No announcement yet.

New Injen intake?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well it does use the factory intake kidney “snout” and lower “snorkel” air draws. That alone makes it better than some.
    Would have to know about it’s filter media. Yep looks close to the Dinan and VF Engineering air boxes. The embossed lettering and orange Injen gotta go.
    All in all honestly if it wasn’t Injen, design would likely be considered in better light.
    6MT SLICKTOP - OE CSL Wheels - OE CSL Brakes - CSL Rack - CSL Trunk - CSL Diffuser - AA Tune - AA Pulleys- AS 40% SSK - 4.10 Motorsport Diff - Bilstein PSS9s - H&R Swaybars - CSL Lip - Gruppe M CF Intake - Supersprint - M Track Mode

Comment

Unless you go CSL, OEM + filter of your choice imo.

Comment

It might not be the most beautiful piece, but looks functional. Would be interested to see an actual 3rd party dyno to verify power claims.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	9FF03C93-18E0-4E07-ADD4-37D673D77CC5.jpeg
Views:	514
Size:	111.7 KB
ID:	102172 I was watching this one close a couple years ago and contacting Injen for more info. Its a bit delayed but I ended up going with an AFE. What I remember being told by someone at Bimmerworld was injen used to have an intake for our cars which is now obsolete because the MAF housing design was causing for leaner AFRs up top.

Comment

Looks better than exposed filter intakes but still looks cheap. if it was CARB exempt I could justify the $300 price, otherwise no way !
            2005 Phoenix Yellow M3 Coupe 6spd
            2013 Interlagos Blue M3 Coupe 6spd ZCP, CF roof
            2007 Imola Red Z4M Coupe

Comment

Reminds me of this intake from back in the day

Highline Tuning's Cold Air Intake upgrade for the 2001-2006 BMW M3 features a host of improvements over the stock airbox. A fully enclosed airbox with high flow filter and OEM like fit and finish. All resulting in increased horsepower and torque.

Comment

Originally posted by ELEM3NT View Post
                Unless you go CSL, OEM + filter of your choice imo.
                I remember someone on M3forum did some testing with different filters on the stock intake (Hassan maybe?). Got the best results with the stock paper one, so I would just stick with that one. Plus, they're so cheap that you can swap them out every oil change if you really want to be running a super clean filter all the time.
                2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

Originally posted by heinzboehmer View Post
                  I remember someone on M3forum did some testing with different filters on the stock intake. Got the best results with the stock paper one, so I would just stick with that one. Plus, they're so cheap that you can swap them out every oil change if you really want to be running a super clean filter all the time.
                  I also remember someone on M3F testing stock box panel filters and the BMC had the best results. Seeing how BMW uses BMC stock on the CSL it made sense.
                  6MT SLICKTOP - OE CSL Wheels - OE CSL Brakes - CSL Rack - CSL Trunk - CSL Diffuser - AA Tune - AA Pulleys- AS 40% SSK - 4.10 Motorsport Diff - Bilstein PSS9s - H&R Swaybars - CSL Lip - Gruppe M CF Intake - Supersprint - M Track Mode

Comment

Originally posted by TexaZ3 View Post

I seriously doubt there are any gains - "up to" 14hp means there could be 1-2 hp.
                    And even if it does what they claim - I'd rather have stock box than this under the hood of my car Its just unsightly.

this is an odd mindset to have about car modding imo. i can understand making a subjective decision over the prettiness of this intake but not really sure why you think it doesn't make the power it claims to

Comment

Originally posted by usdmej View Post

this is an odd mindset to have about car modding imo. i can understand making a subjective decision over the prettiness of this intake but not really sure why you think it doesn't make the power it claims to
                      Because BMW already maximized the most flow out of our factory cold air intake before you lose the MAF and increase feed beyond 3.5"
                      DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
                      /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
                      More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Looks like a cheap knock off of the stock design. I can't logically conceive any idea of how this improves performance. Waste of money in my opinion.

I won't defend the open designs, in my mind the only upgrades are Gruppe M or CSL, and the former probably doesn't add anything in the way of power either. Otherwise, stock works perfectly, and it costs nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by repoman89 View Post
                          Looks so tacky and out of place. OEMish not found
                          less tacky then eventuri

Comment

Originally posted by usdmej View Post

Because I have not seen any independent dyno data from anyone but manufacturer. I can make a CAI from a piece of PVC pipe and slap a cone filter on it and tell you it makes about 15hp - would you believe me? It would even look better than this.
                            BMW / E46M Interior & Trim Restoration.
                            https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/c...ch-restoration

Comment

Originally posted by digger View Post

less tacky then eventuri
                              In what universe Eventuri is tacky?
                              Beautifully crafted piece with real world data supporting HP claims.
                              BMW / E46M Interior & Trim Restoration.
                              https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/c...ch-restoration

Comment

Originally posted by TexaZ3 View Post

Because I have not seen any independent dyno data from anyone but manufacturer. I can make a CAI from a piece of PVC pipe and slap a cone filter on it and tell you it makes about 15hp - would you believe me? It would even look better than this.
                                lol this is so true.... they can advertise whatever the hell they want. It's not like you can force them to prove it or get your money back if you don't see gains. the minute you don't make power they'll slap you with a million excuses as to why your car is the problem.... just like warranty on anything you buy nowadays.. tons of excuses why warranty coverage won't cover your item.
                                2005 Phoenix Yellow M3 Coupe 6spd
                                2013 Interlagos Blue M3 Coupe 6spd ZCP, CF roof
                                2007 Imola Red Z4M Coupe

Comment

Working...
                                X