No announcement yet.

How rare is my M3?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the only 1 of 1 i saw in there after quickly searching a few random colors was LSB on Imola coupe in the US, im sure there are others

here is the thread title over on Maxbimmer by Sickfinga - BMW production data. [UPDATE 08/19: F31 LCI NA-market added]
    2005 6MT Coupe Mystic Blue

Comment

Originally posted by jonnypax09 View Post
      the only 1 of 1 i saw in there after quickly searching a few random colors was LSB on Imola coupe in the US, im sure there are others

here is the thread title over on Maxbimmer by Sickfinga - BMW production data. [UPDATE 08/19: F31 LCI NA-market added]
      Does that mean I found the 1 of 1 LSB/Imola for sale?

Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.
      2005 BMW ///M3 Alpine White/Imola Red 6MT

Comment

Originally posted by MTiz View Post

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...rral_code=null
        2001 LSB makes me think that that car originally had a grey interior

Edit: yep

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20210708-193659_Chrome Beta~2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	53.0 KB ID:	113982
        Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20210708-193434_Chrome Beta~2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	50.4 KB ID:	113983
        Last edited by heinzboehmer; 07-08-2021, 06:38 PM.
        2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

Typically the rarer the less desirable.
          2003.5 MT JB/B - CSL SCHRICK SUPERSPRINT EISENMANN JRZ SWIFT MILLWAY APR ENDLESS BBS/SSR DREXLER KMP SACHS RECARO AR SLON MKRS GSP DMG KARBONIUS CP AUTOSOLUTIONS KOYO

Comment

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...rral_code=null
            only one way to find out...run the vin

Originally posted by heinzboehmer View Post

2001 LSB makes me think that that car originally had a grey interior
            this...

what a great way to start off the add though lol "Not that it helps resale but the first owner was George Foreman the Boxer and the Lean Mean Grilling Machine Himself."

Comment

I just read through this thread and never really thought about how "rare" mine was until now..

anyone want to give me a idea of production as I am completed lost how you all find this stuff out.

2002 coupe
              Lhd
              titanium silver
              imola red interior
              slick top
              smg

Comment

Originally posted by Fresh6390 View Post
                I just read through this thread and never really thought about how "rare" mine was until now..

anyone want to give me a idea of production as I am completed lost how you all find this stuff out.

2002 coupe
                Lhd
                titanium silver
                imola red interior
                slick top
                smg
                i wasnt able to find one quickly that had silver/imola/slicktop in it on a quick search through that thread but i did find this...you know it'll be a lot less than 258

533 - 2001-2006 BMW M3 Coupe (BL93) - NA painted in Titanium Silver Metallic (354) with Imola Red Nappa Leather (N5IM) interior were built for the US market. 275 manual, 258 SMG.

53 were built for the Canadian market. 35 manual, 17 SMG

The most rare option in this car is the option S662A - Radio BMW Business CD. It was installed on 1,402 out of 26,202 cars.

Comment

Originally posted by jonnypax09 View Post

i wasnt able to find one quickly that had silver/imola/slicktop in it on a quick search through that thread but i did find this...you know it'll be a lot less than 258

533 - 2001-2006 BMW M3 Coupe (BL93) - NA painted in Titanium Silver Metallic (354) with Imola Red Nappa Leather (N5IM) interior were built for the US market. 275 manual, 258 SMG.

53 were built for the Canadian market. 35 manual, 17 SMG

The most rare option in this car is the option S662A - Radio BMW Business CD. It was installed on 1,402 out of 26,202 cars.
                  Thanks for searching for me.

Kind of mind blowing that there were only 258 with this exterior, interior, and transmission spec.

Comment

Originally posted by Fresh6390 View Post

Thanks for searching for me.

Kind of mind blowing that there were only 258 with this exterior, interior, and transmission spec.
                    Not to be a party pooper, but pretty much anything that isn't tiag/carbon black on black/grey is going to have about that production number or lower. Thats quite a lot of cars given how many variables you are defining by. Granted yours is without sunroof which I'm always surprised how few came ordered that way, but it all gets a bit arbitrary after a certain point.

