CSL Intake Engine Bay Mic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CSL Intake Engine Bay Mic

Youtube recommended this video to me today. Probably one of the best captures of the CSL intake sound I've seen. Dude duct taped a nice mic inside his engine bay to get the recording.

Sounds start at 7:40. I especially like how clearly you can hear the throttle bodies snapping shut. Just awesome. Also interesting to hear the transition between the ICV and ITBs at lower throttle inputs.

Sharing cause I thought you guys might enjoy
    2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Pretty incredible! Mclaren F1's half brother

Current:

1997 BMW M3 - Boston Green/Modena
    2003 BMW M3 · Coupe · 6MT - Alpine White/M-Texture Alcantara

Comment

Dude with 62 subscribers captures some of the best CSL audio on the web. Nice. SMH at all the other failures that exist when compared to this guy with duct tape and a mic.
      3.91 | CMP Subframe & RTAB Bushings | SMG (Relocated & Rebuilt) | ESS Gen 3 Supercharger | Redish | Beisan | GC Coilovers & ARCAs | Imola Interior | RE Rasp | RE Diablo | Storm Motorwerks Paddles | Will ZCPM3 Shift Knob | Apex ARC-8 19x9, 19x9.5 | Sony XAV-AX5000 | BAVSOUND | CSL & 255 SMG Upgrades | Tiag | Vert w/Hardtop

Comment

Yeah this is definitely closest to representing the real life sound from the drivers seat that I’ve heard from a video. Very cool

Comment

Makes me want to get a CSL intake sooo bad. Too bad I don’t have that kind of money lying around

Comment

Incredible intake sound. Makes the case for ultimate quiet muffler.

Comment

I'll throw my video in for comparison, and at least it's in a safe environment taken at the track instead of canyons... Karbonious intake and the mic's right by the driver side headlight ballast box.

2018 Grigio Telesto F80 M3 DCT | :: Bone Stock ::
              2004 Titanium Silver E46 M3 6 Speed | :: Track Car ::

Comment

The first video
                I can’t open it has a broken play button
                Am I the only one ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

So. I think this convinced me to rebuild my engine... Derp.

Comment

A better mic will even capture it better.

It sounds distorted as the intake growls increases.

Comment

This is the type of active sound I wouldn't mind if pumped through the cabin speakers.

Comment

Originally posted by Stack View Post
                        The first video
                        I can’t open it has a broken play button
                        Am I the only one ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        Worked for me, but here is the link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ejNzqxk17I
                        E46 324i k24/dct/turbo Build Thread
                        Phoenix Yellow e46m3 Build Thread

Comment

Originally posted by heinzboehmer View Post

Sounds start at 7:40.

at 7:58 (right before he decides to downshift) is why i prefer to run the flap and associated oe ducting on the CSL airbox. at lower rpm an unmuffled csl box is a whole lot of noise and not that much go

Comment

The flap makes that much difference in torque down low?

His car is stock so I'm not sure that's a fair assessment.
                            2003.5 MT JB/B - CSL SCHRICK SUPERSPRINT EISENMANN JRZ SWIFT MILLWAY APR ENDLESS BBS/SSR DREXLER KMP SACHS RECARO AR SLON MKRS GSP DMG KARBONIUS CP AUTOSOLUTIONS KOYO

Comment

Originally posted by jet_dogg View Post
                              The flap makes that much difference in torque down low?

His car is stock so I'm not sure that's a fair assessment.
                              I think he meant it was all noise and no go. IIRC the flap is only noise control. I disagree though, the noise at low RPM is too wonderful.

Comment

Working...
                              X