Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I took it as M3*3, which is M3^2.

Comment

Thoglan I am thinking of getting some Nogaro's and having them and they rest of the interior finished in m-tex at some point.

Could you recommend a good source for thr fabric and let me know approximately how much is required for the entire interior just as you have done. Thanks.

I found this place for the m-tex, I have seen a few ebays sources as well.

Reproduction of E46 M3 and E39 M5 "M Texture" fabricThis fabric is extremely high quality meeting all ISO safety and quality standards for UV resistance, fire protection and more It includes the perforated square Alcantara layer adhered over the top backing fabric and a foam layer underneath, just like OE A faithful reproduction of the original E46 M3 and E39 M5 "M Texture" material ( E46 M3 F2AT and E39 M5 F2 interiors BMW part number 51922698028 ) Now available by the footInternational shipping rates will calculate at checkout The width of the material is 58"Buying one foot gives you 12" x 58"Buying three feet gives you 36" x 58" Orders will ship as one continuous pieceie. if you order 6 feet you will receive a single segment which is 6 feet long and 58" tall For those who use metricThe width of the material is 1.47 metersBuying 1 foot gives you .30 meter x 1.47 metersBuying 3 feet gives you .91 meter x 1.47 meters Ships from the US and arrives to most locations within 5-6 days after the order is placed!
      2004 Silbergrau Metallic 6MT
      Karbonius/OEM Snorkel/Flap/HTE Tuned
      Ssv1/Catted Sec. 1/SS 2.5" Sec. 2/SCZA

OE CSL Bootlid/AS SSK/BC Coils/4.10 Gears/ Sportline 8S Wheels/Cobra Nogaros
      RACP Plates/Vincebar/CMP/Turner RTAB/Beisan

2006 M6 Black Saphire SMG
      Instagram

Comment

That is the source
        DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
        /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
        More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Originally posted by Cubieman View Post
          Thoglan I am thinking of getting some Nogaro's and having them and they rest of the interior finished in m-tex at some point.

Could you recommend a good source for thr fabric and let me know approximately how much is required for the entire interior just as you have done. Thanks.

https://www.ascfabrics.com/product-page/mtexture
          ASC is the only legit source I’ve found for reproduction BMW fabrics. It’s run by a BMW enthusiast, Bimmerbreaker on the Z3 bimmerforums.

Comment

​​​​Yep, ASC is legit. This'll get dropped off next week when I get my SPX seats reupholstered. Relicate has M8 prototype fabric which I think is cool as another option as seen in the 2nd photo

Comment

Originally posted by 02_lsb View Post
              Well… three squared is 9, cubed is 27. I’m seeing three cars.
              http://www.natehasslerphoto.com
              '99 M3, Hellrot/Sand Beige, slicktop
              '01 M3, Imola/black

Comment

Originally posted by Cubieman View Post

https://www.ascfabrics.com/product-page/mtexture
                Yup asc is the place to get it. Its very close to the original material. The OEM fabric was available from BMW last I checked about a year ago. It was considered NLA but there were some new old stock that became available briefly, my guess is that is now gone. I didn't do my full interior since my front and rear seats were still pretty minty. Just the door cards and the bucket seats shortly after. But I think the number that gets thrown around is 6 yards to do a full interior. Best to talk to an upholsterer and get them to estimate. Will be a big bill though, not to mention the $1500 just in material alone... Even just doing my bucket seats made my eyes water. Mtex is quite tricky to upholster too given the layered material and the tartan pattern underneath, means it all has to line up, and the coloured squares need to be the same size between inserts etc. Not rocket science but you'll want a high end upholsterer for it to look right.

Those ebay sellers claiming to have 'genuine' fabric only popped up after ASC started reproducing the fabric and I don't think it's a coincidence. Pretty sure they are buying that fabric and marking it up, slapping the m-texture part number on it and reselling.
                Last edited by Thoglan; 03-30-2022, 02:27 PM.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Camsprngse46177.jpg
Views:	618
Size:	114.4 KB
ID:	163263

Name:	Camsprngse4617.jpg
Views:	636
Size:	186.3 KB
ID:	163262
                  DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
                  /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
                  More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Zcp wheels are EVERYTHING!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Name:	1955CD9A-483B-4AC0-9C01-EE0AA9DF52D7.jpg
Views:	536
Size:	129.1 KB
ID:	163603..
                      06' Interlagos Blue ZCP 6MT // Instagram

Comment

Name:	84E9D04E-5252-4395-A937-76E5A538DE4E.jpg
Views:	532
Size:	166.3 KB
ID:	163609

Bad angle but needed the new roof in there

Comment

Originally posted by repoman89 View Post

Name:	84E9D04E-5252-4395-A937-76E5A538DE4E.jpg
Views:	532
Size:	166.3 KB
ID:	163609

Bad angle but needed the new roof in there
                          Nice!!!!!!! Congrats on the roof, looks amazing! More pics!!
                          Build thread: Topaz Blue to Shark Blue

Comment

Originally posted by Casa de Mesa View Post

Nice!!!!!!! Congrats on the roof, looks amazing! More pics!!
                            Thanks!! Hopefully yours is getting close too! I put in a lithium battery as well and took it on a first real drive … absolutely noticeable even while being semi-responsible on the street. No noticeable difference re: highway noise at least up to 100 with no sound insulation, still civilized.

My Miata is in the background of the first pic, feeling neglected. not sure what’s up with the forum software unable to rotate the damn pic

Name:	893EDEAF-7C3F-4663-84E4-E9344EBAFAA7.jpg
Views:	524
Size:	243.5 KB
ID:	163647 Click image for larger version

Name:	251216DF-274C-44A6-B2AD-1617691F5C60.jpg
Views:	515
Size:	256.5 KB
ID:	163648

Comment

I envy the cars I see here in such great condition. Gives me something to aim for but I sometimes wonder if mine is too far gone cosmetically to be worth "restoring".

Anyways, sharing a few photos from the track day I went to the other weekend ago.

Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	0 Size:	97.7 KB ID:	163653
                              Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	0 Size:	103.2 KB ID:	163654
                              Last edited by zzyzx85; 04-18-2022, 12:48 PM.
                              "your BMW has how many miles!?"

2003 (2/03) M3 coupe Imolarot/Black 6 M/T - JRZ RS One 450/550 - Ground Control Street - SDW RTAB - TMS Street ARCA - Redish V2 - TMS solid subframe bushings - Volk Racing G2 18x9.5 - StopTech ST40 355 (coming soon) - Beisan Systems VANOS parts - WPC OE rod bearings - Karbonius CSL airbox - Kassel MSS54HP DME - Kassel MAP sensor - Euro headers and Section 1 - SuperSprint Sport - Recaro Speed - Schroth Rallye 4 QF - AS 30% SSK

build/journal
                              ig: @zzyzx85

Comment

zzyzx85 love the action shots! Imola suits the car so well. I think a pair of vinyl numbers for your next track day would be the cherry on top 👍
                                2005 6MT TiAg | 1:47.01 @ Laguna Seca
                                ..........................| 1:58.93 @ Sonoma

Comment

Working...
                                X