How rare is my M3?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How rare is my M3?

I’m curious if any one knows how rare or not rare my car is it’s a 2003 imola red exterior and interior slicktop originally smg but converted to manual. I would love to know the amount of factory produced smg imola slick tops as well as manuals. I assume the only thing making it truly less common is that it’s a slicktop from the factory

The BMW E46 M3 was one of the best platforms produced by BMW, and owning one is something special in its own right. However not each E46 M3 is equal, with several trims and features produced some examples are rarer than others.If you are still in the market to buy one, check the numbers before you make your next purchase, you never know when you when you find a unicorn!
    Just some old shitty cars.

Comment

curious about the future collectability/desireability of smg converted to manual cars

it's definitely an asterisk that you need to disclose to buyers, but considering how successful/common they are, i wonder if it actually dilutes the manual market

Comment

So apparently my car is 1 of 2011 LHD Imola Red SMG verts with black leather interior, 1 of 1886 in the US.

Comment

I was under the impression that whether or not having a sunroof was a big deal as well.

Comment

Nice link. I figured the numbers for my AW/Black/SMG would be higher.

Comment

That link is pretty awesome. Good hookin up @02-lsb

Comment

This doesn't take into account interior option IIRC despite it being listed in the drop down options. Only way I know to find the production numbers of your cars spec is through Sickfinga on maxbimmer.

Comment

^ Exactly. We discovered in past thread that link only tells the numbers for the Color and Transmission types of the Coupes or Convertibles.
                  Which is a good starting point but hardly detailed.
                  6MT SLICKTOP - OE CSL Wheels - OE CSL Brakes - CSL Rack - CSL Trunk - CSL Diffuser - AA Tune - AA Pulleys- AS 40% SSK - 4.10 Motorsport Diff - Bilstein PSS9s - H&R Swaybars - CSL Lip - Gruppe M CF Intake - Supersprint - M Track Mode

Comment

There’s a dude on maxxbimmer that has better access to production data. Might want to try there.
                    Just some old shitty cars.

Comment

Originally posted by 02_lsb View Post
                      There’s a dude on maxxbimmer that has better access to production data. Might want to try there.
                      Yep, Sickfinga on maxbimmer. It's unfortunate that information isn't readily available somewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by Thoglan View Post

Yep, Sickfinga on maxbimmer. It's unfortunate that information isn't readily available somewhere.
                        it would be awesome if someone could compiled it all given he has probably searched every M3 config already lol....but a quick google search with the "color" you want and it should bring you to the page rather than searching 3k+ posts over 200+ pages. here is what Sickfinga has:

1,258 - 2001-2006 BMW M3 Coupe (BL93) - NA painted in Imola Red (405) with Black Nappa Leather (N5SW) interior were built for the US market. 782 manual (66 are slicktop), 476 SMG (16 are slicktop)

51 were built for the Canadian market. 30 manual, 21 SMG. None are slicktop

The most rare option in this car is the option S494A - Seat heating driver/passenger. It was installed on 15,684 out of 26,202 cars.
                        2005 6MT Coupe Mystic Blue

Comment

Originally posted by jonnypax09 View Post

it would be awesome if someone could compiled it all given he has probably searched every M3 config already lol....but a quick google search with the "color" you want and it should bring you to the page rather than searching 3k+ posts over 200+ pages. here is what Sickfinga has:

1,258 - 2001-2006 BMW M3 Coupe (BL93) - NA painted in Imola Red (405) with Black Nappa Leather (N5SW) interior were built for the US market. 782 manual (66 are slicktop), 476 SMG (16 are slicktop)

The most rare option in this car is the option S494A - Seat heating driver/passenger. It was installed on 15,684 out of 26,202 cars.
                          Wow my imola slicktop is 1 of 66? I knew it was rare, didn't realize it was that rare.

Sent from my LM-V600 using Tapatalk

Comment

Can someone do the same exact stat but for imola interior and exterior i’m hoping for a 1 of 1

Originally posted by jonnypax09 View Post

Last edited by M3AN ONE; 07-08-2021, 04:40 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by M3AN ONE View Post
                              Can someone do the same exact stat but for imola interior and exterior i’m hoping for a 1 of 1

One of 265 - 2001-2006 BMW M3 Coupe (BL93) - NA painted in Imola Red 2 (405) with Imola Red Nappa Leather (N5IM) interior. (Thats North America only).

Why are you "hoping"???

Comment

Working...
                              X