No announcement yet.

Lets see your e46 m3 thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My sunroof decided when it wanted to open and close, as if it had free will, rain or shine. I'd be cruising down the highway and it would fully open on it's own. Or tilt. Or go from tilt to fully open and back again.

I yanked the fuse after chasing the issue for a while (new switches, traced wires for pinching, etc.). That was janky. So the only logical decision was to cut the roof out and put carbon in its place.
    Build thread: Topaz Blue to Shark Blue

Comment

Bad pic but finishing the prep on my M3 to list it for sale soon.

2005 Mystic Blue slicktop on Impuls cloth with manual seats.
      One owner before me, no accidents, original paint, ~60k miles.
      Just performed full VANOS, valve adjustment, rod bearings, SMG -> 6MT with new cluch and flywheel, RACP reinforcement and much more.

Any input on what would be a fair market value for it?

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_4405.jpg Views:	0 Size:	153.2 KB ID:	236817
      Last edited by kaiv; 10-05-2023, 06:20 PM.
      IG: @limited.slip

Mystic Blue / M-cloth E46 M3 Coupe S54 6MT
      A̶l̶p̶i̶n̶e̶ ̶W̶h̶i̶t̶e̶ ̶/̶ ̶B̶l̶a̶c̶k̶ ̶E̶4̶6̶ ̶3̶2̶5̶i̶ ̶T̶o̶u̶r̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶S̶5̶4̶ ̶6̶M̶T̶
      Imola Red / Alcantara / Cloth E46 330i ZHP Sedan S54 6MT
      Titanium Silver / Black E39 540i M-Sport
      Touring S62 6MT
      Alpine White / Black E90 M3 M3 S65 7DCT

Comment

Originally posted by Tbonem3 View Post
        Never opened my e36's sunroof in 6 years in Socal. Had a slicktop e82 as well. Windows down is enough for me. I do see the allure of a vert, top down, with an airbox installed. I see no benefit to a moonroof/sunroof, personally. Only drawbacks (less headroom, more weight, more complexity/cost/failure, another possible way for UV to damage interior.
        Slicktop just looks hard af which is why I specifically ordered mine without one.

Sunroof is cool if you're cruising but I never use them in other cars.
        2003.5 MT JB/B - CSL SCHRICK SUPERSPRINT EISENMANN JRZ SWIFT MILLWAY APR ENDLESS BBS/SSR DREXLER KMP SACHS RECARO AR SLON MKRS GSP DMG KARBONIUS CP AUTOSOLUTIONS KOYO

Comment

Originally posted by kaiv View Post

Just performed full VANOS, valve adjustment, rod bearings, SMG -> 6MT with new cluch and flywheel, RACP reinforcement and much more.

Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_4405.jpg Views:	0 Size:	153.2 KB ID:	236817
          $35-39K feels about right.

Comment

Cleaned up before driving it back to storage for our Canadian winters

Click image for larger version  Name:	71814617620__DF518276-8A75-49E5-8051-F783D8DD5520.jpg Views:	0 Size:	181.5 KB ID:	236829

Comment

Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_4405.jpg Views:	0 Size:	153.2 KB ID:	236817
              $35k when things were hot a year ago. I think you'd be lucky to get $30k now. It's not a great time. Nice car though.
              DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
              /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
              More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	20230924_170901.jpg
Views:	478
Size:	83.1 KB
ID:	236936 ..
                2004 Silbergrau Metallic 6MT
                Karbonius/OEM Snorkel/Flap/HTE Tuned
                Ssv1/Catted Sec. 1/SS 2.5" Sec. 2/SCZA

OE CSL Bootlid/AS SSK/BC Coils/4.10 Gears/ Sportline 8S Wheels/Cobra Nogaros
                RACP Plates/Vincebar/CMP/Turner RTAB/Beisan

2006 M6 Black Saphire SMG
                Instagram

Comment

$35k when things were hot a year ago. I think you'd be lucky to get $30k now. It's not a great time. Nice car though.
                  Damn. Not what I wanted to hear lol. Might keep it a while longer if that's the case.
                  IG: @limited.slip

Mystic Blue / M-cloth E46 M3 Coupe S54 6MT
                  A̶l̶p̶i̶n̶e̶ ̶W̶h̶i̶t̶e̶ ̶/̶ ̶B̶l̶a̶c̶k̶ ̶E̶4̶6̶ ̶3̶2̶5̶i̶ ̶T̶o̶u̶r̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶S̶5̶4̶ ̶6̶M̶T̶
                  Imola Red / Alcantara / Cloth E46 330i ZHP Sedan S54 6MT
                  Titanium Silver / Black E39 540i M-Sport
                  Touring S62 6MT
                  Alpine White / Black E90 M3 M3 S65 7DCT

Comment

Market has definitely softened but I think it goes above $30K all day long.

Comment

I would think a slicktop with cloth and 6MT, with 60K miles is worth 30K all day.
                      2004 Dinan S3-R M3
                      2012 Dinan S1 X5M

Comment

That's not the point. Even if it is worth $30 or $32k or $35k, it could have fetched $10k+ more a year to 2 years ago. The ship has sailed. Best to wait for the next craze is my advice.
                        DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
                        /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
                        More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Yup, with a lot of exposure probably could have fetched up to low 40s, maybe 45 at best depending on the details but they've come down to earth and it cost you 10-15k waiting a year or so to list.

My buddy was saying you can even get a Model S plaid without the stupid steering wheel for only $90k now or some such.
                          2003.5 MT JB/B - CSL SCHRICK SUPERSPRINT EISENMANN JRZ SWIFT MILLWAY APR ENDLESS BBS/SSR DREXLER KMP SACHS RECARO AR SLON MKRS GSP DMG KARBONIUS CP AUTOSOLUTIONS KOYO

Comment

Damn. Not what I wanted to hear lol. Might keep it a while longer if that's the case.
                            I can’t see why you’d be in a hurry to sell it in that spec… I just don’t see that going lower from here… drive it for a while to let the herd thin… you see what’s happening to well kept E36M right now, almost none of which are coming in that spec or condition… 2-5 years I think rewards your patience.

maw

Comment

Originally posted by JaredU View Post
                              Cleaned up before driving it back to storage for our Canadian winters
                              Specs on the BBS RS-GT's? They look so good on these cars 🔥

Comment

Originally posted by freshprince2421 View Post
                                Specs on the BBS RS-GT's? They look so good on these cars 🔥
                                19x8.5 et35 and 19x10 et 25 with 245/275 firehawks on Ohlins R&T at 13.5” front and 13.0” rear… I’d like to go a touch more aggressive with the wheel fitment though

Comment

Working...
                                X