Or an idiot :P

I just don't want to leave CA.... yet
    DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
    /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
    More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Originally posted by Tbonem3 View Post
      I do the box and headers!
      I feel like you could get away with headers if you have cats, SAP, all the heat shields and a stock tune on. Pretty much impossible to see anything in the engine bay and even if someone does look underneath your car, you could probably argue that it's just an extra resonator lol.

At least I hope you can get away with that. It's what I plan on doing when I get my headers on.
      2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

You can, but I don't have cats. That's my plan for my steelgrey car. Set it up so it passes smog all the time. Getting a stock sized catted sect1 is a lot cheaper than SS V1 2.5"
        DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
        /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
        More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

I did the same thing. I took a recording with the built-in mic on the camera I was using... Then I also put a microphone inside the engine bay rather to my phone with a sound recorder app...

And then in video editing I dialed back the audio from the outside camera so there was less wind noise but just enough so it was more realistic and I blended in the audio from the mic inside the engine bay and synced it up.

2nd top view angle at 3:27 markAction camera mounted on front left fender. external microphone mounted near hood to reduce wind noise and hear engine better....

Last edited by nextelbuddy; 07-01-2021, 06:41 PM.

Comment

well well well, look what we have here. A bunch of gentleman and scholars. Cool to see my video floating around here, thanks for the kind words yall. I have had some fun duct taping mics to my CSL intake, the sound is very hard to capture correctly and Im still refining mic placement. glad to have shared it and for you all to get a kick out of it. I am a former Bimmerforums member, and new to NAM3F..

I have a much longer CSL-Intake driving video that was made after this thread was posted, if anyone is interested in that you can see it here (shameless plug :3)

feel free to ask me any questions
            2003 Stahl Grau on Imola Red E46 M3 / 1992 Brilliatnrot E30 318iC Vert
            @ JT_E30

Comment

Working...
            X