2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

What a bold statement.
    DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
    /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
    More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Originally posted by Tbonem3 View Post
      What a bold statement.
      And it's for garage queens...i suppose there's a reason to own, hold, and never drive one but why? seems so boring to me to use a car as an investment.

Comment

I really hate how much these cars have gone up in value. I bought mine because I like to drive it and not to keep in storage waiting for it to appreciate.

These rising values only make me want to take the car out on the streets less, cause I know it will be really hard to replace if someone messes it up.

​​​​​​An agreed value insurance policy would be ideal, but no one wants to offer me one of those policies without a daily driver. For some reason, no insurance company understands that I don't need this car to live my life and I truly only drive it for pleasure.
        2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

Originally posted by dr_011 View Post

seems so boring to me to use a car as an investment.
          especially a car that's main selling point was being able to DD

i can understand keeping a GT3 as a garage queen that you tow to track days to keep the mileage down but exactly what appeal is there in owning an M3 kept stock and not driven often?

Comment

Originally posted by heinzboehmer View Post
            I bought mine because I like to drive it and not to keep in storage waiting for it to appreciate.
            Nobody until recently has bought an e46 m3 as an investment tool.

PS. I can't stand demuro.
            2003.5 MT JB/B - CSL SCHRICK SUPERSPRINT EISENMANN JRZ SWIFT MILLWAY APR ENDLESS BBS/SSR DREXLER KMP SACHS RECARO AR SLON MKRS GSP DMG KARBONIUS CP AUTOSOLUTIONS KOYO

Comment

Originally posted by usdmej View Post

especially a car that's main selling point was being able to DD

i can understand keeping a GT3 as a garage queen that you tow to track days to keep the mileage down but exactly what appeal is there in owning an M3 kept stock and not driven often?

I guess its hard for us to imagine it since we are living thru the "transitional" time where the e46 m3 goes from a usable car to a classic collector item. But I would wager that a few decades from now many would see us as the odd ones lol. But still i dont care imma drive my m3

Comment

Buy a second one

Comment

You can continue to drive it as values go up. If you crash, it's just more likely to get repaired (or you'll get a higher pay out).

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
                  2012 LMB/Black 128i

Comment

More reason to get better insurance (stated value, and up it every year). Not that we haven't beaten that horse...

Comment

Every enthusiast car has gone up in value, not just ours.

Comment

Cant say I disagree with Doug on this one... I dont think we are too far off from seeing blue chip examples trading over $100k (Hell, UDrive already has one...)
                        2006 M3 ZCP 6spd
                        2008 M3 6spd
                        2012 LP 570-4 Super Trofeo Stradale
                        2014 Ferrari 458

Follow me on instagram @ biggreasytaco

Comment

I also can't stand Doug, but I think he's right.

I've had my E46 since 2009. Back then, it was still a relatively recent model and car guys would admire it in passing. As time went on it got less special and I started seeing more younger people driving them, modding them heavily. No one would even bat an eye if you parked one at a car meet. In the past year alone, I've gotten over a dozen compliments on it from strangers telling me they love it or miss their old E46's. It's my opinion that with the advent of the sterile electric vehicle and all the new funky designs (looking at you 4-series!), that people are starting to appreciate the golden-era of cars (early 2000's). Just the right balance of raw driving experience and technology.

Big picture though...if you are really looking to increase the value of money then the stock market and real estate are better bets lol. Buy an E46 M3 to drive it, not park it in a garage!

Comment

He's just stating the obvious and what has already been discussed, no new real revelations.

Agreed though, back in 03 I had strangers following me and paying compliments all the time as well as females. As the car got a few years old nobody looked at it anymore. It's reassuring that people are finally realizing what a classic it truly is. I can't say I'm surprised, the e46 was all the hype back then and not many cars under 100k garnered the appreciation they did. It's actually good to see it return to glory and stay there.
                            2003.5 MT JB/B - CSL SCHRICK SUPERSPRINT EISENMANN JRZ SWIFT MILLWAY APR ENDLESS BBS/SSR DREXLER KMP SACHS RECARO AR SLON MKRS GSP DMG KARBONIUS CP AUTOSOLUTIONS KOYO

Comment

Originally posted by cobra View Post
                              I also can't stand Doug, but I think he's right.

I've had my E46 since 2009. Back then, it was still a relatively recent model and car guys would admire it in passing. As time went on it got less special and I started seeing more younger people driving them, modding them heavily. No one would even bat an eye if you parked one at a car meet. In the past year alone, I've gotten over a dozen compliments on it from strangers telling me they love it or miss their old E46's. It's my opinion that with the advent of the sterile electric vehicle and all the new funky designs (looking at you 4-series!), that people are starting to appreciate the golden-era of cars (early 2000's). Just the right balance of raw driving experience and technology.

Big picture though...if you are really looking to increase the value of money then the stock market and real estate are better bets lol. Buy an E46 M3 to drive it, not park it in a garage!
                              I don't think the stock market or real estate are particularly sound bets at the moment

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
                              2012 LMB/Black 128i

Comment

Working...
                              X