Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TexaZ3 View Post

In what universe Eventuri is tacky?
    Beautifully crafted piece with real world data supporting HP claims.
    It does not look anything remotely BMW OE that's why it is tacky from a visual perspective

Comment

Beautifully crafted piece with real world data supporting HP claims.
      So you accept Eventuri’s open engine bay air intake makes 10-15 HP and 8-12 Tq but this other one probably makes 1-2 Hp?
      I’m not saying claims manufacturers make aren’t done with a bit of liberty to them. But that’s a bit of a swing in believing one and not the other. Considering it’s similar to other proven designs like the one Dinan engineered with BMW and sold through dealerships.
      6MT SLICKTOP - OE CSL Wheels - OE CSL Brakes - CSL Rack - CSL Trunk - CSL Diffuser - AA Tune - AA Pulleys- AS 40% SSK - 4.10 Motorsport Diff - Bilstein PSS9s - H&R Swaybars - CSL Lip - Gruppe M CF Intake - Supersprint - M Track Mode

Comment

Originally posted by digger View Post

It does not look anything remotely BMW OE that's why it is tacky from a visual perspective
        Its an acquired taste.

Originally posted by oldFanatic View Post
        So you accept Eventuri’s open engine bay air intake makes 10-15 HP and 8-12 Tq but this other one probably makes 1-2 Hp?
        I’m not saying claims manufacturers make aren’t done with a bit of liberty to them. But that’s a bit of a swing in believing one and not the other. Considering it’s similar to other proven designs like the one Dinan engineered with BMW and sold through dealerships.
        I had Eventuri, and I did my dyno runs before, and after. So yes - I accept Eventuri numbers because I saw it with my own eyes and felt it with my butt.
        I never said it was 1-2hp. I said it could be 1-2hp because of how it was presented in their ad. How about you buy this thing and let us know how it works and how much hp you get? This would settle this pointless argument once and for all.

BMW / E46M Interior & Trim Restoration.
        https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/c...ch-restoration

Comment

I had Eventuri, and I did my dyno runs before, and after.
          How about you buy this thing and let us know how it works and how much hp you get?
          I have a genuine GruppeM intake for about 10 years now. I don’t need one. But I have been able to see the Dinan intake design tested at EAS. Dyno’d just like advertised in BMW dealerships, it’s was decent enough and quiet.
          6MT SLICKTOP - OE CSL Wheels - OE CSL Brakes - CSL Rack - CSL Trunk - CSL Diffuser - AA Tune - AA Pulleys- AS 40% SSK - 4.10 Motorsport Diff - Bilstein PSS9s - H&R Swaybars - CSL Lip - Gruppe M CF Intake - Supersprint - M Track Mode

Comment

Its an acquired taste.

I had Eventuri, and I did my dyno runs before, and after. So yes - I accept Eventuri numbers because I saw it with my own eyes and felt it with my butt.
            I never said it was 1-2hp. I said it could be 1-2hp because of how it was presented in their ad. How about you buy this thing and let us know how it works and how much hp you get? This would settle this pointless argument once and for all.

What gains did you see with the Eventuri on the dyno? I still have mine in the box since black Friday lol.

Comment

Originally posted by DropTopKingM3 View Post

What gains did you see with the Eventuri on the dyno? I still have mine in the box since black Friday lol.
              I don't remember outside temps and all that, but I did two runs on pump 93 gas, and I got 11hp 7tq the first run, then I think 9hp and 6tq the second run when it was hotter. Stock everything else. I mean - nothing to write home about but also expected. Got it mainly for the sound, and it did not disappoint in that regard. Sounds good.
              BMW / E46M Interior & Trim Restoration.
              https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/c...ch-restoration

Comment

Originally posted by Tbonem3 View Post

Because BMW already maximized the most flow out of our factory cold air intake before you lose the MAF and increase feed beyond 3.5"
                there are bolt on intakes out there that still use the MAF that make more power than stock tho

Comment

I can make a CAI from a piece of PVC pipe and slap a cone filter on it and tell you it makes about 15hp - would you believe me?
                  no, because you're not a business that has been around for decades

Comment

🤮 But why
                    -Singh
                    2004 e46 ///3 | Laguna Seca Blue | Black Leather | 6MT | Coupe
                    BBS RC | Supersprint | Ground Control |
                    Besian

Comment

its plausible that there are some measurable gains, the Eventuri gives gains close to the CSL style box so that alone tells you the intake silencer (that's BMW terminology) is the most restrictive part.

Comment

I don't remember outside temps and all that, but I did two runs on pump 93 gas, and I got 11hp 7tq the first run, then I think 9hp and 6tq the second run when it was hotter. Stock everything else. I mean - nothing to write home about but also expected. Got it mainly for the sound, and it did not disappoint in that regard. Sounds good.
                        Thats awsome! I'm going to install mine before the weekend now. You just motivated me to get off my ass haha.

Comment

You couldn't pay me to install that thing.

I feel dirty for even having posting in this thread.
                          Last edited by jet_dogg; 05-04-2021, 10:07 PM.
                          2003.5 MT JB/B - CSL SCHRICK SUPERSPRINT EISENMANN JRZ SWIFT MILLWAY APR ENDLESS BBS/SSR DREXLER KMP SACHS RECARO AR SLON MKRS GSP DMG KARBONIUS CP AUTOSOLUTIONS KOYO

Comment

Working...
                          X