I think once you get <~20 broken down by colour/interior/trans, then you start getting into "rare" territory as pointless as the distinction might be if it's a horrible spec.
                    Last edited by Thoglan; 07-13-2021, 09:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Thoglan View Post

Not to be a party pooper, but pretty much anything that isn't tiag/carbon black on black/grey is going to have about that production number or lower. Thats quite a lot of cars given how many variables you are defining by. Granted yours is without sunroof which I'm always surprised how few came ordered that way, but it all gets a bit arbitrary after a certain point.
                      True. Trying to layer-on anything beyond exterior and interior color is just trying to make yourself feel special.

Comment

Originally posted by Thoglan View Post

Granted yours is without sunroof which I'm always surprised how few came ordered that way, but it all gets a bit arbitrary after a certain point.
                        I remember reading that it was super difficult to get a slicktop as dealers were afraid they wouldn't be able to move them off the lot. I get it, personally, I wanted a sunroof when I was looking for mines last year. I enjoy opening it up on cool-weather days and as far as needing the extra room for a helmet on track, I'm short anyways so it'll be fine lol.
                        2005 BMW ///M3 Alpine White/Imola Red 6MT

Comment

I remember reading that it was super difficult to get a slicktop as dealers were afraid they wouldn't be able to move them off the lot. I get it, personally, I wanted a sunroof when I was looking for mines last year. I enjoy opening it up on cool-weather days and as far as needing the extra room for a helmet on track, I'm short anyways so it'll be fine lol.
                          Yep it's always interesting seeing how preferences change over time. I'm short as well but visually I just prefer the look of no sunroof. Something nice about the smooth uninterrupted roof line. I am short as well but my buying criteria was pretty much manual/no sunroof.

Comment

Hi all, just joined the community. I am about to purchase a 2003.5 slitktop Alpine White w/ Cinnamon Nappa Leather SMG with the manual seats. I was trying to navigate the maxBimmer site to find sickfinga but couldn't get very far. The gentleman selling the car says that it is 1/37 in the US. He is asking a bit of a premium for it's rarity.I'm not sure I care that much because it is my favorite color combo and the car is in great shape and will be better after a little TLC. Any way anyone can advise me on how to navigate the maxBimmer page or find out the production number on that combo. It has a buyback title which I'm not concerned about after driving the car and I'm prepared to do the big three issues and most likely a manual conversion. Just not trying to pay a premium on a car that doesn't rate it. Thanks!
                            Last edited by rs0321; 10-13-2021, 08:02 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by rs0321 View Post
                              Hi all, just joined the community. I am about to purchase a 2003.5 slitktop Alpine White w/ Cinnamon Nappa Leather SMG with the manual seats. I was trying to navigate the maxBimmer site to find sickfinga but couldn't get very far. The gentleman selling the car says that it is 1/37 in the US. He is asking a bit of a premium for it's rarity.I'm not sure I care that much because it is my favorite color combo and the car is in great shape and will be better after a little TLC. Any way anyone can advise me on how to navigate the maxBimmer page or find out the production number on that combo. It has a buyback title which I'm not concerned about after driving the car and I'm prepared to do the big three issues and most likely a manual conversion. Just not trying to pay a premium on a car that doesn't rate it. Thanks!
                              Offer what it is worth - and what it is worth to you. A 1 of 37 isn't really "rare". Maybe 1 of <5 is rare. So I wouldn't really pay a premium for it. Under the skin its still the same car as one with a different color element. I mean - are you really going to sit in your house and rock back-and-forth mumbling "I have a rare color car" ?

Make a fair offer for what your are buying - not the story.

Comment

Originally posted by rs0321 View Post
                                Just realize that a “buy back title” or “rebuilt title” may affect insurance. It could limit policy options or payout.

Comment

Working...
                                X