tdott
    replied
    Are there any limits to number of times you can flash a MSS6x ecu?

Leave a comment:

• 1984M3
    replied
    Originally posted by terra View Post

Yeah I think the new version is worth a try. Seems like using the ftdi driver is a bit more stable for flashing.
    Thanks! Will try again then with the new version as soon as I can. Thanks for your help and guidance on this.

Leave a comment:

• terra
    replied
    Originally posted by 1984M3 View Post

Thanks Terra for your response. It reflashed in WinKFP. I should note that I was using version 1.0.0.2. Should I update to 1.0.0.3 and try again flashing the RSA bypass fast?
    Yeah I think the new version is worth a try. Seems like using the ftdi driver is a bit more stable for flashing.

Leave a comment:

• 1984M3
    replied
    Originally posted by terra View Post
    Does the dme respond at all in tool32 or inpa or WinKFP? If so try reflashing with WinKFP. I’d just use the update function - it’ll figure out the VIN and such from there on its own.

If it doesn’t send me the backup file you made and I’ll clone it onto my dme and overnight that to you.

I don’t think it is bricked if it got to the step you’re at.
    Thanks Terra for your response. It reflashed in WinKFP. I should note that I was using version 1.0.0.2. Should I update to 1.0.0.3 and try again flashing the RSA bypass fast?

Leave a comment:

• 1984M3
    replied
    Update to my post above: Reflashed the ECU with WinKFP. Put in my vin. Reflashed without a problem. Started the car up without any issues at all.

Used the program to identify the ECU afterwards as well.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Reflashed.png
Views:	745
Size:	63.9 KB
ID:	21310

Leave a comment:

• terra
    replied
    Does the dme respond at all in tool32 or inpa or WinKFP? If so try reflashing with WinKFP. I’d just use the update function - it’ll figure out the VIN and such from there on its own.

If it doesn’t send me the backup file you made and I’ll clone it onto my dme and overnight that to you.

I don’t think it is bricked if it got to the step you’re at.

Leave a comment:

• 1984M3
    replied
    Had an error trying to flash the RSA Bypass fast. Using Bimmergeeks cable just bought. What should I do to recover or is my ecu permanently bricked? Should I try WinKFP to reprogram the ECU? Do I enter my full VIN in WinKFP or just the abbreviation?Click image for larger version  Name:	Failed to set flash address.png Views:	0 Size:	256.5 KB ID:	21275
    Last edited by 1984M3; 05-05-2020, 05:27 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X