No announcement yet.

Csl for sale in Vancouver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To be fair, every JDM car has a jacked up radio installed.
    Simple swap to OEM, or even better with the block-off plate.

This is a very clean example and I’m sure will be viewed as a bargain in the coming years.
    TiAG 6mt Coupe | KARBONIUS | SUPERSPRINT | FIKSE WHEELS | OEM CSL | MILE END COMPOSITES | AST 5200 | HOTCHKIS | BREMBO | RECARO | BEISAN | CATCAMS | CP-CARILLO | TMS | RTD | ROGUE ENGINEERING | AKG MOTORSPORT | HTE PERFORMANCE

Comment

Agreed that prices are only going one way on these and by the time you can legally drive one here they will likely be in excess of $250k. A low mile example like this may even exceed 300. I don't think I could ever justify those prices, which is why there is some serious FOMO trying to figure out how to get one now before they are truly unobtainable.

For those saying you can get other cars for the same money... you're missing the point.

Comment

Originally posted by bmwMpower1 View Post
        For those saying you can get other cars for the same money... you're missing the point.
        Exactly. Not to mention ignoring how the market works.
        '05 M3 Convertible 6MT, CB/Cinnamon, CSL Airbox&Flap, PCSTuning, Beisan, Schrick 288/280, SS V1's & 2.5" System, RE Stg 1&SMF, KW V2, CB PS, Apex EC-7R

Comment

The people that will snatch most of CSLs that land in NA will not worry about 100 to $200k. They don’t care how fast it is or isn’t or how well it handles. Rarity and legacy is all that matters. A low mileage e39 M5 sold for 200k a while back. What does that make a e46 m3 csl worth to a collector? I think they could hit 300k easy if the mileage is low enough.
          3.91 | CMP Subframe & RTAB Bushings | SMG (Relocated & Rebuilt) | ESS Gen 3 Supercharger | Redish | Beisan | GC Coilovers & ARCAs | Imola Interior | RE Rasp | RE Diablo | Storm Motorwerks Paddles | Will ZCPM3 Shift Knob | Apex ARC-8 19x9, 19x9.5 | Sony XAV-AX5000 | BAVSOUND | CSL & 255 SMG Upgrades | Tiag | Vert w/Hardtop

Comment

Point taken, this would be top of my list if I was one of those to whom money is no object, it would go to shows, be driven rarely and mostly sit and appreciate in value.

Now if I simply had that sum of money and had buy a single vehicle that's when things would change. But who the hell cares about what Cubie would do with $150K.
            2004 Silbergrau Metallic 6MT
            Karbonius/OEM Snorkel/Flap/HTE Tuned
            Ssv1/Catted Sec. 1/SS 2.5" Sec. 2/SCZA

OE CSL Bootlid/AS SSK/BC Coils/4.10 Gears/ Sportline 8S Wheels/Cobra Nogaros
            RACP Plates/Vincebar/CMP/Turner RTAB/Beisan

2006 M6 Black Saphire SMG
            Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by bmwMpower1 View Post
              Agreed that prices are only going one way on these and by the time you can legally drive one here they will likely be in excess of $250k. A low mile example like this may even exceed 300. I don't think I could ever justify those prices, which is why there is some serious FOMO trying to figure out how to get one now before they are truly unobtainable.

100%!!!!!!

I would unload every car to put toward a CSL in a heartbeat...but it needs to be the right optioned CSL. I stumbled across an IG post where there's a 176 mile RHD STRIPPER that apparently is for sale (and spoken for). Even though it's RHD, I can't imagine what it would cost to have (more than likely) the lowest mileage CSL in existence. Which makes me wonder what the price difference would be between a low-optioned car vs. a fully optioned car.
              1995 BMW M3 LTW - Alpine White / Anthracite Cloth
              2000 BMW M5 - Imola Red / Imola Red & Black
              2005 BMW M3 - Alpine White / Anthracite Impulse Cloth (Manual) - ZCP - 6MT - Slicktop
              2006 BMW M3 - Alpine White / Black - ZCP - 6MT - Canadian Import
              2011 BMW M3 - Individual Fire Orange / Black - ZCP - 6MT - Slicktop - Dinan Upgrades
              2011 BMW 1M - Alpine White / Black - Canadian Import

Comment

Love how there's two different arguments going on concurrently.
                2003.5 MT JB/B - CSL SCHRICK SUPERSPRINT EISENMANN JRZ SWIFT MILLWAY APR ENDLESS BBS/SSR DREXLER KMP SACHS RECARO AR SLON MKRS GSP DMG KARBONIUS CP AUTOSOLUTIONS KOYO

Comment

I may have to swing by and actually check this thing out. Used car prices are crazy right now. Would rather spend that kind of money or a used GT series Porsche. Not surprised this is in Vancouver though, it will sell close to that price locally I bet.

