EWS delete testing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

terrahobbit382
    Congratulations to terra for her great tool and congratulations to hobbit382 for sharing..
    there was a huge bizeness around that with absurd prices and it had to stop, everyone must be able to swap an S85 or an S65 without spending thousands of euros/dollars

Sportingly

Comment

In 2 weeks I have a Z4M to do, I will post the full * Fullbinary and partial * MSS70 dump if anyone is interested,terra do you think your software can read these ECUs?
      I will read it with my KESS, if you are interested to watch the full dump
      hobbit382 ​​​​​​​

Comment

I've written a tool to dump the MSS70 from the Z4M already. It's the writing part I'm yet to crack

BDM read from my MSS70 attached: https://www.ecuworx.co.uk/uploads/BDM_Read_MSS70.zip

Last edited by Martyn; 09-04-2021, 12:50 AM.

Comment

Very interesting your tool
          The dump looks like the MSS6X

I have Remap rarely, it will be my second this car is quite rare

Comment

Originally posted by Martyn View Post
            I've written a tool to dump the MSS70 from the Z4M already. It's the writing part I'm yet to crack

BDM read from my MSS70 attached: https://www.ecuworx.co.uk/uploads/BDM_Read_MSS70.zip
            kess does a rsa bypass. I should have a read with before and after somewhere. Bimmerlabs has a tool that will flash the partials after rsa is bypassed. Much much quicker than kess.

Comment

Originally posted by MSSAddict View Post
              Very interesting your tool
              The dump looks like the MSS6X

I have Remap rarely, it will be my second this car is quite rare
              I’ve done a couple. The last one with a dry dump with 350whp but had a big dip at ~7k that I could never figure out.

Comment

Originally posted by hobbit382 View Post

I’ve done a couple. The last one with a dry dump with 350whp but had a big dip at ~7k that I could never figure out.
                The problem is the scarcity of these ECUs, I haven't really had time to study it well

Comment

MSS70 is pretty easy, I could probably whip up a flasher without too much difficulty. I'm just not at my test bench and stuff right now.

Comment

Hi guys I beg you please. Can someone help me find location of the bytes for ews delete? Ive been looking for it and searching internet for the last 6hours with no luck. I uploaded a full kess read. I also have kess partial and a full bdm backup of both cpus if its needed.
                    Last edited by Adrianglasgow; 12-02-2021, 09:51 AM.

Comment

Look at the first post in this thread!

Comment

Originally posted by Adrianglasgow View Post
                        Hi guys I beg you please. Can someone help me find location of the bytes for ews delete? Ive been looking for it and searching internet for the last 6hours with no luck. I uploaded a full kess read. I also have kess partial and a full bdm backup of both cpus if its needed.
                        the addresses listed are in the format of terras flasher.

Comment

Very easy to spot in other reads as well.

Already sent him a kess modified file.

Waiting to see if it worked.

Comment

I tested the MSS65 solution with two different DME on two different cars. On both cars Bank 2 always Lambda goes lean. Cold start works with no issues. I tried ews off solution for version 160E. I also tried two different software versions (SMG and MT) and also two different flasher bdmtogo and the mss6x flasher.

So i tried two different
                            -DME
                            -Software versions
                            - cars
                            - flash tools.

So i think the solution doesn‘t seem to work, because especially Bank 2 runs lean after the ecu goes into closed loop, if i use the ews off solution.

Or could it be, i did something wrong?

Comment

Originally posted by Sewe_M3 View Post
                              I tested the MSS65 solution with two different DME on two different cars. On both cars Bank 2 always Lambda goes lean.
                              Do you have logs from this?
                              This only happens after doing EWS OFF? With original file no problems?

Comment

Yes, only if I do the ews off solution, written down at the first page of this thread.

With stock software there are no issues.

What logs do you need? I can log the data you are looking for.

Comment

Working...
                                X