Clear All

Great looking car, congrats OP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    -Singh
    2004 e46 ///3 | Laguna Seca Blue | Black Leather | 6MT | Coupe
    BBS RC | Supersprint | Ground Control |
    Besian

Comment

A fellow Calgarian! Gorgeous car, maybe I'll see you driving around one of these days

Comment

beautiful

Comment

Originally posted by timmo View Post
          That's one slick looking setup! Though personally I don't believe bolting the tongue down is ideal, but if it works, it works. I used an E36 rear seat buckle, which has a lug meant for M10 which fits perfectly. Bonus points for having the BMW logo on the buckle itself haha.

And yeah I'm not even a tall guy (5'6") and with the stock power seat at its lowest height, it was just too high. My complaint is not so much the headroom, but the ergonomics in general - with my new seat I feel like I actually get into the car, not onto it.
          This setup looks legit! I’m definitely copying this for when I pull the trigger on SPG XLs.

Great looking car OP! I feel your pain...at 6’5 I needed all possible headroom so took me over a year to find a no option slicktop, manual non-heated seats etc. Enjoy it!

Comment

Beautiful combo of options (or lack thereof)!
            2006 BMW M3 ZCP

Comment

Where did you get those cinnamon Recaro seats?!?

Comment

Looks great! As a fellow cinnamon interior driver, I'd love to have a recaro pole position like that. Who retrimmed the bucket for you?

Comment

-Bought the Recaro in black leather
                  -Removed the leather from the shell (easy)
                  -Took it along with a cinnamon headrest to my local Fibrenew franchise
                  -They dyed it to match
                  -Reinstalled the leather onto the shell

It's actually exceeded my expectations, after 5 years the only spot the dye has worn through is a small area where the seatbelt contacts while I drive.

I will mention that the leather from Recaro is of high quality, but seemingly random. My Dad also has one in his ZHP that we ordered at a different time and the leather grain is quite different.
                  The grain on my Recaro doesn't exactly match the OEM Nappa, but it's only noticeable if you're looking for it. Far less noticeable than having a black seat in a cinnamon car! 😄

Comment

Originally posted by OEM3 View Post
                    -Bought the Recaro in black leather
                    -Removed the leather from the shell (easy)
                    -Took it along with a cinnamon headrest to my local Fibrenew franchise
                    -They dyed it to match
                    -Reinstalled the leather onto the shell

It's actually exceeded my expectations, after 5 years the only spot the dye has worn through is a small area where the seatbelt contacts while I drive.

I will mention that the leather from Recaro is of high quality, but seemingly random. My Dad also has one in his ZHP that we ordered at a different time and the leather grain is quite different.
                    The grain on my Recaro doesn't exactly match the OEM Nappa, but it's only noticeable if you're looking for it. Far less noticeable than having a black seat in a cinnamon car! 😄
                    p0010 will

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Should I be concerned about this?
                      -Replaced rotors with OE ones that had <1,000 miles on them (rusty from sitting in a shed for ~15 years)
                      -Reused my pads (OEM) as they still have good thickness
                      -After 500+ miles, the rear pads are still barely contacting!

Fronts after a few miles:
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	Front - after a few miles.jpg
Views:	344
Size:	62.9 KB
ID:	113516
                      Fronts after 500+ miles:

Name:	Front - after 500+ miles.jpg
Views:	328
Size:	76.4 KB
ID:	113517

Rears after a few miles:

Name:	Rear - after a few miles.jpg
Views:	327
Size:	61.6 KB
ID:	113518
                      Rears after 500+ miles:

Name:	Rear - after 500+ miles.jpg
Views:	334
Size:	60.5 KB
ID:	113519

I will note that the brakes feel and perform great under normal driving. I have yet to do any serious panic stops though. Thanks!

Comment

Did you bed these properly, and repeatedly, as it sometimes takes more tries to get the rears properly bed in. I've had the same issue after caliper rebuilt and new pads on my BBK. I was surprised how hard you actually have to go at the bedding process in order to get the proper results. And I think I still havent done it properly.

Obviously it just looks like the pad and rotor surface are not mating correctly. If there are no vibrations from normal braking in normal driving conditions then I think you're ok. When you're doing panic stops things might be different, this would drive me insane though.
                        2006 Silber Grau Metalizat ZCP 6 MT M-texture (F2AT) - Turner CSL V2/Schrick 280 272/SSv1/SS Sec1/Sec2 dual res/SCZA TI (raw) - FatCat stage 3 ult 400f/784r - EC7r 18x9.5 ET35/CRS 275/35/18 - RacingBrake BBK/MileEnd CSL bumper/Vorsteiner Trunk/Cobra Nogaro Circuit Mtexture/GC RCA/YURKan Cages/Hotchkiss/Vibra-technics/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/htrlo/

Comment

I did not perform a bedding procedure as I have not had good experiences doing so in the past with street brakes

Comment

You will have to work the brakes and heat them up. Drive on highway and drag brakes for a while then drive in 4th and ride the brakes. You will have to do it a number of times. I had a new to me car that sat outside for a year or so even with 35,000km brakes were rusty. Eventually got them cleaned up.
                            If you get motion sickness be prepared to do it a few times. Lots of cool BMWs here in Calgary

Comment

Roger, I'll give it a go - that's easy enough! My biggest concern was that my rear rotors are going to wear unevenly and eventually cause vibration

Comment

You have my dream spec M3. hopefully this turns into a build thread

Comment

Working...
                                X