Comment

I mean it's cool, but to me at least a car is only worth the experience it brings. I understand that the person who buys this doesn't care that a normal e46 with some mods would bring the same if not a better driving experience, but to me that is missing the point of cars and driving. Aside from some.cosmetic stuff and the rarity factor, if you think about it, it's not really much more special than most of our cars on here. Even if I had loads of money, it would be hard to justify. And yeah, I get that someone with the funds for this probably doesn't care and it will probably sit in their air conditioned garage to collect value.
                    Last edited by fullyflaredd; 06-30-2021, 11:59 PM.

Comment

The CSL is far more special than any garden variety m3...especially if it has been manual swapped. The airbox and several hundred pounds of lost weight are huge improvements each alone. It's like comparing a basic 911 to a gt3. You cannot turn a normal m3 into a CSL with a few mods. A replica airbox still isn't even the real deal. And how could you possibly lose the weight without making the car a mess? The CSL is much more special and surely a much better drive.

The car is worth whatever anyone will pay for it. Used cars are inflated, plus this is an iconic collectible.

And what is with the Porsche lust? I'd have a 550 Maranello at that price point.
                      Last edited by 01SG; 07-01-2021, 02:49 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by fullyflaredd View Post
                        I mean it's cool, but to me at least a car is only worth the experience it brings. I understand that the person who buys this doesn't care that a normal e46 with some mods would bring the same if not a better driving experience, but to me that is missing the point of cars and driving. Aside from some.cosmetic stuff and the rarity factor, if you think about it, it's not really much more special than most of our cars on here. Even if I had loads of money, it would be hard to justify. And yeah, I get that someone with the funds for this probably doesn't care and it will probably sit in their air conditioned garage to collect value.
                        I do wonder what the driving experience is like but I do have to agree, it can’t be that much better some of the well modified cars here. But, no one is paying 170k for this because of the driving experience, surely a GT3 is better in every way and makes sense for all of us. Its interesting why cars like this suddenly become worth so much other than FOmO and some recent publicity, or maybe at the time people thought BMW would build amazing NA cars forever. Whatever the reason, 10 years ago no one really had a hard on like this for the CSL (and a few years ago they were 30k in the uk). Still, if an e39 M5 sold for 200k, this is worth 500k by that standard.

Comment

Basically paying for something quite rare. The right mix of "want" and rarity is probably the biggest driving force in the high end market.

Comment

I wonder if anyone will bring this to the USA, might be able to using it as a show and display.

Current:

1997 BMW M3 - Boston Green/Modena
                            2003 BMW M3 · Coupe · 6MT - Alpine White/M-Texture Alcantara

Comment

Originally posted by 01SG View Post
                              The CSL is far more special than any garden variety m3...especially if it has been manual swapped. The airbox and several hundred pounds of lost weight are huge improvements each alone. It's like comparing a basic 911 to a gt3. You cannot turn a normal m3 into a CSL with a few mods. A replica airbox still isn't even the real deal. And how could you possibly lose the weight without making the car a mess? The CSL is much more special and surely a much better drive.
                              "Iconic" is exactly it. Both the E9 and E46 CSL's are purpose-built cars meant for the track and really showcased what BMW could do at the time. Those cars will NEVER lose that status...regardless of whether or not the SMG was the right transmission to put in that car. And to be quite honest, in today's world, it would be an insult for BMW to slap a "CSL" badge on anything built today. Reserving naming rights for an M8 CSL? Yeah ok. I've been in a fully modified to CSL-spec M3 and it was definitely a different driving experience compared to mine. It was incredible. The seats alone are an experience. Give me a stripper CSL with no radio, no AC, no NOTHING....that would be a pretty fun experience in my book.
                              1995 BMW M3 LTW - Alpine White / Anthracite Cloth
                              2000 BMW M5 - Imola Red / Imola Red & Black
                              2005 BMW M3 - Alpine White / Anthracite Impulse Cloth (Manual) - ZCP - 6MT - Slicktop
                              2006 BMW M3 - Alpine White / Black - ZCP - 6MT - Canadian Import
                              2011 BMW M3 - Individual Fire Orange / Black - ZCP - 6MT - Slicktop - Dinan Upgrades
                              2011 BMW 1M - Alpine White / Black - Canadian Import

Comment

Originally posted by 01SG View Post
                                You cannot turn a normal m3 into a CSL with a few mods. A replica airbox still isn't even the real deal. And how could you possibly lose the weight without making the car a mess?
                                I think we are pretty lucky with the E46 chassis to be able to convincingly replicate the CSL experience with a medium-sized handful of choice mods. Many members here have proven that there's a whole lot of weight to be lost without decreasing the functionality of the car in any way.

A quality replica airbox is close enough to the real deal for it to not matter at all with respect to the driving experience. Same goes for the CF roof. In fact with the $100k difference between a really nice normal M3 and this car ... I think one could build up a lighter and better driving car than the real CSL while still keeping it a perfectly functional four passenger street car (suspension, brakes, extra N/A power and revs are a few easy improvement areas off the top of my head).

However as many have pointed out that isn't the point, and I'd take the real CSL over even a GT3 given the choice.
                                Last edited by repoman89; 07-01-2021, 08:14 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X