How rare is my M3?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jonnypax09 View Post

i wasnt able to find one quickly that had silver/imola/slicktop in it on a quick search through that thread but i did find this...you know it'll be a lot less than 258

533 - 2001-2006 BMW M3 Coupe (BL93) - NA painted in Titanium Silver Metallic (354) with Imola Red Nappa Leather (N5IM) interior were built for the US market. 275 manual, 258 SMG.

53 were built for the Canadian market. 35 manual, 17 SMG

The most rare option in this car is the option S662A - Radio BMW Business CD. It was installed on 1,402 out of 26,202 cars.

where did you find this info for the m3?
    I'm looking at a 2002 m3 tit silver, 6spd, vert, and its git black nappa leather

Comment

Seems like Maxbimmer is gone, and with it a bunch of production data. Bummer.

I did grab the data that was relevant to me, so I'll post it here for posterity.

19 - 2001-2006 BMW M3 Coupe (BL93) - NA painted in Alpine White 3 (300) with Anthracite M-Texture Alcantara + Black Extended Nappa Leather (F2AT) interior were built for the US market. 16 manual (9 are slicktop), 3 SMG (all 3 are slicktop).

7 were built for the Canadian market. 5 manual (2 are slicktop), 2 SMG (Neither are slicktop)

123 - 2001-2006 BMW M3 Coupe (BL93) - NA painted in Alpine White 3 (300) with Anthracite Impluse Cloth + Black Nappa Leather (G8AT) interior were built for the US market. 69 manual, 54 SMG

None were built for the Canadian market.​
      Last edited by 9kracing; 09-22-2023, 01:53 PM.
      2004 Dinan S3-R M3
      2012 Dinan S1 X5M

Comment

Originally posted by jkhoun View Post

where did you find this info for the m3?
        I'm looking at a 2002 m3 tit silver, 6spd, vert, and its git black nappa leather

Titan Silver is the most common E46 M3 color there is. You aren't going to find any rarity with that starting point.

Click image for larger version

Name:	xOlyU8.jpg
Views:	194
Size:	65.9 KB
ID:	234809

Comment

understandably knowing that tit siver was very common, I just wanted to know how many of those were 6sp verts

Comment

understandably knowing that tit siver was very common, I just wanted to know how many of those were 6sp verts
            Silver was the most common, actually. The numbers I've seen say it's about 53% SMG, 47% manual. And about twice as many coupes vs verts. So just an estimated guess here, but your car is like a 1 in ~1500 if you're in the US.
            E46 324i k24/dct/turbo Build Thread
            Phoenix Yellow e46m3 Build Thread

Comment

how about a 2002 m3 vert, 6spd, tit silver with black nappa leather?
              Super rare. By the way all E46 M3s are “6spd” one way or the other.
              6MT SLICKTOP - OE CSL Wheels - OE CSL Brakes - CSL Rack - CSL Trunk - CSL Diffuser - AA Tune - AA Pulleys- AS 40% SSK - 4.10 Motorsport Diff - Bilstein PSS9s - H&R Swaybars - CSL Lip - Gruppe M CF Intake - Supersprint - M Track Mode

Comment

My not so rare LSB:

2001 BMW E46 M3 Laguna Seca / M-Texture 6mt
                2002 BMW E46 M3 Titanium Silver/Black 6mt
                2006 BMW E46 M3 Individual Estoril blue/Black 6mt
                2019 BMW X3 M40i Phytonic blue/Tartufo Individual

Comment

Originally posted by 9kracing View Post
                  Seems like Maxbimmer is gone, and with it a bunch of production data. Bummer.

I did grab the data that was relevant to me, so I'll post it here for posterity.

Do you have m texture or cloth?

I have AW, cloth, manual (unfortunately have sunroof) so sounds like we might have the same spec. 1 of 69 was what stickyfingaz pulled for me back in the day for production numbers.

Comment

Mine came with cloth but I converted it to M-Texture,

Mine also came SMG and got converted to manual.

Sunroof here as well.

Was originally 1 of 54
                    2004 Dinan S3-R M3
                    2012 Dinan S1 X5M

Comment

Originally posted by 9kracing View Post
                      Mine came with cloth but I converted it to M-Texture,

Mine also came SMG and got converted to manual.

Sunroof here as well.

Was originally 1 of 54
                      Nice! Would love to see m texture in person and looks like you're in the Bay Area as well

Comment

It seems there's actually a bunch of users in the Bay Area. We should all go to a Cars & Coffee together or something.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2023-09-09 16.33.29.jpg
Views:	171
Size:	144.0 KB
ID:	234862
                        2004 Dinan S3-R M3
                        2012 Dinan S1 X5M

Comment

Damn custom m texture on the recaro sportser cs's? Nice! Yeah we should definitely try to get together for a cars and coffee soon. I'll shoot you a DM

Comment

Last year, I had a 2006 E46 M3 Alpine White/M-Texture 6mt Slicktop from factory. It was a 1/2 for Canadian market and I know the other owner, it’s a 2002.
                            2001 BMW E46 M3 Laguna Seca / M-Texture 6mt
                            2002 BMW E46 M3 Titanium Silver/Black 6mt
                            2006 BMW E46 M3 Individual Estoril blue/Black 6mt
                            2019 BMW X3 M40i Phytonic blue/Tartufo Individual

Comment

Working...
                            X