No announcement yet.

MSS60 OBD locked

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MpowerE36 Do you know if there a tuner that offers this service to unlock? I dont want to make any changes just want to unlock for future use, i'll be deleting the secondary air pumps and will eventually want to read this ess tune and modify it as ess doesnt do that anymore.
    Last edited by CZs65; 10-01-2023, 02:54 PM.

Comment

It is weird that they don't do it anymore. Oh well

Comment

Originally posted by iamcloudy View Post
        It is weird that they don't do it anymore. Oh well
        Emissions, they just aren't taking the chance. Not even for track only vehicles since I guess there's no real way to prove it.
        That why i want to do it myself for next season, but will need it unlocked first.

Comment

Originally posted by CZs65 View Post

Thanks for the direction from the other thread to this one. Do you have this subroutine available or does it have to be done custom per unit?

Essentially, like your first post, i just want to unlock the ess tune and then use mss65 to delete the SAP while keeping the ess tune, if that's possible.
          OBD locked is only a problem for the injection side. Deleting SAP is in the ignition side. So you just have to read with a bdm tool the ignition cpu memory, modify the ignition tune and write it back via bdm.
          https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwN...zf45mXp6PDOCzA

Comment

Originally posted by MpowerE36 View Post

OBD locked is only a problem for the injection side. Deleting SAP is in the ignition side. So you just have to read with a bdm tool the ignition cpu memory, modify the ignition tune and write it back via bdm.
            OK but i also want it unlocked just for future use... Would it be possible to pay or something to unlock my ess tune? I dont want to change anything right now just want to unlock it and put the tune back without the lock.

Comment

There are many ways to lock the obd readiness. Adrianj73 gives to you a way to lock it in the topic you made.
              I tried but I wasn’t able to write back

Comment

MpowerE36
                you don't respond to the email, I contacted you by email because I came across one of your videos on YouTube, I contacted you 2 weeks ago, no response

Comment

Hi,
                  To answer to your question, I don't create a software to read a tune in a ecu which is obd and bdm locked. I just did it once for a friend who want to run on ethanol with his ESS supercharger. I gave the solution in this topic (#10).
                  Last edited by MpowerE36; 11-28-2023, 12:54 PM.

Comment

Hi,
                    To answer to your question, I don't create a software to read a tune in a ecu which is obd and bdm locked. I just did it once for a friend who want to run on ethanol with his ESS supercharger. I gave the solution in this post.
                    hello
                    I don't see the solution in this post could you say more please? how to do it step by step, it would help me greatly, I don't know what to do anymore with this locked tune

Comment

Could I read an OBD locked MSS60 by BDM100 ?

Comment

Yes for the ignition side but no for the injection side because most of MSS60 have their cpu bdm locked.
                        Last edited by MpowerE36; 02-11-2024, 10:55 AM.

Comment

Working...
                        X