Suspension Refresh Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mattn1192 View Post
    Once I Changed my steering guibo, my steering stiffed up a ton. It was very loose beforehand. Difference was huge.
    I replaced mine already and it looks tight still.

Comment

Originally posted by r4dr View Post

Do the spherical upgrade for the RTABs or at least add limiters in addition to OEM rubber.
      Thats the plan. OEM plus limiters.

Comment

Originally posted by cobra View Post

Thats the plan. OEM plus limiters.
        I would really recommend solids. A large percentage of us on the forum have moved to solid RTABs and solid subframe bushings since there is no appreciable NVH penalty. For the subframe bushings not recommended unless reinforced. I had OEM RTABS with limiters prior to solids and the solids are infinitely better. I went with CMP for both.

Plates for bottom reinforcement (redish) and CMP or Vince Bar for top side reinforcment.
        3.91 | CMP Subframe & RTAB Bushings | SMG (Relocated & Rebuilt) | ESS Gen 3 Supercharger | Redish | Beisan | GC Coilovers & ARCAs | Imola Interior | RE Rasp | RE Diablo | Storm Motorwerks Paddles | Will ZCPM3 Shift Knob | Apex ARC-8 19x9, 19x9.5 | Sony XAV-AX5000 | BAVSOUND | CSL & 255 SMG Upgrades | Tiag | Vert w/Hardtop

Comment

Originally posted by oceansize View Post

I would really recommend solids. A large percentage of us on the forum have moved to solid RTABs and solid subframe bushings since there is no appreciable NVH penalty. For the subframe bushings not recommended unless reinforced. I had OEM RTABS with limiters prior to solids and the solids are infinitely better. I went with CMP for both.

Plates for bottom reinforcement (redish) and CMP or Vince Bar for top side reinforcment.
          Seconded. Went from OE rubber with limiters to CMP monoball as well and there was no appreciable increase in NVH. Rear feels more planted too.
          2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

I'm working on suspension arm & bushings Group Buy packages for the E9X with Turner Motorsport.

Would there be interest for E46s?

Comment

Why would I replace my tires, get an alignment, and THEN find out the issue? lol that seems totally backwards.

I am going to do a little more investigation and post an update here soon when I can find the time.
              Because half of the time it is your tires, not your suspension. And you need tires anyway.
              BMW / E46M Interior & Trim Restoration.
              https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/c...ch-restoration

Comment

Originally posted by TexaZ3 View Post
                Because half of the time it is your tires, not your suspension. And you need tires anyway.
                But how do tires address his new “one strange symptom is that when backing out of a parking space with my wheels turned almost to the lock, I can feel a clunk from the front end”?
                That sounds like a steering/suspension component. If he gets an alignment first then has to fix steering components on the car he’ll be wasting/paying again for an alignment, no?
                6MT SLICKTOP - OE CSL Wheels - OE CSL Brakes - CSL Rack - CSL Trunk - CSL Diffuser - AA Tune - AA Pulleys- AS 40% SSK - 4.10 Motorsport Diff - Bilstein PSS9s - H&R Swaybars - CSL Lip - Gruppe M CF Intake - Supersprint - M Track Mode

Comment

Originally posted by oldFanatic View Post
                  But how do tires address his new “one strange symptom is that when backing out of a parking space with my wheels turned almost to the lock, I can feel a clunk from the front end”?
                  That sounds like a steering/suspension component. If he gets an alignment first then has to fix steering components on the car he’ll be wasting/paying again for an alignment, no?
                  I don't know. I have lifetime alignment. I do alignment every two months or so. Its just $60-70 if that just for the front anyway.

Comment

I don't know. I have lifetime alignment. I do alignment every two months or so. Its just $60-70 if that just for the front anyway.
                    Ah I miss the good days when I had lifetime alignment. My contacts sold their shops so I gotta pay for the good ones now.
                    6MT SLICKTOP - OE CSL Wheels - OE CSL Brakes - CSL Rack - CSL Trunk - CSL Diffuser - AA Tune - AA Pulleys- AS 40% SSK - 4.10 Motorsport Diff - Bilstein PSS9s - H&R Swaybars - CSL Lip - Gruppe M CF Intake - Supersprint - M Track Mode

Comment

Originally posted by oldFanatic View Post
                      Ah I miss the good days when I had lifetime alignment. My contacts sold their shops so I gotta pay for the good ones now.
                      I have a local shop that does a lot of suspension tuning for local race teams. They are the only ones who still offer lifetime alignment - and its only $300!

Comment

Dang. I haven't had an alignment in like 8 years lol.

Comment

Dang. I haven't had an alignment in like 8 years lol.
                          Dude....

Comment

Working...
                          X