New Injen intake?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Injen intake?

Seems like a cheaper alternative to the Dinan enclosed airbox. I don't remember ever seeing this product...I gotta say, i don't hate it....and looks more OEM-ish over the AFE one i currently have.

Injen Evolution Cold Air Intake Now Available for BMW M3 (E46) – Vivid Racing News

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture1.JPG
Views:	1454
Size:	71.8 KB
ID:	101805 Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	1208
Size:	54.0 KB
ID:	101806
    Last edited by antknee; 04-29-2021, 05:25 AM.

How are they still in business is my question lol
    2004 BMW ///M3 Carbon Black/Cinnamon 6MT
    2005 BMW ///M3
    Interlagos Blue/Black 6MT Dinan S3-R

2008 BMW ///M3 Alpine White/Bamboo/6MT Track Build
    2000 BMW ///M5 Royal Red/Extended Caramel 6MT
    2004 BMW X5 Toledo Blue/Sand Beige 6MT
    2023 Toyota Supra //A91-MT CULG/Hazelnut 6MT

Instagram

Comment

Makes me think of my Sentra ser days in early 2000’s. Only intake worth upgrading to are the CSL ones. But that’s just me. Im all for companies making new products for our cars in 2020

Comment

Injen does remind me of the late 90s-early 2000s when i had an Infiniti G20 (same motor as the SE-R).

CSL intake of course is the ultimate upgrade.....but for a sub-$300 air induction system, i think they priced this well given what looks like a pretty well built non-OEM alternative.

Comment

Looks nice. But will there be hp increase or just noise?

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Comment

Neither

Stock, used eventuri (for noise), or full CSL style imo.
            DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
            /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
            More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Looks so tacky and out of place. OEMish not found

Comment

This looks like something from the local autoparts store lol. Other than CSL, it is hard to beat the design of the stock airbox (plus it comes free with the car).

Comment

Originally posted by Tones View Post
                  Looks nice. But will there be hp increase or just noise?

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
                  Probably neither, looks sealed up just like OEM from those pics.

Comment

It looks entirely out of place. But agreed on the point that always happy to see new products on the market for a 20-year-old car like this.
                    E46 M3 Coupe - 09/04 Production, 103k miles, Black/Black, 6MT swap, AS 0% kit, BBS RG-R + AS4’s, CSL flash, Karbonius airbox, Euro header + Section 1, Koni Yellow, Xtrons, SAP Delete, lockdowns complete

Comment

Why? Why was this developed, designed, and produced? It looks terrible, and probably doesn't do anything better than stock airbox. WHY?
                      BMW / E46M Interior & Trim Restoration.
                      https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/c...ch-restoration

Comment

Originally posted by TexaZ3 View Post
                        Why? Why was this developed, designed, and produced? It looks terrible, and probably doesn't do anything better than stock airbox. WHY?
                        Because of the 14hp you get after installing this...

Name:	Screenshot_20210430-091442_Chrome.jpg
Views:	996
Size:	57.8 KB
ID:	102017

2004 Silbergrau Metallic 6MT
                        Karbonius/OEM Snorkel/Flap/HTE Tuned
                        Ssv1/Catted Sec. 1/SS 2.5" Sec. 2/SCZA

OE CSL Bootlid/AS SSK/BC Coils/4.10 Gears/ Sportline 8S Wheels/Cobra Nogaros
                        RACP Plates/Vincebar/CMP/Turner RTAB/Beisan

2006 M6 Black Saphire SMG
                        Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by TexaZ3 View Post
                          damn i must have some bad eyes lol. i honestly think it looks a lot better than the exposed cone filters that K&N, AFE, and other manufacturers have designed over the years that all suck in hot air. I think Eventuri is basically a similar design as well, just dressed up in nice carbon.

Not comparing this to CSL airbox by any means. Different league, we all know this.

Comment

Originally posted by antknee View Post

damn i must have some bad eyes lol. i honestly think it looks a lot better than the exposed cone filters that K&N, AFE, and other manufacturers have designed over the years that all suck in hot air. I think Eventuri is basically a similar design as well, just dressed up in nice carbon.

Not comparing this to CSL airbox by any means. Different league, we all know this.
                            Yep I'm with u.

​​​looks better than most of the intakes on the market for the car.

You just have to remove the "sticker" if it bother some people.

​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by Cubieman View Post

Because of the 14hp you get after installing this...

Name:	Screenshot_20210430-091442_Chrome.jpg
Views:	996
Size:	57.8 KB
ID:	102017
                              I can write whatever I want on my own for sale ad. I seriously doubt there are any gains - "up to" 14hp means there could be 1-2 hp.
                              And even if it does what they claim - I'd rather have stock box than this under the hood of my car Its just unsightly.
                              BMW / E46M Interior & Trim Restoration.
                              https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/c...ch-restoration

Comment

Working...
                              X