Ever reused brace plate bolts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by oldFanatic View Post
    There’s basically like two improved attachment points at control arm’s balljoints bottom on the E46 M3 plate from the E46 non-M Coupe plate. Knowing that, it is kinda hard to reason the plate is a major factor to increase E46 M3’s overall chassis rigidity 50% imho.
    The E46 M3 ties the FCABs into the plate whereas at non- M does not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by SandeepM3 View Post
      It's odd that attaining the specific chassis stiffness can be attributed to using the exact proper torque spec for the bolts on the reinforcement plate yet we can attribute the same chassis stiffness between an e46 coupe with no fold-down seats and an M3 with a CF plate epoxied on. Seems like a different standard is being used.
      Yes completely agree.
      Interesting you bring it up, it was a GB thread so didn’t want to crap on it. But that trunk panel isn’t doing those claimed numbers they were throwing out on the E46 M3. It’s like a small x-cross brace but being directly installed inside a full cage. Rigidity has already been shored up there. M Division explains what they did to achieve it on the M3.

Ok back to fastening procedure of TTT “Torque-To-Turn” aka “Angle Torque”.
      6MT SLICKTOP - OE CSL Wheels - OE CSL Brakes - CSL Rack - CSL Trunk - CSL Diffuser - AA Tune - AA Pulleys- AS 40% SSK - 4.10 Motorsport Diff - Bilstein PSS9s - H&R Swaybars - CSL Lip - Gruppe M CF Intake - Supersprint - M Track Mode

Comment

Originally posted by bigjae46 View Post
        The E46 M3 ties the FCABs into the plate whereas at non- M does not.
        Oh hi Bigjae, major fail on me not posting that in detail. I just did my CAB/CAs last month. Think I’d have posted it all better. Will fix.
        Last edited by old///MFanatic; 06-18-2021, 11:44 AM.
        6MT SLICKTOP - OE CSL Wheels - OE CSL Brakes - CSL Rack - CSL Trunk - CSL Diffuser - AA Tune - AA Pulleys- AS 40% SSK - 4.10 Motorsport Diff - Bilstein PSS9s - H&R Swaybars - CSL Lip - Gruppe M CF Intake - Supersprint - M Track Mode

Comment

Working...
        X